Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-16-2013   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Gullible, naive, most likely a virgin. I feel bad for the guy.
From the details given so far I can't say I feel bad for him. He's been lying one way or another. Either he played a part in developing this fictitious character or he lied and overplayed his relationship with her. I doubt one of his friends would go throw such great lengths to create an entire family in addition to creating her to fool him. It's one of the strangest stories I've seen in a while, and I believe we've only heard the tip of the iceberg so far.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #22
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Best Tweet from a fellow college football player

Quote:
Jadeveon Clowny ‏@JadeveonClowny

You wanna know what's weirder than Manti Teo making up a girlfriend then pretend killing her? Nothing.
Old 01-16-2013   #23
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

How does this affect his draft stock?

Maybe not much. Weirdos have done ok in pro sports.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #25
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I think it depends on how much he had to do with carrying on this lie. If he had a part in this then it says something about his mental stability to me. I think the National Championship performance along with this will drop him some, but I doubt it costs him more than a round or two.
Old 01-16-2013   #26
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

So Teo and Notre Dame are BOTH frauds?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #27
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think it depends on how much he had to do with carrying on this lie. If he had a part in this then it says something about his mental stability to me. I thin the National Championship performance along with this will drop him some, but I doubt it costs him more than a round or two.
Here is something we do know....he lied. Why we don't know. He told people he met her at Stanford and in Hawaii. That is on the record. If this was online, why lie? What talk of long nights talking from the hospital? Seems to me he got busted after being way in over his head.
Old 01-16-2013   #28
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Here is something we do know....he lied. Why we don't know. He told people he met her at Stanford and in Hawaii. That is on the record. If this was online, why lie? What talk of long nights talking from the hospital? Seems to me he got busted after being way in over his head.
Yeah, its the oddest of odd stories. I've heard guys lie about hooking up with girls before, but this is taking it to another level.
Old 01-16-2013   #29
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He was a Heisman finalist and the best player on the first good Notre Dame football team in years. He could have had dozens of gorgeous women on campus. I have a hard time believing he fell for a hoax. Sounds more like a publicity stunt to me.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #30
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

He did it so that he could drop in he draft to the Texans
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #31
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy is a devout Mormon so it's highly likely he is a virgin waiting for marriage.

But he's either very gullible and as little self-esteem (they said he had numerous meetings planned where she never showed) or he was in on it. Which is more likely for a star linebacker at Norte dame?
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #32
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you actually believe his story, it would kinda make sense as to why he sucked during the National Championship game...
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #33
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
If you actually believe his story, it would kinda make sense as to why he sucked during the National Championship game...
And then I would really question his mental toughness. Either way this won't have a good effect on him.
Old 01-16-2013   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

It would probably make you think twice about handing him a first round contract. Its much easier to take a chance on a flake if his contract has 10 million less guaranteed dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
He did it so that he could drop in he draft to the Texans
I think he was already at the bottom of the first round/top of he second round type (like DeMeco Ryans was)

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #35
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Teoing has surpassed the long-reigning Tebowing and the short-lived Kaepernicking as the new football meme of forever.

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 390762 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

There's more truth out there we haven't gotten, yet.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #37
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Have no idea why this is even a story. Especially that it is the biggest news story all over the sports world.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #38
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Have no idea why this is even a story. Especially that it is the biggest news story all over the sports world.
Because it was made such a big story around a Heisman candidate when it happened. If it wasn't made such a big deal then and leading up to the National Championship game then it wouldn't be a story today at all.
Old 01-16-2013   #39
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

From TXags:

Gold. Pure gold.

Tigerdroppings:
Old 01-16-2013   #40
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Cuz it lets people whip up gifs like these:

Last edited by Dan B.; 01-16-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: what dutch said
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read