Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2013   #41
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots

There is a difference between confidence and ignorance. This is JJ being ignorant beyond reason. The Pats didn't just beat us twice, they whopped us. Brady tore our defense us.

I just hate attitudes like this. Admit you lost to the better team, and work to get better. Having this ignorant attitude that "we are still the better team" is BS. How is that motivation to do better next year. Pisses me right off...
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Is this da truth exploding all over Texans Talk?...
Compare his I.P. address.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #43
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
There is a difference between confidence and ignorance. This is JJ being ignorant beyond reason. The Pats didn't just beat us twice, they whopped us. Brady tore our defense us.

I just hate attitudes like this. Admit you lost to the better team, and work to get better. Having this ignorant attitude that "we are still the better team" is BS. How is that motivation to do better next year. Pisses me right off...
Joseph was not commenting on the Patriots at all but on the state of this team. He was not asked about the Patriots but what changes needed to be made to our team. He simply said we needed to make a few more plays in key situations and we might have advanced. Which may be true and may not.

Here is the whole quote in proper context. Find the word Patriots or any reference to that team...

Quote:
CB Johnathan Joseph
(on what needs to change next year for the team to improve) “To be honest, I don’t really know because obviously we had the right guys in here to win 13 ball games to get us up to that point. Whatever reason we didn’t advance, I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team, we just didn’t make the plays that needed to be made at the right time.”

(on if the team lost its edge in the last month of the regular season) “I don’t think so. Like I just said, it comes down to making plays. Any time you’re in a big game, each ball game comes down to four or five ball plays at the end of the game. At the end, if the other team makes more than you, that’s what the end result usually is, a loss.”

(on the biggest thing he will take away from this season) “Just get better. Obviously, we took a step from last year, I think, with our young guys stepping up. I just think we have to build on that and just continue to go forward.”

(on if he sees the core talent on the roster continue to get better) “Absolutely. It’s just important for the younger guys to understand that if they’re on the team, how important you are. Each man that’s holding a position on the team has had some value. I think for the most part all the young guys understood that and took care of their business. But it’s all about getting everybody on board and on ship. I think just another off-season will us with the young guys that weren’t caught up to speed.”

(on what he’ll be doing between now and the Pro Bowl) “Watching TV, playing video games, playing with my son. Nothing else.”
nfl.com is just trying to generate web-hits...
Joseph ought to sue for misrepresentation.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Joseph was not commenting on the Patriots at all but on the state of this team...
Oh, the drama. Somebody's trying to make a...

...mountain out of a molehill
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #46
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Joseph was not commenting on the Patriots at all but on the state of this team. He was not asked about the Patriots but what changes needed to be made to our team. He simply said we needed to make a few more plays in key situations and we might have advanced. Which may be true and may not.

Here is the whole quote in proper context. Find the word Patriots or any reference to that team...

nfl.com is just trying to generate web-hits...
Joseph ought to sue for misrepresentation.
The whole "making a few plays" can be said in every game ever played in this league. We have the inherent benefit of being observers of the game we just saw. There are plays that couldn't be made simply because we are unable to make them. We saw that in two games against this team. And I for one as a Texan fan don't appreciate bloviating about a loss in a shoulda, woulda, coulda fashion. Man up, own up and and work to get better.
Old 01-16-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
The whole "making a few plays" can be said in every game ever played in this league. We have the inherent benefit of being observers of the game we just saw. There are plays that couldn't be made simply because we are unable to make them. We saw that in two games against this team. And I for one as a Texan fan don't appreciate bloviating about a loss in a shoulda, woulda, coulda fashion. Man up, own up and and work to get better.
This is pathetic.
Old 01-16-2013   #48
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This is pathetic.
What, the truth? We freaking lost. No "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it.

Pathetic is turning a blind eye and not holding the team accountable.

Pathetic is making excuses for losses. Watt sure didn't make pathetic excuses. He said he's going to work his butt off and get better. They should all have that mindset.
Old 01-16-2013   #49
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to just close the mouth, work harder/smarter. All of them -players, coaches, GM/Owner.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read