Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-16-2013   #41
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Because it was made such a big story around a Heisman candidate when it happened. If it wasn't made such a big deal then and leading up to the National Championship game then it wouldn't be a story today at all.
I still don't give a damn personally. Some college kid on the ND squad made up a story about a GF so the media would flaunt all over him?? It seemed to have worked. I'll actually applaud the guy for trolling the media and bamboozling them. If they went out of their way to promote some guy for certain awards because of some story they tried to push, they're just as guilty as he is. Frankly I'm sick and tired of the media trying to cram some "feel good story" down our throats to help an athlete win something extra that wasn't done on the field. It bothers me to no end when they do that.

The guy is a ********* for lying like this and deceiving people, but I feel that the media is just as much to blame if this is all true. They tried to push this guy's story out there so he could get extra votes, and they didn't "fact check" any of it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #42
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I still don't give a damn personally. Some college kid on the ND squad made up a story about a GF so the media would flaunt all over him?? It seemed to have worked. I'll actually applaud the guy for trolling the media and bamboozling them. If they went out of their way to promote some guy for certain awards because of some story they tried to push, they're just as guilty as he is. Frankly I'm sick and tired of the media trying to cram some "feel good story" down our throats to help an athlete win something extra that wasn't done on the field. It bothers me to no end when they do that.
I can understand that....... There are plenty of kids playing games every day going through tons of personal issues like his were thought to be or worse so I agree with you there.

Last edited by Texn4life; 01-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I can understand that....... There are plenty of kids playing game every day going through tons of personal issues like his were thought to be or worse so I agree with you there.
And to clarify things, I do like some of the "feel good" stories that the media promotes from time to time. I loved that one on JJ Watt and those kids. I just get irritated when they use it to try and push some athlete's candidacy above others just because they had some tragedy or some type of hardship. These awards are not about the human being. It is supposed to be about their accomplishments and activities on the field.

But yeah, if the media is ticked off, because they went out of their way to sensationalize this, they got what they deserved.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #44
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

dear lord that cuppy gif is freaking incredible!!!

I liked this one as well.

pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #45
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Who

Gives

A

FLuX

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #46
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprising, Te'o is not a real MLB, he just plays one on TV....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The South Bend Tribune scrubbed the story they published of Teo physically meeting his made up girlfriend....but google cache doesn't scrub so well.

Quote:
For the first time this season and seventh time in Te'o's career, his parents, Brian and Ottilia, will be in the stands for the game -- along with the youngest of his five siblings, 6-year-old brother Manasseh.

"They're watching you and they're watching someone who they've given everything they have to live his dream," Te'o said earlier this week. "My dream is to help them in their dream, too. So, it's always exciting. It's going to be a special occasion to see them in the stands."

And Manti Te'o is convinced the beautiful stranger will be watching too Saturday, somehow.

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

"And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."

About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple, she was injured in an auto accident. There were complications during her recovery. And it was also during her recovery that it was discovered Kekua had leukemia.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&client=safari

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #49
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

This story is just frigging hilarious.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #50
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty nuts this whole thing.

You have to think that it is going to severely damage the already questionable draft stock after the Championship Game.

I'm sure that there will be more to this story coming out in the next week or so, as the sports journalists descend on him, his family and friends - so there is time yet for a redeeming factor to come out in his favour, but at the moment I'm struggling to see a scenario where he goes in the first round.
Old 01-17-2013   #51
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's obviously alot more to this story than has been reported already and I would imagine that when all is said and done Te'o draft stock will take a big hit. Some folks on the radio are even speculating that Te'o may be gay and this girlfriend story is a way to cover that up.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #52
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Some folks on the radio are even speculating that Te'o may be gay and this girlfriend story is a way to cover that up.
That was the first thing to come to mind for me actually - didn't want to just start throwing out random theories, but that is certainly something I could see being true.
Old 01-17-2013   #53
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The South Bend Tribune scrubbed the story they published of Teo physically meeting his made up girlfriend....but google cache doesn't scrub so well.

And this whole thing is the rub for me. ND and all of his fans are saying "poor T'eo was duped" and that he was hoaxed. He made up a story about a detailed meeting of his girlfriend....twice. He let papers and media run with the story about how they met and their relationship for the entire season. He also had a "girlfriend" that was in a car accident and had leukemia but not once did he visit her? The whole thing doesn't add up and ND ignoring these things makes them just as pathetic.
Old 01-17-2013   #54
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

So his parents were lying too?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #55
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't everyone who goes to catholic school pay homage to imaginary dead people?
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #56
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
There's obviously alot more to this story than has been reported already and I would imagine that when all is said and done Te'o draft stock will take a big hit. Some folks on the radio are even speculating that Te'o may be gay and this girlfriend story is a way to cover that up.
This was the first thing that came to my mind, he being gay and this was a cover. The second was he was that he has mental issues.

I would not be surprised in the next few months, that there is a story that in or around 2009, when he supposedly meet this girl, he was confronted about being gay, Te'o denied it and made the story up as a cover, knowing he would not be accepted by his teammates, and left it at that. I even think, to protect Te'o as a football player, his friends and family went along with it...

He wasn't a well know college player at the time so he let the cover keep going, then he blew up, became a media darling and a Heisman candidate, the media got wind of the story, ran with it as a "feel good story", like only the media can, and Te'o could not control what was happening so he went along with it and now the lie has come full circle...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #57
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

ugh. the plot thickens....

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-have-met-her/
Old 01-17-2013   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Former NFL player says Lennay Kekua 'real,' met her in person

Quote:
"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was—I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia told ESPN that he was introduced to Kekua by Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a close friend of Te'o's. Mauia believes that Tuiasosopo was Kekua's cousin.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #59
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet this is all some elaborate hoax between Te'o and Lance Armstrong.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #60
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Here's my $.02. Facts to date:

-Te'o never said he actually met her
-Te'o's dad either directly or indirectly said they met at a Stanford game
-the media then reported more and more embellished stories about real life interaction

So having been 'Catfished' myself in college (sigh, sad to admit, several times), I'm starting to wonder if he told the truth. There is (or was) a deep pool of crazy ass women online who lie about who they are because, one can only assume, they enjoy the attention(?).

They make up crazy stories as to why they can't meet, video chat, etc. Lie about things like illness, disease, accidents, dying family members, etc.

Now, if this was months, I get it. Maybe he is just insecure and got duped by a crazy girl lying about who she is.

If this was truly for 3 years, well..... Not sure what I believe then.

The AZ player coming out, well, I thin he is full of it and flat out lying to try to cover for a friend.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read