Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2013   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Anyone consider what he said was taken out of context?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...than-patriots/
Sounds like weak spin to me. I still read it the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 View Post
Completely agree. Our team team had some deficiencies, but is a Top 5 in the league. Tom Brady beated us. Not the Patriots.
Umm, what about Wes Welker and Shane Vareen and the Defense that basically dominated the Texans the first game and held them when it counted for a lot of the 2nd game.
Old 01-16-2013   #22
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Semantics, I guess.

I figured there was a difference between "a better team," and "the better team."

In most (if not all) cases, I've heard the player that's referring to his own team as the better of the two in a game use the latter.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe what he meant was that if they had been prepared to play, and if they came out with the intensity that this was a really, really important game, then they could cover a 9.5 point spread against the Patriots.

I'm not sure if I would agree though.
Old 01-16-2013   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

From the looks of our last 2 meetings against them....they could roll out the same game plan and own us for the next 5 years. Lord knows Kubiak and Wade aren't going to change their ways any time soon.
Old 01-16-2013   #25
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he meant "better team" in the way they wear matching jackets and stuff.
Old 01-16-2013   #26
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This stuff bothers me. I don't take it as bravado, or a confidence build, etc. I wish guys would just take the reality..like Reed...and work to overcome the gap. Give credit, move on and work. Am I wrong here or do people like the attitude?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-patriots

typical tow the line company response.

nobody believes this dishonest crap.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #27
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

this matchup is starting to feel like the colts kicking our butts year after year all we can do is bend over and ask for another...

Patriots are the final roadblock for this team to make the superbowl, and they better figure out a way to get better, because they are not better than the Patriots right now...Jjo is delusional he and the entire team coaches included needs to improve if we want to get to the next level. That kind of attitude saying they are a better team already ticks me off.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #28
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I do agree with the 4-5 plays part. There were about 5 extremely close plays, that if they went our way, we'd have a very very good chance at winning.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
typical tow the line company response.

nobody believes this dishonest crap.
Is this da truth exploding all over Texans Talk?...
Old 01-16-2013   #30
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Maybe what he meant was that if they had been prepared to play, and if they came out with the intensity that this was a really, really important game, then they could cover a 9.5 point spread against the Patriots.

I'm not sure if I would agree though.
Maybe he meant that the Texan's roster man by man is stronger. I actually would probably agree with that.

So what he is saying is trade Kubiak for Belicheck and Schaub for Brady and the Texans would have won. I can see his point.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #31
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Anyone consider what he said was taken out of context?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...than-patriots/
Quote:

On the page linked by silentassassin above, there is another link to the actual transcript from two days before:

Quote:
CB Johnathan Joseph

(on what needs to change next year for the team to improve) ďTo be honest, I donít really know because obviously we had the right guys in here to win 13 ball games to get us up to that point. Whatever reason we didnít advance, I still canít put that over because I think we were a better team, we just didnít make the plays that needed to be made at the right time.Ē

I take it to mean he is saying they were a better team than the year before. I think he was taken completely out of context.
The entire transcript is made up of quotes referring to the state of the team in the 2012 season, with no specific questions about the Patriots, or either game against them.

He wasn't talking about the Patriots at all.

http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com...1-2c6d59f8fa48
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Show me how you're better J-Jo. Please, show me. By my calculations the combined score was 83-42. In two games you scored as much as they did in 1 game. Stupid **** like this pisses me off. You got corn holed by a team twice, so just giive em their props or drop a "no comment" and STFU
Arizona beat New England 20-18, no one believes Arizona is even close to the same team New England is.

I don't have a problem with Joseph saying what he said, or the way he said it. I'd hate to think the majority of our guys didn't believe they were on the better team. You're right, they have to prove it, they failed, & everybody else knows they're not in the same league.

I hope they come together next season to prove that they are the best team in the NFL.
Old 01-16-2013   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
On the page linked by silentassassin above, there is another link to the actual transcript from two days before:

I take it to mean he is saying they were a better team than the year before. I think he was taken completely out of context.
The entire transcript is made up of quotes referring to the state of the team in the 2012 season, with no specific questions about the Patriots, or either game against them.

He wasn't talking about the Patriots at all.

http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com...1-2c6d59f8fa48
That makes a lot more sense. Context is everything.
Old 01-16-2013   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah on paper we have a better team but IMO its coaching on both sides we need to have the handcuffs off on both sides and More free flowing thats the difference between both teams IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #35
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This stuff bothers me. I don't take it as bravado, or a confidence build, etc. I wish guys would just take the reality..like Reed...and work to overcome the gap. Give credit, move on and work. Am I wrong here or do people like the attitude?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-patriots
hi, im a huge new england patriots fan but i wanted to join this forum just to say you texans fans have nothing to be ashamed of. you guys have a damn good football team on the verge of greatness. as a pats fan arian foster, jj watt, and andre johnson scare me. you guys had a tremendous year and are one of the best teams in football. your franchise has come a long way and is now a team to be reckoned with. congrats on a tremendous year winning the afc south and just look at your pro bowlers you have on your team. the texans have turned the corner and trust me as a patriots fan i respect you guys immensely and when tom brady and bill belichek hang it up and retire i truly believe the texans will be the next best dynasty in the nfl for years to come. congrats again houston texan fans on a tremendous year and best of luck in the future. now i pray tmy patriots can give the ravens a beating the same way the houston texans did when you guys dominated them. good luck texans fans and thanks for a trenedous hard fought football game.
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #36
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You got beat twice handily by the Patriots, and you come out and say this?
hey jc, even though im a huge pats fan the texans have established an identity and trust me brother, they ware not too far from getting to a super bowl. your team has tremendous players and tremendous talent. arian, jj, and andre are beasts. congrats on a great year and next year you will dominate the afc south and almost all competition. keep your head up, and jj watt should be the mvp, he is that good. what a football player. congrats again on a great year
Old 01-16-2013   #37
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Can you imagine the **** Tom Brady would get if he said that had we won? We'd be coming down on him calling him a sore loser.
I get your point.

However, I think it depends on the context, because I hate that stuff too. I hate it after a game when a person is being a sore loser and not giving the opponent credit. However, if Joseph is being interviewed about the season and his reflection on the team going forward, I don't think he is being a sore loser in this situation.

Essentially, he is saying he believes in this team and is disappointed but hopeful going forward. I don't mind that. Besides, it is the coaches and front office who need to assess the team's talent and make up.
Old 01-16-2013   #38
boom boom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I get your point.

However, I think it depends on the context, because I hate that stuff too. I hate it after a game when a person is being a sore loser and not giving the opponent credit. However, if Joseph is being interviewed about the season and his reflection on the team going forward, I don't think he is being a sore loser in this situation.

Essentially, he is saying he believes in this team and is disappointed but hopeful going forward. I don't mind that. Besides, it is the coaches and front office who need to assess the team's talent and make up.
dale murphy got screwed. he has the same numbers as jim rice. hey dale congrats on a great year, the texans will be around for a while and will win the afc south for many years to come. good luck
Old 01-16-2013   #39
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are a great team. I just hope we can return the favor next year in Houston. Should be another hyped game.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #40
boom boom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
You guys are a great team. I just hope we can return the favor next year in Houston. Should be another hyped game.
dont worry pal, you guys will be there agin next year. houston texans are for real. like i said, you guys are a damn good football team, and jj watt is a beast. bill belichek called him the best defensive player in the nfl, and pats owner robert kraft waited by the texans bus just to shake arian fosters hand. you guys had a tremendous year. 28 other teams would kill to be in the texans position. good luck

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read