Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2013   #41
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Presser

He is committed to Matt because we cannot take the cap hit to let him go.
Old 01-14-2013   #42
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
BAL runs WCO too.
Im sure those elements are there...they are in almost every offense. I just haven't seen flaco run a lot of boots. Also they have guys like torey smith who are a legit deep threat...and flaco can get it there. We dont have that luxury.
Old 01-14-2013   #43
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a great interview.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #44
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It's on me?

The kids are still improving?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #45
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

When Case Keenum got brought up Kubiak got really excited
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #46
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Also...

Barry asked about more mobile quarterbacks.

His response was (paraphrasing): "if you look at the afc teams still playing none of the qb's are very mobile..."
Brady and Flacco look like cheetahs compared to Schaub. Disheartening.
Old 01-14-2013   #47
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Dude, I genuinely believe most of the people posting on this board could out run schaub.
Old 01-14-2013   #48
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Flacco yes, but Brady? Are you serious? When did he run in our two games to prove this to you? He is not more mobile than Schaub, but he does have better pocket awareness and moves better in the pocket. But he is not "more mobile".
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #49
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Flacco yes, but Brady? Are you serious? When did he run in our two games to prove this to you? He is not more mobile than Schaub, but he does have better pocket awareness and moves better in the pocket. But he is not "more mobile".
Moving in the pocket is mobility , combined with pocket awareness , makes him look like Sugar Ray Leonard compared to Schaub .
Old 01-14-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroot View Post
First time I've listened to this show, seems like a love-fest, no tough questions...yet.
Pretty close. This is the "official station of the Houston Texans" so they really can't give Kubiak too hard a time. Wouldn't really be much of a point either, if they want to keep him coming on & answering questions.... which I do like them doing.

When they aren't talking to a Texans, or Rick Smith, or McNair, they can get pretty brutal. I think they all agree with what's being said on this board, that Matt was the biggest issue & he's playing over his head.

But, being that they share your thoughts, I thought the questions were pretty interesting & as tough as it can get in this situation.

In short, this is not a presser, this is not the media trying to get to the bottom of anything. These shows are a partnership between the team & the radio station.
Old 01-14-2013   #51
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I checked nfl combine 40 times.

Schaub - 5.04 (days)
Brady - 5.24

In lucky's defense he did say "look like cheetahs." Foster looks way slower then he really is. Schaub looks like a freaking beached whale when he runs.
Old 01-14-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
When Case Keenum got brought up Kubiak got really excited
I noticed that as well. I also like he said he encourages Yates to be ready. This league is all about making the most of your opportunities. If he gets his chance to get on the field again, he best make the most of it, because it might be his last.
Old 01-14-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Seth Payne is on now. He's got a regular job with the station now. I think he gives us better insight as to what it's like in that locker room than Kalu does on 790.

I listen to Cook & Kalu on 790, but that's it.

Payne is talking about Matt's audible system.
Old 01-14-2013   #54
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Seth Payne is on now. He's got a regular job with the station now. I think he gives us better insight as to what it's like in that locker room than Kalu does on 790.

LOL, what audible system....Matt is not allowed to call audibles
Old 01-14-2013   #55
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was talking about the inability of Schaub to audible hurting the Texans just the other day. Manning, Brady, Ryan and Rogers all do it because they are elite and trusted to know how to read a defense.
Old 01-14-2013   #56
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I was talking about the inability of Schaub to audible hurting the Texans just the other day. Manning, Brady, Ryan and Rogers all do it because they are elite and trusted to know how to read a defense.
And yet I heard a schaub sound bite telling us he's elite because of how well he understands the offense and defenses. Hmmm. Give him complete freedom next season for one game against a weak opponent and see what happens. If it's not working we can scrap it after a few drives/quarters whatever.
Old 01-14-2013   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The same thing he said I've been saying for a while. It's ass obvious with how we operate. It's very mechanical which limits how we can attack defenses.

And much lime Seth I don't know if kubiak fully trusts schaub. Maybe he needs to.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
And yet I heard a schaub sound bite telling us he's elite because of how well he understands the offense and defenses. Hmmm. Give him complete freedom next season for one game against a weak opponent and see what happens. If it's not working we can scrap it after a few drives/quarters whatever.
I don't know that Seth has any more insight to Kubiak's offense than Vince Wilfork. But his understanding of Matt's ability is pretty much what we understand. He can check to a run play, he can change from a run to the left or to the right, he is expected to know the hot routes but that's about it.

However, he also acknowledges when the offense is working. It's really working & there is no need to audible.

Personally I feel if Matt is not capable of extending plays, if HE doesn't have a big time arm, then he needs the freedom to exploit a gross mismatch.
Old 01-14-2013   #59
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, I don't like Schaub either, but unless he physically can't play, he's the starter next year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #60
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IDK, brady atleast tries when he has to. Schaub would never do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiPX5NF2gwg
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read