Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2013   #141
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Sad but true.

How did Wade get hired?

He was an outsider.
Uncle Bob demanded it.
Old 01-17-2013   #142
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
It would be stupid not to. He gives you the best chance to win.

If Hartman and Bullock aren't our starters next year I will be dissapointed.
Hartman sued the team, I'd be real surprised if he's back. Bullock I expect to be the starter.
Old 01-17-2013   #143
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Hartman sued the team, I'd be real surprised if he's back. Bullock I expect to be the starter.
He didn't sue the team. It was the company in charge of the field. Not the actual texans organization.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #144
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
But honestly, I think the guy's job was safe AND IS safe no matter what.

It's The Kubiak Way. If you're on the Kubiak Express, if your ticket is punched, you get to ride the whole way. No stops, no layovers. You're IN.
I don't know... we had no problems firing Rich Smith & Frank Bush. From his last press conference and the Kubiak Show, he sounded very unhappy how special teams performed this season. I'd bet Marciano's days are almost over.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #145
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Met Marciano's brother and sister-n-law at a sports bar named "the Pub" at the MC hotel in Vegas over the past weekend. Real nice couple.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #146
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Has this clown been fired yet?
Old 01-17-2013   #147
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Joe is very nice I first met him at training camp in 2002. He has a special needs child and always comes over to me at practice and talks.
Old 01-17-2013   #148
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Joe is very nice I first met him at training camp in 2002. He has a special needs child and always comes over to me at practice and talks.
Gary, lots of people are nice and have great families and are great people, but we also need someone that's a good special teams coach. We are struggling on special teams now for at least 2 years.

He needs to pick it up or we need a new coach.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #149
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Sad but true.

How did Wade get hired?

He was an outsider.
All it took was one of the worst defensive seasons in history.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #150
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I wasn't speaking about the man himself, Gary, just his coaching abilities, or more specifically his inability to adapt to today's game.
Old 01-18-2013   #151
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

is this dude fired yet

a good special teams is the biggest need on this team IMO look what happend to San deigo that one year bad ST cost them the entire season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #152
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
One of my fears is that special team play was good enough in NE game to get Joe another year.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think that NE game saved Marciano.

But you do have to wonder if the returners (trindon included) just werent getting it done back there since manning was able to bust two big ones with relative eased. He looked like he reads it better and is more patient that the other guys we've put back there.
It's this.

And it wasn't just the insertion of Manning; I heard, during the telecast of the game, that Joe was also given a couple of new guys, Keo and someone else who's name eludes my memory, that were better, more decisive, ST blockers and those additions - plus Manning - to the KO team made the STs more effective in the N.E. game. I know I saw definite lanes open up for Manning to exploit and he wasted no time in busting thru them for those big run backs.

I'll also add that a couple of us wanted Manning to run back kicks all season long. But the majority of folks on this board didn't want to risk him getting hurt and us having to be without him in the secondary. I remember folks going back and forth about it and mentioning that Manning never got hurt running back kicks. He got hurt playing safety. I still think he's the best, most instinctive, returner on the team.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #153
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and i still think they wont risk him returing next year UNLESSSSS bye week 3 the returner does realllyyyy poorly who ever that might be
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #154
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions agree to terms with John Bonamego as special teams coordinator

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #155
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually in the playoffs, they inserted more starters in the special teams units.

I noticed Quin, Manning, Walter all out there at times.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #156
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers hire Danny Smith as special teams coach

Old 01-31-2013   #157
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Here's a piece of the Q & A that I believe answers our questions concerning Marciano.

John McClain
Q: You gave Kubiak a new three-year contract before this season. What do you like about Kubiak?

Bob McNair
A: I think he does a great job. He likes his coordinators and position coaches, and I do, too. He works hard. Hes organized. The players love playing for him. They have a lot of confidence in him.

That pretty much sums it up for me. The ol' loyal to a fault Kubiak strikes again. The ST's have been an issue for quite some time, but will continue to be ignored until either McNair wises up & steps in, ala Wade, or it becomes the lone factor in costing the Texans some games & potentially Kubiak's job. Until then kubiak will sit on his hands & be the good buddy while accepting mediocrity from one component of his team. After all, that is how championships are won.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #158
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been 2+ weeks since our season ended. If they haven't fired Joe by now, they simply aren't. So, Joe gets the ol' participatory trophy from Kubes for his effort on leading our last in the league special teams unit. Congrats Joe!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #159
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is an old saying that "cream rises to the top", with the obvious metaphor that the best in any given endeavor usually comes out on top.

Well,what substance is it that does not rise to the top, but floats near the top but never actually makes it to the top. Whatever that substance is, that's the Texans right now.

By not holding obvious flaws accountable for failure, we should expect nothing greater than what we have seen so far. We can upgrade so many things, but when your QB and special teams are pedestrian in big games, then expect to float near the top but never be the top.
Old 01-31-2013   #160
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

This one I put on Mr. McNair. He knows Gary's flaws -- that he's loyal to a fault.

Bob should have had harsh words with Gary about special teams performance, decisions imo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read