Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2013   #381
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I want a QB that has confidence in himself.
hohoho. They'll be saying he doesn't really have confidence in himself and only said that for the cameras in 3...2...1...
Old 01-14-2013   #382
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shaub said he is elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I was answering someones question. I didn't start the thread making a big deal out of what he said. Feel free to go through all of my posts and bash everything I say at will .... you don't fool anyone.
Fool anyone about what? I have essentially stayed out of the Schaub debate.

If the poster who had brought this "elite" claim up I would have quoted him instead and had the same reply.
Old 01-14-2013   #383
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think next year is Schuab's last year as a Texan. They aren't going to release him since he's all we got right now and he still has a lot of money left on his contract, but after next season the cap hit won't be as bad.
Asbad as if they released Schaub this offseason? No, that would be cap suicide. But, Schaub's contract will still cause over $10 mil in dead money if he is released in the 2014 offseason. Unless Schaub become bionic, this contract will cripple the Texans.
Old 01-14-2013   #384
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

On the Matt Schaub show he was asked what made him elite & he spewed out a bunch of stuff. There's a thread talking about that already. Title says something about Matt answers questions, or Matt Schaub show.
Old 01-14-2013   #385
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
On the Matt Schaub show he was asked what made him elite & he spewed out a bunch of stuff. There's a thread talking about that already. Title says something about Matt answers questions, or Matt Schaub show.
Wait...he has a show?!? Thank God I'm not a listener or near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #386
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

It was on 610am in the morning, probably around 8am

I thought it was funny cuz the reason he gave are some of the reason people dont like him and think he's conservative
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #387
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I responded when someone said he had never done that and to prove him wrong.

Matt said after the game he belonged in the same category as Tom Brady.

That to me is saying he is elite comparing himself to arguably the best who has ever played the game.
Such bullsh!t! I could care less what you might infer or interpret, in your opinion, as to what he said.

The thread title is a lie. Show me where he was quoted, saying that he was "elite".

Again, prove me wrong.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #388
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, in your little world, if some says "I am exactly like Jesus" ... you have to wait for them to say "I am the son of God" before accepting what they mean?

Ok ...
You took his words and twisted them into making it seem like he anointed himself as some elite QB in the NFL which he did not. He was asked a question of whether or not if he belonged amongst some of the best QB's in this league or not. He said yes, that he felt that he did belong with them. What the hell else was he supposed to say? No, they're way better then me, and I'm not worthy of any comparisons and slouch in his chair with his head down after that? He said what any rational person would expect him to say when asked that question.

He never once claimed that he was elite as you have tried to put it though. You twisted it to take a dig at Schaub like you do every day.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #389
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is kind of like Tony Romo. He's not a BAD QB but he's not a starter. He's that guy who should be relegated to being a "commander Cody". Keep him in reserves for when your main guy is down. He can do a stellar job in a few games, but he's not the top guy because he can't carry the team on his back OR fire them up to win in "no win" situations.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #390
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Wait...he has a show?!? Thank God I'm not a listener or near.
I tried to catch the signal on my radio, but.......
Old 01-15-2013   #391
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
boooooo.

Yea lets not compare matt schaub to great qbs. lets compare him to joe flacoo and tony romo.

smdh....

Houstonians need to get off this path to perpetual mediocrity.

Why can we expect schaub to be as great as the other qbs?

even more important,

Why cant we start planning to draft and look for the qb of the future while schaub plays out his contract?

Why would that be so bad?
A 13 win season isn't mediocre. 8-8 is mediocre 9-7 is mediocre. We need receivers not a quarterback. After Dre none of our receivers are better than their corner backs. Schaub threw for 4000+ this yr.
Old 01-15-2013   #392
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, in your little world, if some says "I am exactly like Jesus" ... you have to wait for them to say "I am the son of God" before accepting what they mean?

Ok ...
The thread title "Schaub stated he was elite" was a lie and you know it.

Well, on second thought, maybe you really don't. Being that you're such a lying coward yourself, (go get drunk and go slide down the escalator) I guess you really don't know the difference.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #393
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah one thing I will give him, he is good at padding his stats.

He has single handedly convinced me that stats really don't mean much ...
When did he pad his stats?

If you want to talk about padding stats, Brady is the king of that!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #394
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When did he pad his stats?

If you want to talk about padding stats, Brady is the king of that!
How does Brady pad stats when they are throwing from the word go?

Look at his situational stats by quarter. Pretty consistent

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2...tuationalstats

I haven't paid as much attention but Schaub got a huge amount of stats padding 2 years back when they were behind all the time until the 4th and had to throw non-stop. This year he seems fine.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub...tuationalstats

EDIT: Here is Schaub 2010...big 4th quarter padding as stated

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub...ts?season=2010
Old 01-15-2013   #395
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

I haven't paid as much attention but Schaub got a huge amount of stats padding 2 years back when they were behind all the time until the 4th and had to throw non-stop. The last 2 years I have no clue because the above metrics isn't pulling up on NFL.com for those years. This year he seems fine

I consider stat padding when you're throwing the ball and you don't have to. So i don't really consider Schaub padding his stats around that time; He threw the ball as much as he did b/c he had to try to win the game. yes the defense does let up a little, but it lets up in both situations when you're ahead by 30 pts (running clock) and when you're down 30 pts (giving up). So in that regard, both qb's benefited somewhat.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #396
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

*sigh* Texans fans.....welcome to the offseason.
Old 01-15-2013   #397
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

I haven't paid as much attention but Schaub got a huge amount of stats padding 2 years back when they were behind all the time until the 4th and had to throw non-stop. This year he seems fine.

EDIT: Here is Schaub 2010...big 4th quarter padding as stated

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub...ts?season=2010
Everyone knows Brady's stats are padded. It's not on him, but it's his coach. Even though they could be up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, Brady will still be passing like they're behind (when most teams in this situation would run the ball to kill the clock). That's why I say his stats are padded. Look at this past game. At the 11:35 mark in the 4th quarter, the Pats are up 18 (3 possessions). Any normal coach would start killing the clock, but instead, Brady does 4 passes in a row. I get it, they are going for the kill and being ultra-aggressive. But this is what I mean by padding stats, throwing the ball when most teams are running it.

Schaub (and Kubiak) on the other hand is the total opposite. They throw only when they have to. In fact, most fans will tell you they don't throw it enough. That, I don't call padding stats.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #398
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Everyone knows Brady's stats are padded. It's not on him, but it's his coach. Even though they could be up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, Brady will still be passing like they're behind (when most teams in this situation would run the ball to kill the clock). That's why I say his stats are padded. Look at this past game. At the 11:35 mark in the 4th quarter, the Pats are up 18 (3 possessions). Any normal coach would start killing the clock, but instead, Brady does 4 passes in a row. I get it, they are going for the kill and being ultra-aggressive. But this is what I mean by padding stats, throwing the ball when most teams are running it.

Schaub (and Kubiak) on the other hand is the total opposite. They throw only when they have to. In fact, most fans will tell you they don't throw it enough. That, I don't call padding stats.
I don't think that is stat padding in Brady's case. That is just their offense. They throw to short check downs as a form of running..conservative throws. If you look at that link his numbers are pretty even by quarter. Also, with the comebacks these days, I wouldn't call 18 insurmountable. They just don't have a running game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I consider stat padding when you're throwing the ball and you don't have to. So i don't really consider Schaub padding his stats around that time; He threw the ball as much as he did b/c he had to try to win the game. yes the defense does let up a little, but it lets up in both situations when you're ahead by 30 pts (running clock) and when you're down 30 pts (giving up). So in that regard, both qb's benefited somewhat.
I get what your saying but I think many people's definition includes games where there is an unlikely chance to win but your QB is throwing into prevent defenses. Just throwing hat out there.
Old 01-15-2013   #399
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

You can put some blame on other facets of the team for their late season failures, but the biggest blame goes on Schaub as QB not being able to move the ball WHEN IT MATTERS.
Pretty sure at one point in the Pats game I saw we were 2/12 on 3rd downs. That's atrocious. People spitting his stats at me that he got during trash time are idiots. When Matt Schaub converts a 3rd and 5+ to help move the chains, it's AMAZING. When everyone else does it, it's expected.
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #400
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His stats aren't really padded at all especially this season. The Patriots scored 557 points for the entire season. Brady's stats could have been a lot more as far as TD passes, but they ran it all of the time inside the 10 and inside the 5 where they ended up with the most rushing TD's for any team with 25 rushing TD's. Brady could have thrown for over 40 TD's easily had he pushed to throw it more in the red zone. You're right that BB keeps his starters in longer then most teams do though. Brady's passing yards stats are high just like they are in every season though. A big reason why they keep their offensive starters in a lot longer is because their defense was giving up a ton of points in the first 8 games of the season. Their offense was literally having to put up over 30 just to get past a lot of teams early on, so I don't think their coaching staff ever really trusted their defense that much. I still don't.

Quote:
This is true. Not to mention, the same thing happened to Schaub with the passing TD's with Arian Foster having like 17 rushing TD's for the entire season. Kubiak wants to run, run, run...........
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read