Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2013   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU 2013 Opponents Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's correct.

NFL.com is wrong. The Texans will play at Seattle, with Arizona here.
I just pulled up the sch off HT.com and it has us playing Seattle here and the Cards away.. I think they posted their sch off NFL.com though.

That's why I said there are two diff sch out! IF we play Seattle here, and the Cards there, then they changed up the system. The reason I've been paying attention is because I want to plan a vac trip to Seattle next year around the time I THOUGHT we were going to play there. Guess we might not know until the official sch comes out in April.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Now I remember reading an article where the NFL said some of the future home/away games might be shuffled a tad. I can't remember the reason for it though, but I do remember reading the article.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #23
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

They made a rule change to limit cross-country trips; that's why HOU is at home vs. SEA again in 2013.
Old 01-14-2013   #24
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on which schedule is correct, I see 10+ games I feel good about. That, however, is based on how all of these teams have performed in the 2012 season. Primarily, I'm pinning my hopes on the idea that the Jaguars, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders and Rams will all continue to suck.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Depending on which schedule is correct, I see 10+ games I feel good about. That, however, is based on how all of these teams have performed in the 2012 season. Primarily, I'm pinning my hopes on the idea that the Jaguars, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders and Rams will all continue to suck.
jaguars, titans, chiefs and raiders will continue to suck I think. I don't know about the rams though, a few pieces in the right spot and they could be a good team. But you're right, and I've said it before myself, you just don't know how teams will be from year to year.

Old 01-14-2013   #26
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68517 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
jaguars, titans, chiefs and raiders will continue to suck I think. I don't know about the rams though, a few pieces in the right spot and they could be a good team. But you're right, and I've said it before myself, you just don't know how teams will be from year to year.
I do know that your stadium will be a tad hot for the Pats game.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #27
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6 realistically

11-5 optimistically

Prime time games will get us.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #28
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I do know that your stadium will be a tad hot for the Pats game.
Yeah, it's going to be loud as **** at Reliant when NE comes here.
Old 01-14-2013   #29
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Yeah, it's going to be loud as **** at Reliant when NE comes here.
So now the Pats are the team we will build/coach our team to beat like the manning colts and more recently the ravens whom we could never beat in the regular season and nor the playoffs......until recently (regular season) and more than likely we would have beat them this year at home for the AFC 'ship.

I would love to destroy the Pats during that game - just totally rip them to pieces............total domination........
Old 01-15-2013   #30
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I would love to destroy the Pats during that game - just totally rip them to pieces............total domination........
It sure would be nice to have another 42-14 game...but going our way, this time. Shoot, if we could pull that one off, I'd be happy with a 9-7 record and a wild card slot.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #31
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
10-6 realistically

11-5 optimistically

Prime time games will get us.
Houston was 3-2 in Prime Time games this year. Two of the best teams they played were the losses (Patriots, Packers). I don't think it was Prime Time games that got them in those games as much as it was Rodgers & Brady exploiting man-coverage.

They will probably have four or five Prime Time games next year. Possible match-ups for those games: @San Francisco, Seattle, New England, Denver, @Baltimore, @San Diego, Indianapolis. Prime Time games are the toughest opponents and I can see another 3-2 or 2-3 record in Prime Time. It has nothing to do with playing it in Prime Time, though.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #32
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I would prefer that all of the Texan games were played at noon on Sunday.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #33
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
kansas will be tougher they will have one of the top draft qbs
I don't know why you are so high on the Chiefs every year.

They will be terrible next year, especially since the QB draft class is very weak coming in. I feel like we can sweep the AFC West.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #34
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'll second that. I hate late games, no matter what night they are played on.

Old 01-15-2013   #35
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I agree. I used to hate the noon games, and care about primetimes.... I could care less anymore, no Monday nights and especially do not want any Thursday games.

So we get Broncos, Seahawks, Rams, and Patriots at home. And our two tough roadies are at Ravens and 49ers. I will take that all day.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #36
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see a 12-4 season.

We can win almost all of our home games, save one. The Pats game will be hard to predict, because I can see a loss, but I know our fans will show up. I could also see a loss to the Rams, since Fisher knows us pretty well.

On the road, I see about 3 losses. Indy, San Fran, and possibly the Ravens.

So give or take, we can go anywhere between 11-5 or 13-3.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Rams beat playoff teams Redskins, Ravens, 49ers and the Seahawks this season. They are not going to suck next season. Titans and Jags will continue to struggle. Chiefs have a good core team.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #38
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-home-opener/

As the Super Bowl champions, the Ravens will be the home team for the NFL’s Thursday night opener on September 5, and the good news for the NFL (and NBC) is that the Ravens have a very good slate of home opponents in 2013, from a TV ratings perspective.

The Ravens’ home opponents in 2013 are the Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Patriots, Jets, Texans, Packers and Vikings. Of those, only the Browns can be eliminated: There’s no way the league will put Cleveland in the marquee Week One opener.

(Well, if we want to get crazy, we’ll point out one scenario in which the opener could be Browns-Ravens: If the Ravens put the non-exclusive franchise tag on Joe Flacco, and the Browns sign him away, then Browns at Ravens would suddenly become the marquee game of the entire season. But it’s probably safe to say that won’t happen.)

Aside from the Browns, every other potential Week One matchup in Baltimore would be a good game: The Bengals, Patriots, Texans, Packers and Vikings were all playoff teams, the Steelers-Ravens rivalry has long been one of the NFL’s best, and even though the Jets were a circus last year, they were a circus that plenty of people watched.

So who will the Ravens’ Week One opponent be? Only once since the NFL began playing the opening game in the Super Bowl champion’s city has there been an interconference game, and it probably won’t happen again this year: FOX only gets the Ravens twice and would surely fight to keep Vikings-Ravens or Packers-Ravens from moving over to NBC. Considering that the last three Week One opening night games have been NFC matchups that otherwise would have been on FOX, the NFL will probably decide that it’s time to take an AFC game from CBS.

Of the AFC games, one stands out as the best of the bunch: Patriots-Ravens, a rematch of the last two AFC Championship Games. The Patriots and the Ravens have developed a great rivalry in recent years, and they’ve played some excellent games that have drawn huge TV ratings. The Ravens have a great slate of home games in 2013, but none is better than the Patriots game, and that’s probably the one we’ll all be watching on the first Thursday night in September.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #39
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-home-opener/

As the Super Bowl champions, the Ravens will be the home team for the NFL’s Thursday night opener on September 5, and the good news for the NFL (and NBC) is that the Ravens have a very good slate of home opponents in 2013, from a TV ratings perspective.

The Ravens’ home opponents in 2013 are the Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Patriots, Jets, Texans, Packers and Vikings. Of those, only the Browns can be eliminated: There’s no way the league will put Cleveland in the marquee Week One opener.

(Well, if we want to get crazy, we’ll point out one scenario in which the opener could be Browns-Ravens: If the Ravens put the non-exclusive franchise tag on Joe Flacco, and the Browns sign him away, then Browns at Ravens would suddenly become the marquee game of the entire season. But it’s probably safe to say that won’t happen.)

Aside from the Browns, every other potential Week One matchup in Baltimore would be a good game: The Bengals, Patriots, Texans, Packers and Vikings were all playoff teams, the Steelers-Ravens rivalry has long been one of the NFL’s best, and even though the Jets were a circus last year, they were a circus that plenty of people watched.

So who will the Ravens’ Week One opponent be? Only once since the NFL began playing the opening game in the Super Bowl champion’s city has there been an interconference game, and it probably won’t happen again this year: FOX only gets the Ravens twice and would surely fight to keep Vikings-Ravens or Packers-Ravens from moving over to NBC. Considering that the last three Week One opening night games have been NFC matchups that otherwise would have been on FOX, the NFL will probably decide that it’s time to take an AFC game from CBS.

Of the AFC games, one stands out as the best of the bunch: Patriots-Ravens, a rematch of the last two AFC Championship Games. The Patriots and the Ravens have developed a great rivalry in recent years, and they’ve played some excellent games that have drawn huge TV ratings. The Ravens have a great slate of home games in 2013, but none is better than the Patriots game, and that’s probably the one we’ll all be watching on the first Thursday night in September.
If it's not the Patriots, it'll be the Steelers. I think the Texans-Ravens could be a prime-time game but I doubt it'll get chosen for the opener over the Patriots or Steelers game.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #40
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Colts will be the 2012 Titans.

Way too many balls bounced their way last season to happen again. I'd be surprised if they win more than 8.

Also agree KCC and STL will be forces next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read