Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2013   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Expert NFL Analyst John McClain Gives His TAKE (Must Listen)

My gawd. Please tell me that's fake. PLEASE.

There's no way that's legitimate. In what universe would a guy like him still have his job after THAT....if it was indeed 100% real?????
Old 01-15-2013   #22
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

People he was in character for his upcoming role in NyQuil the musical.
Old 01-15-2013   #23
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The impressive part was that he was simultaneously typing his weekly post-game summary.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its been two long playoff weeks he was prob workin hard and very tired

i know i felt a little tired 2 days ago like drained
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #25
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My gawd. Please tell me that's fake. PLEASE.

There's no way that's legitimate. In what universe would a guy like him still have his job after THAT....if it was indeed 100% real?????
LOL .. he's JM and can get away with that, though he's going to get ribbed for that for a good while I imagine.

It's not like he fell asleep in the studio. They probably had him on hold for awhile before putting him on the air and he dozed off while waiting. Since his snoring was so loud I wonder if he had a Blue Tooth on.

I will say this about JM. Before knowing him I trashed him pretty hard because of the Bud Adams thing. I don't remember if it were from an article I wrote on the old Texans Talk or maybe I fired a hate email off to him. However to my surprise he responded in a dignified manner.

He did some cool things for a few of us back then and some were saying he was just trying to win us over. However all these years later he is still real approachable and will go out of his way for the fans. I don't text him much but did couple of times this season and he always responds. Whether you like his writing, etc or not, he is a good guy.

Also, he reads this board.

That all said .. he does deserve this thread ...lol.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Whether you like his writing, etc or not, he is a good guy.
Having met him I concur. I think he is more of a football insider than analyst but nothing wrong with that - good guy.
Old 01-16-2013   #27
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I will say this about JM. Before knowing him I trashed him pretty hard because of the Bud Adams thing. I don't remember if it were from an article I wrote on the old Texans Talk or maybe I fired a hate email off to him. However to my surprise he responded in a dignified manner.
Back when you wrote essays for the front page, you wrote one criticizing McClain's article and also Bud Adams. He contacted you about it, and made the case that Bud wasn't such a bad guy.

When I got back into watching football years ago, I read McClain's blog and I would participate in his live chats. At some point, his work became less substantial and I stopped following him. I've spoken to many people who had the same experience. Now he is, as mentioned above, an insider more than analyst. I hear him on the local Austin stations playing that role.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #28
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
its been two long playoff weeks he was prob workin hard and very tired

i know i felt a little tired 2 days ago like drained
Whatever you say John.
Old 01-16-2013   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Having met him I concur. I think he is more of a football insider than analyst but nothing wrong with that - good guy.
Good guy or not, he's got to get his weight under control. He was friggin HUGE the last time I saw him. Health issues are surely to come if they haven't already.
Old 01-16-2013   #30
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't doubt he is a good guy..seems like a guy to hang with.. but I really couldn't stand listening to him when he decided he wasn't an insider anymore. When I first moved I used to love hearing his segment on 610 because he'd give inside scoop on who was looking where, who might sign, etc. Then he turned into angry, defensive analyst who just regurgitated stuff he thought he heard and much of it didn't make sense. I remember when the Texans D was getting torched 5 years ago or so and fans wanted Richard Smith to blitz more. John kept repeating...weekly, the same tired line about..."they can't blitz because the DBs can't cover, etc." Yet out of desperation they started blitzing late that season and it worked some. When this was brought to his attention he got peeved. Just be an insider and stick with it.
Old 01-17-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

What do y'all think of Barry Warner?
Old 01-17-2013   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Has to be fake.
Not fake and not the first time it's happened.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
...not the first time it's happened.
Yep. His mother posted old videos of a younger John doing interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKwgklxOyJA
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
The impressive part was that he was simultaneously typing his weekly post-game summary.
With his nose or forehead ?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoffs View Post
yep. His mother posted old videos of a younger john doing interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwgklxoyja
lol
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With his nose or forehead ?
No. He had that Dragon talk-to-text software to conduct his write-up.

But unfortunately all that got put to text was this:

Zzzzz.....gurrrrbbble wheeeshhhh...zzzz..
Old 01-17-2013   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
What do y'all think of Barry Warner?
I think he's funny.

I like these old dues for their war stories. Yeah, they act like they know everything there is to know and expect you to worship their analysis, but to me, their real value is the experiences with local sports history.

A lot of folks really dislike Warner, and I can understand it. But, he's a radio personality and his job it to entertain us. And in that regard, I am usually entertained by his curmudgeon attitude toward the young dudes at the station.
Old 01-17-2013   #38
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like warner. I like almost everyone on the radio. Warner and Freddie d almost had a fist fight on air a while ago...lol...it was great...went to commercial, came back and neither would come to the mic...they had to go back to commercial...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #39
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like warner. I like almost everyone on the radio. Warner and Freddie d almost had a fist fight on air a while ago...lol...it was great...went to commercial, came back and neither would come to the mic...they had to go back to commercial...
Oh that is HILARIOUS. I used to listen to them for the first few weeks where Freddie D was officially his partner on the show, but haven't listened to them since.

I gotta know what this was about.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #40
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

"This is fake, absolutely 100% fake. No way this is even remotely real and shame on anybody who thinks otherwise..."

~Manti & Lennay

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read