Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2013   #61
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
He did it so that he could drop in he draft to the Texans
If he does fall to us, we should 100% take him.

Unless McNair has a no tolerance policy about fake dead girlfriends.

AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #62
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Teo said something about being with her "again".

At some point he lied. He either lied to his parents and let them perpetuate the lie, or he lied with his own lips. Maybe both.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #63
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I bet this is all some elaborate hoax between Te'o and Lance Armstrong.
It's crazy how a bunch of things come out around the same time..liestrong, this, "sandy hook conspiracy"...
Old 01-17-2013   #64
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-17-2013   #65
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well, Teo said something about being with her "again".

At some point he lied. He either lied to his parents and let them perpetuate the lie, or he lied with his own lips. Maybe both.
It sounds like his parents implied and the media inferred. If he believed it was real, why does he care about the details of stories in the media?

(of course, to me a plausible alternate theory is he is gay and this was his cover story)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #66
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Here's my $.02. Facts to date:

-Te'o never said he actually met her
-Te'o's dad either directly or indirectly said they met at a Stanford game
-the media then reported more and more embellished stories about real life interaction
Ok, assuming that Te'o never told the "media" he actually met her in person, we do know he told it to teammates and obviously to his dad (where else would the dad get the story?)

So trying to portray him as an innocent victim is playing ostrich. The stories about how they met and their in person meetings came from him, not anywhere else. It's understandable he lied so people wouldn't know he never met the woman but don't try to pretend like he is completely innocent.

Quote:
So having been 'Catfished' myself in college (sigh, sad to admit, several times), I'm starting to wonder if he told the truth. There is (or was) a deep pool of crazy ass women online who lie about who they are because, one can only assume, they enjoy the attention(?).

They make up crazy stories as to why they can't meet, video chat, etc. Lie about things like illness, disease, accidents, dying family members, etc.

Now, if this was months, I get it. Maybe he is just insecure and got duped by a crazy girl lying about who she is.

If this was truly for 3 years, well..... Not sure what I believe then.

The AZ player coming out, well, I thin he is full of it and flat out lying to try to cover for a friend.
The length of time is what gets me along with him describing how he talked with her for hours every night and falling asleep with her on the phone. If this was strictly online, who was he talking to? And you are telling me a hoaxer will go to the length of having daily hours long heartfelt talks over the phone over a long period of time just to perpetuate a ruse?
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #67
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

-the media then reported more and more embellished stories about real life interaction

So having been 'Catfished' myself in college (sigh, sad to admit, several times), I'm starting to wonder if he told the truth. There is (or was) a deep pool of crazy ass women online who lie about who they are because, one can only assume, they enjoy the attention(?).

They make up crazy stories as to why they can't meet, video chat, etc. Lie about things like illness, disease, accidents, dying family members, etc.

Now, if this was months, I get it. Maybe he is just insecure and got duped by a crazy girl lying about who she is.

The AZ player coming out, well, I thin he is full of it and flat out lying to try to cover for a friend.
In Bold, in the interview I heard this morning, HE talked about her physical beauty, suggesting he did meet her. Could he be talking about this from possibly a photo?

Man this thing is absolutely nuking futz....I still think this is some sort of cover up for something greater that has yet to be reviled...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #68
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
And you are telling me a hoaxer will go to the length of having daily hours long heartfelt talks over the phone over a long period of time just to perpetuate a ruse?
Yes - I say that from personal experience. The lengths these people go to is insane. I can only assume they are living really messed up lives or something.

Again, 3-6 mos I get. 3 years....?? If all that is true, he did get duped, then Te'o has some deep seeded issues and needs a shrink.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013   #69
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
In Bold, in the interview I heard this morning, HE talked about her physical beauty, suggesting he did meet her. Could he be talking about this from possibly a photo?

Man this thing is absolutely nuking futz....
I got that from Deadspin on 610 - the Deadspin guy made it very clear that Te'o never actually said he met her. That came from other people and the media ran with it.

I trust him since they did all the research.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013   #70
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The story about them meeting at the Stanford game was given by him. The reporters who wrote it...not Deadspin.. were quoted as saying they got the information from he and his family. The part about the looks and touching hands...him. That story was out there for public consumption for a year and he never denied it or corrected it.

I'm not saying he is part of the hoax but it concerns me that the above story was through him and was never corrected and it concerns me that his "love" was in an auto accident and had leukemia and he never once went to see her in a hospital...or tried to. To me that is fishy. He talked about sending white flowers to her funeral yet there was no funeral.
Old 01-17-2013   #71
Rey
Hall of Fame

If he falls to the texans in round 2, do you take him?
Old 01-17-2013   #72
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok here is my question, and I hope I do not offend those this has happened to...

At what point in this "relationship" do you not call BS and move on? If a girl I met, over the internet, found every excuse not to meet me, my red flag is going up that either...

A: she isn't who she says she is,

B: she is actually a he or

C: She has some serious issues and I am not sure I want to be apart of that...

It says this was a 3 year relationship, right, and he did or didn't actually meet her? Wouldn't that be a sign of serious emotional instability?

Old 01-17-2013   #73
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I got that from Deadspin on 610 - the Deadspin guy made it very clear that Te'o never actually said he met her. That came from other people and the media ran with it.

I trust him since they did all the research.
No this was Te'o himself talking to Jim Rome in an interview...He talked about not only was she beautiful "physically" but spiritually as well, or something to that effect...

Old 01-17-2013   #74
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ok here is my question, and I hope I do not offend those this has happened to...

At what point in this "relationship" do you not call BS and move on? If a girl I met, over the internet, found every excuse not to meet me, my red flag is going up that either...

A: she isn't who she says she is,

B: she is actually a he or

C: She has some serious issues and I am not sure I want to be apart of that...

It says this was a 3 year relationship, right, and he did or didn't actually meet her? Wouldn't that be a sign of serious emotional instability?
As far as always failing to meet up in person.....

Fool me once....shame on you.
Fool me twice... shame on me.
Fool me 3+ times.... I'm probably desperate and someone who has low self esteem and want to believe I'm in a relationship even though I know I'm really not.
Fool me numerous times over 3 years.... I am a complete idiot who yet somehow managed to graduate from Notre Dame and successfully play a difficult position in football that requires thinking and instinct that I'm likely to be drafted in the NFL....... or I was a part of it.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #75
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
As far as always failing to meet up in person.....

Fool me once....shame on you.
Fool me twice... shame on me.
Fool me 3+ times.... I'm probably desperate and someone who has low self esteem and want to believe I'm in a relationship even though I know I'm really not.
Fool me numerous times over 3 years.... I am a complete idiot who yet somehow managed to graduate from Notre Dame and successfully play a difficult position in football that requires thinking and instinct that I'm likely to be drafted in the NFL....... or I was a part of it.
I am almost hoping Sheldon pops his head out and shouts...BAZZINGA!

Old 01-17-2013   #76
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The story about them meeting at the Stanford game was given by him. The reporters who wrote it...not Deadspin.. were quoted as saying they got the information from he and his family. The part about the looks and touching hands...him. That story was out there for public consumption for a year and he never denied it or corrected it.

I'm not saying he is part of the hoax but it concerns me that the above story was through him and was never corrected and it concerns me that his "love" was in an auto accident and had leukemia and he never once went to see her in a hospital...or tried to. To me that is fishy. He talked about sending white flowers to her funeral yet there was no funeral.
To correct myself and go with Yankee here this is an update from the authors of the article about the girlfriend and how they met

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/ma...e-internet.php

Quote:
Update: the author of this article has said that Te'o's father was the source for the information about how the couple met. Presumably this information was a lie his son told him.
Would someone cover for him and throw it to his Dad? Either way T'eo lied to his Dad and told him this stuff...all of this stuff\

Quote:
"Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

'They started out as just friends,' Brian Te'o said. 'Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple. And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now.'"
Old 01-17-2013   #77
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guy is a devout Mormon so it's highly likely he is a virgin waiting for marriage.
I wonder which is considered worse in Mormon theology, pre-marital sex or publicly lying for months on end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Have no idea why this is even a story. Especially that it is the biggest news story all over the sports world.
Find a bigger sports story going on right now. This has implication for ND as well as the young man himself. Let's hope it has implications for all the journalists who ran with it blindly.

Quote:

From the deadspin article
Quote:
Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.
That quote isn't attributed to his Dad, as the next one is. So, exactly how did the SB Trib get the story? Edit: I see Frog's response above. Still looks like Te'o is fibbing to somebody.

Aside - Can I believe he got taken in? Sure. Does that excuse the layer-upon-layer of BS that's emerged since then? Nope. Was it made public before the Heisman voting? How about that bowl game? Neither ND, nor Te'o have a story that answers all the questions yet.
Old 01-17-2013   #78
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I wonder which is considered worse in Mormon theology, pre-marital sex or publicly lying for months on end?

Find a bigger sports story going on right now. This has implication for ND as well as the young man himself. Let's hope it has implications for all the journalists who ran with it blindly.

From the deadspin article That quote isn't attributed to his Dad, as the next one is. So, exactly how did the SB Trib get the story? Edit: I see Frog's response above. Still looks like Te'o is fibbing to somebody.

Aside - Can I believe he got taken in? Sure. Does that excuse the layer-upon-layer of BS that's emerged since then? Nope. Was it made public before the Heisman voting? How about that bowl game? Neither ND, nor Te'o have a story that answers all the questions yet.
This is a really great read on all of these questions..I'll highlight the one I didn't even think about

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/ma...e-internet.php

9. What's the motive to fake this relationship?

Quote:
This is where I get hung up and the question I return to again and again. You're talking about hours and hours of effort to fake a relationship. What's the payoff? To humiliate someone? (And stop with your Catfish emails, I know all about the show). I just don't buy that there's someone who wants to sit on the phone for eight hours long night after night pretending to be near death with cancer so they can eventually say, "Gotcha!"

This is the biggest waste of time ever. Plus, it requires not only a fake girlfriend, but a fake brother. And maybe other fake family members too. What's the point of an entire conspiracy built around convincing Manti Te'o that his online girlfriend is real?

And that's what I can't get past, there just isn't a real motive to fake this relationship. There's no payoff, no pot of gold at the end of the long con.

Watch this video beginning at 2:30 and look at how crazy this is. "She" wrote letters to him before every game?
Old 01-17-2013   #79
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
That story was out there for public consumption for a year and he never denied it or corrected it.

I still believe that it is plausible he was a dupe - he fell in love with 'her' and was too blind to call her BS. If that was the case for 3 years, then the boy needs a shrink. I could also see her not showing up for things so he lied or his family lied to cover.

I had a New Year's Eve date one year in college, online girl I was meeting for the first time. We had talked for months hours at a time, she lived about 6 hours away (in Ohio that's far! lol) - she called day of and made up some excuse about winning bowl game tickets and a limo, etc.

Needless to say, I lied to my friends about everything, it was embarrassing to be so stupid.

My gut is women that do this are unattractive or trash and lie about their appearance and who they are - and they enjoy the hours talking every day because they get to pretend they are someone else.

Now, I'm not saying 100% he got duped, but I submit to you it is very possible and if he did it for 3 years, the boy has some issues that need dealt with.

Oh, and I talked to some of these girls' 'family members.' Not far fetched 'he, I met this guy online friend/brother/whatever, he is starting to stalk me, will you tell him I died?' Cause yeah, I had third party folks tell me one of the online girls I talked to she had missed our meet up because she was in a bad car accident. Just my point - this **** does happen and there are crazy desperate people out there. I think the longest I was duped by a girl was roughly 4 months. What was her end game? Nothing, I guess?

If he truly was duped for 3 years I would not take him in the first round.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013   #80
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

More Te'oing

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read