Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2013   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Don't you understand that someone is always going to drop the perfect pass you throw to them? That's going to happen in every game they play once or twice (even more than that sometimes). It's some of that "adversity" they keep talking about..
How many sure fire TD passes were dropped by New England receivers?

Those guys stepped up.
Old 01-16-2013   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Those guys stepped up.
How many sure fire TD passes did Brady overthrow?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How many sure fire TD passes did Brady overthrow?
You're smart enough to know Tom Brady didn't beat us. Not on his own.

You're smart enough to know Matt Schaub didn't lose this game, not on his own.

Matt did not allow 41 points. Matt didn't fail to force a turnover.

Did Matt play well enough to win? I think so. Our running game was not where it needed to be. Our defense was not where it needed to be. Before the game, no one, not even you, thought Matt could win this game on his own... most everyone knew that wasn't going to happen regardless.

I'm not a big Schaub fan, I'd like to replace him myself. But let's be real, our problems go way beyond Matt Schaub.

Will replacing him fix a lot of our problems? Maybe. I'd give it a shot. But Eli didn't get his team into the play offs, Rogers exited the play offs in the same spot we did. We know those QBs are capable of getting their teams further in the play offs..... sh1t happens, & that's all there is to it.

Matt Ryans team won a play off game for the first time ever. I don't think he's much better than he was in his previous attempts. If any, only slightly. The biggest difference is the team around him is better.
Old 01-16-2013   #84
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Those guys stepped up.

Has nothing to do with Matt Schaub's performance or the Texans receivers performance. During the course of the season WR's on every team drop passes. Did the Texans receivers do that in this game? Absolutely. They're not blameless and I've never said that we didn't need better from our WR's. Just like we need better performances from our OL there are plenty of things to fix on this team. I'm talking in this thread about Matt Schaub and his tendency to **** the bed when something goes wrong.

We need our WR's to step up.
We need our OL to step up.
We also need our QB to step up. No, I don't think he played good enough to win. He wasn't alone but this thread is about teammates coming to Matt Schaub's defense. We got all offseason to discuss what needs to be done about every unit on the team so we'll get to those other guys sooner or later.
Old 01-16-2013   #85
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Matt Ryans team won a play off game for the first time ever. I don't think he's much better than he was in his previous attempts. If any, only slightly. The biggest difference is the team around him is better.
Dilfer had never won a superbowl until the team around him was better as well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Dilfer had never won a superbowl until the team around him was better as well.
Matt Schaub has already done a whole lot of things Trent Dilfer never did.
Old 01-19-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Two things that trouble me about the Matt Schaub discussions to date. For one, in all the defense for Schaub, no one even hints that Matt was dealing with anything that may have affected his game.

If he was dealing with "excruciating pain" so much that we altered our game plan, I would think there would be some mention, hint, or allusion to it. But there wasn't.

Second..... has anyone heard from Dre since then? What's on his mind?
Old 01-19-2013   #88
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Two things that trouble me about the Matt Schaub discussions to date. For one, in all the defense for Schaub, no one even hints that Matt was dealing with anything that may have affected his game.

If he was dealing with "excruciating pain" so much that we altered our game plan, I would think there would be some mention, hint, or allusion to it. But there wasn't.

Second..... has anyone heard from Dre since then? What's on his mind?
Maybe no one is hinting at injury because maybe one does not exist. Seems like a pretty simple concept imo. The HC hasn't said anything. No member of the coaching staff have said anything. No teammates have said anything. Heck, even the player himself hasn't said anything. That only leads most to one conclusion...there is no excruciating pain or injury to be spoken of. Schaub simply played bad. Is this just a slump or a permanent regression in his game is what remains to be seen imo. I hope its just a temporary slump because I want this team to have hope for AFC Championships & Super Bowls, but Schaub didn't end on a good note & it will remain to be seen next season if he can bounce back. Of course a bounce back was what we wanted the last few games of the season but never got.

I don't expect Andre to say anything. He never has & if he does it won't be negative because Andre is a class act who backs his teammates even if its just by simply remaining silent.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #89
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Matt did not allow 41 points.
giving the ball back to the patriots time after time doesnt help your defense.. when it was a close game, schaub was completely ineffective, the first 13 points schaub didnt have a fingerprint on.. the defense gave schaub the ball with a chance to take a lead, build a lead and he did nothing but give the ball back.. then when the game was out of hand he put up some yards and people say "he had a good game, 300 yards 2 TDs" nonsense..
Old 01-19-2013   #90
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub makes a crap-load of money, and has for several years now. He would land on his good foot somewhere even if we traded him or cut him. He's been given as many years, or more, as other Texans who didn't help us reach a new level.

He's been given a square deal by the Texans, so I can't stand it when people (the fans) try to paint others as being harsh on Matt Schaub. Or having too little patience for Matt. Like we just don't "believe" enough. He's a grown man, his talent is where it is, and it won't go higher than what we've seen no matter what is placed around him. At some point, a defense figures out even the best-stacked offenses in this league.

Having a full arsenal around Matt does not guarantee you a thing.

Frankly, I'm to the point that even his good games don't matter much to me because I know the true end destination of any ship that Matt captains.
Old 01-19-2013   #91
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Maybe no one is hinting at injury because maybe one does not exist. Seems like a pretty simple concept imo. The HC hasn't said anything. No member of the coaching staff have said anything. No teammates have said anything. Heck, even the player himself hasn't said anything. That only leads most to one conclusion...there is no excruciating pain or injury to be spoken of. Schaub simply played bad. Is this just a slump or a permanent regression in his game is what remains to be seen imo. I hope its just a temporary slump because I want this team to have hope for AFC Championships & Super Bowls, but Schaub didn't end on a good note & it will remain to be seen next season if he can bounce back. Of course a bounce back was what we wanted the last few games of the season but never got.

I don't expect Andre to say anything. He never has & if he does it won't be negative because Andre is a class act who backs his teammates even if its just by simply remaining silent.
I don't think Matt would even tell Gary that his foot was bothering him.

Seriously.

He comes off as the type of player who will gut it out, which is testimony to his perseverance and toughness. He's tough, I don't doubt that at all. But I think he'd be hesitant to let anybody know that he's struggling out there due to his foot. Only he knows, though.

So yeah, until something is said...might as well focus on the thing we DO know: He hasn't played very good when facing elite teams and in crucial games against those elite teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read