Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2013   #41
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
At the time it was correct, but that was pre-Wade.

BTW, I'm not hatin' on Kubiak or Schaub, but I'm ready to keep my post-season expectations low with both of them leading this team.

I don't know what came over me,well the beer, but his was the first time that I lost faith by early third quarter. Actually the first drive at half time and New England made their statement drive.

I said to my friend "the Texans are done." I won't hate on Matt but my feeling was "we won't win a Super Bowl with him at QB as long as he has to go up against an elite QB he doesn't have another gear
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #42
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the time it was correct, but that was pre-Wade.

BTW, I'm not hatin' on Kubiak or Schaub, but I'm ready to keep my post-season expectations low with both of them leading this team.
well maybe in 3 yrs, you can come back and say this was correct...pre robert woods etc.. so you and every other fan can keep their 100% record of always being right alive
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #43
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, let's go back to 1998 when Houston didn't even have an NFL team.
Man, I miss it, badly. I really liked not having a football team. The pleasure of just sitting in my chair and relaxing to just a plain ole good football game, the way it was really meant to be watched, was just awesome.

If McNair was up to moving the team to Los Angeles or wherever, I'd say the same thing I told Bud Adams. . .

. . . Don't let the door hit ya in the f'king ass.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #44
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Prolly Tj Yates
Old 01-14-2013   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking I'm going to take my 2 Schaub jerseys (one is a Carr retread) and change the name plates on them. I think I'm going to go with "NOPE"
Old 01-14-2013   #46
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Man, I miss it, badly. I really liked not having a football team. The pleasure of just sitting in my chair and relaxing to just a plain ole good football game, the way it was really meant to be watched, was just awesome.

If McNair was up to moving the team to Los Angeles or wherever, I'd say the same thing I told Bud Adams. . .

. . . Don't let the door hit ya in the f'king ass.
Well just stop following the Texans and there, you no longer have a team.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #47
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard his interview on 610 today and he seemed completely in denial or he's just a smug bastard. That overthrow to AJ in the end zone was apparently a "small window" according to Matt Sloth! This guy refuses to acknowledge any blame on his part and I've seen this pattern in his interviews where he refers to his mistakes as "we could've done this" or "we called the right play...blah blah blah". I've come to accept that we're stuck with Dumb and Dumber for the next 2 years at least and that's sad. This team has hit its ceiling in its current state. The defense may improve a bit and that'll be our only hope going into next year.
Old 01-14-2013   #48
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Well just stop following the Texans and there, you no longer have a team.
Nope. Wish it were that simple, but if you're really a fan, you can't turn it off like a switch. It's like being condemned, stuck like chuck, and all that BS.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #49
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I heard his interview on 610 today and he seemed completely in denial or he's just a smug bastard. That overthrow to AJ in the end zone was apparently a "small window" according to Matt Sloth! This guy refuses to acknowledge any blame on his part and I've seen this pattern in his interviews where he refers to his mistakes as "we could've done this" or "we called the right play...blah blah blah". I've come to accept that we're stuck with Dumb and Dumber for the next 2 years at least and that's sad. This team has hit its ceiling in its current state. The defense may improve a bit and that'll be our only hope going into next year.
That play in the 3rd quarter where he escaped a sack on a bootleg,
then had no one in his face for 15 yards, he decides to simply throw
the ball in the dirt.

He still had an opportunity to set and throw to open receivers, but
he quits under a little pressure. Say what you want about TJ not
being as good as Schaub. At least TJ competed EVERY SINGLE DOWN,
and didn't concede any of them. That's the part of Schaub's game that
pisses fans of competitive football off.
Old 01-14-2013   #50
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'd contend that the defense regressed just as much, if not more than the running game did from last year.
If not, more? YES!! The loss of Cushing was huge, but it doesn't bode well whenever you lose him, Bradie James is the leader of your defense with JJo being hampered by a groin injury?

Quote:
Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense
As they should!!!

CnD already suggested Schaub's possible regression!
Old 01-14-2013   #51
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That post was a crack at Barwin being a hipster. Hipsters don't want to be mainstream, i.e. like popular things or go with the crowd.

I get it now , 15 sacks would have been mainstream .
Old 01-14-2013   #52
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course they are going to tote the company line and say they have his back.

Nobody really expects any Texan to throw him under the bus now.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #53
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know what came over me,well the beer, but his was the first time that I lost faith by early third quarter. Actually the first drive at half time and New England made their statement drive.

I said to my friend "the Texans are done." I won't hate on Matt but my feeling was "we won't win a Super Bowl with him at QB as long as he has to go up against an elite QB he doesn't have another gear
Or why don't we say our defense can't beat an elite QB? You know... the guys that are actually supposed to be stoping the so-called elite QB?

The Ravens & 49ers didn't exactly "shut down" the opposing elite QB, but they did enough to contain them so the offense can keep up.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #54
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes the defense regressed sometimes you get into a shoot out. And schaub or I should say this offense doesn't have another gear to jump too
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

He still had an opportunity to set and throw to open receivers, but
he quits under a little pressure. Say what you want about TJ not
being as good as Schaub. At least TJ competed EVERY SINGLE DOWN,
and didn't concede any of them. That's the part of Schaub's game that
pisses fans of competitive football off.
This is true & has been true for at least the past two years. There have been games where Matt was able to channel his inner RG3, late in last year's Raider's game for one. We ended up not winning that game, because his last effort to win the game was an INT in the endzone, but that was a heck of a drive.

He used to make these plays all the time & was a big reason we won 9 games in 2009. He won a game or two in 2010 as well. But 2009, he did it more often.

That's been removed from his game for some reason & I don't know why. I don't think it's a physical issue. To me, it looks like it has been phased out of his game "until we need it" but Matt just can't "turn it on" when he needs to.

We've won a lot of games since then & he hasn't "needed" to play that way, so it's kinda hard to find fault. But I believe to beat a team like the Patriots, we're going to have to have plays made from the QB position.

Either that, or our run game is going to have to get better. It was pathetic vs New England & our defense is going to have to get better. Play from both the ILB & OLB positions were pathetic vs New England.

We need to force turnovers against the elite teams.
Old 01-15-2013   #56
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Or why don't we say our defense can't beat an elite QB? You know... the guys that are actually supposed to be stoping the so-called elite QB?

The Ravens & 49ers didn't exactly "shut down" the opposing elite QB, but they did enough to contain them so the offense can keep up.
The points put up by the Texans offense last weekend (28) would have not been enough to beat any of the other winning playoff teams. The defense isn't blame-free, but the offense isn't good enough to score on pace with the other playoff teams.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #57
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont remember Matt looking this pudgy in the past. Seeing him warming up without pads before one of the games I noticed a serious pair of man boobs this year. Were those always there? Because he looked fatter and slower than I can remember.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #58
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I get it now , 15 sacks would have been mainstream .
No, no, no! NO! It's more complicated than that! 15 sacks when it's expectred of him is mainstream so he ain't gonna do it. As soon as you lose any expectation that he's going to do that he'll look around at the other DE/OLB's and decide that not sacking the QB enough is too mainstream. Then it's time to turn it on.... BAM! Barwin go BOOM! Conner's an enigma that way. He's always gonna zig when you think he's about to zag.
Old 01-15-2013   #59
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, let's go back to 1998 when Houston didn't even have an NFL team.

Isn't it just NICE to have a team? Quit bitching about everything else. We have a team now!

I think you kinda' missed my point, but that's okay.

Yep. It's everybody's fault, it's nobody's fault. Schaub is wonderful and we'll get 'em next year, Tiger.

Houston is going to be great/good next year. Cushing is going to be back and I think defense is gonna be fine. Qb still is a concern.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #60
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Exactly.

Kubiak just did his press conference and he basically defended everybody. The oline is just young and needs to gel, the defense just didn't execute, special teams played good and finally took to the coaching.

Kubiak is loyal to his guys. He's proven this. Coaches, players...

He's indicating that not much is going to change. But we'll see...
Its coach speak. He isn't Rex Ryan, he's not going to be a blow hard and kill guys on this team. He'll do it in house. Just the coach he is. However, if changes aren't made then he made his bed, and can get the **** out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read