Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2013   #161
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

2 things pissed me off about the defense yesterday:

1. They weren't prepared for the quick snap in the red zone. They were all standing around pointing and Vereen walks in for an easy score. That's on Wade, pure and simple. Everyone talks about the quick snap in the red zone. Everyone. Even I knew it was coming. And you aren't prepared for it? Thats garbage. They weren't prepared.

It happened a second time, too, when he caught a pass for a walk in touchdown. They didn't adjust fast enough to presnap movement by the Patriots and there was no one covering him.

2. Playing 10 yards off a guy when he needs 10 yards for the first down. At least 3 times yesterday I saw our players give a cushion and basically sit on the first down marker. When the ball carrier came at the line, he'd get the first down by a ball length because we waited for him to come to us rather than play aggressively. When you are so scared of a big play that you give up 3rd and long conversions it is demoralizing.
Old 01-14-2013   #162
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The funny thing is that if we swap QB with the Broncos , the Texans would still lose the game, only by more.
Manning threw 2 picks, one returned for a TD.
Manning also fumbled the ball a couple of times, one was lost which gave the opponent short field to score a TD.

With All of Schaub's shortcomings, even of you take away the last TD throw by Schaub, the Broncos would have won their game.

How crazy is that?
That's not how comparisons work.
Old 01-14-2013   #163
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, it's a free country.

I watched the games and I saw that Schaub could have won the game if he was playing for the Broncos, whereas Peyton would have lost to the Pats if he played for the Texans yesterday the way he played against the Ravens.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #164
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
That's not how comparisons work.
the tv gamefilm sez otherwise.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #165
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Well if they scored 29, alot of things would have gone different. With 5 mins left in the game, the score would be 29-28.
I was playing along. I don't believe in what Ifs like that.

Patriots are a better team and they scored how much they needed to.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #166
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
the tv gamefilm sez otherwise.
Absolutely; it's there in vivid color; it doesn't fool one's eyes nor does it rely on memory.
Old 01-14-2013   #167
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

There's 1 top ten defense still left in the play offs.
Old 01-14-2013   #168
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely; it's there in vivid color; it doesn't fool one's eyes nor does it rely on memory.
you know I was being sarcastic....you certainly can't see the whole game from a tv screen...but you go and kid yourself endlessly.

Old 01-14-2013   #169
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you know I was being sarcastic....you certainly can't see the whole game from a tv screen...but you go and kid yourself endlessly.
You are aware that game film is now available to the public right?
Old 01-14-2013   #170
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You are aware that game film is now available to the public right?
sure it is, but he is't watching that...he's watching the tvv right? I've asked him directly.

Old 01-14-2013   #171
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sure it is, but he is't watching that...he's watching the tvv right? I've asked him directly.
He has an account at a place where game film is distributed freely and has posted there as well. I'm pretty sure he's posted stills of game film distributed by the NFL in some of the threads he has made this year.
Old 01-14-2013   #172
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I watch the All-22 Film.
Old 01-14-2013   #173
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I watch the All-22 Film.
I've asked before...but consider me learn'd up at this moment in time. Now, stop telling me what I'm seeing.

Old 01-14-2013   #174
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've asked before...but consider me learn'd up at this moment in time. Now, stop telling me what I'm seeing.
Yessir!

Sometimes I just like to poke fun at people, don't pay no mind to me.

I'm a true pacifist, really !
Old 01-14-2013   #175
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Yessir!

Sometimes I just like to poke fun at people, don't pay no mind to me.

I'm a true pacifist, really !
I've been venting a bit since halftime. Go forth and spew young whippersnapper. < Kapernicking

Old 01-14-2013   #176
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
There's 1 top ten defense still left in the play offs.
That's an amazing stat. Really tells you that you need explosiveness on offense
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #177
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
I don't think that says a freaking thing. Whomever was stating that top defenses don't have a huge factor isn't looking at history. It's been just as much about top defenses as it has strong QB play. It's been a combination of both.

Steelers have been to 3 SB's and won two in recent years.

Patriots have been to two SB's in recent years and have came up short just barely, but when they had a worse offense and a much better defense they won 3 SB's.The years they lost, they lost to a team that had arguably the best Dline of all time in both post season runs which took out the likes of guys like Rodgers and Brady.

The Saints didn't win a SB with that great offense until they had a great defense.

The Ravens and the Bucs both win SB's with just defense and the Bears went to the SB with Grossman and just defense.

These are just recent years I'm throwing out there.

The constant in all of these SB wins and teams that seem to have consistent success have either a great QB or a great defense.

Plus, I'm not sure what this whole "top 10" defense thing is saying any way. NFL rankings aren't worth the paper their written on. They don't rank teams by points allowed or points scored. They use a ton of different stats and compile them together, but in tons of cases they rank average defenses way up there when they shouldn't be and the same for offenses as well.

Last I checked the Niners are still in this, and they've got one of the best defenses in the entire league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #178
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post

It goes back to what Vinny was saying yesterday about how the game is so skewed in favor of the offenses that at this point in time a great offense can often just run roughshod over a great defense, at least by the standards of the recent past. I think we've reached that tipping point where the NFL has started to really look a little like NBA on grass.

When the Patriots get to December it's like they hit a whole other gear. It used to be a defense wins championships league but now the tables have turned and a great offense can run the legs off of any defense eventually.
Old 01-14-2013   #179
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It goes back to what Vinny was saying yesterday about how the game is so skewed in favor of the offenses that at this point in time a great offense can often just run roughshod over a great defense, at least by the standards of the recent past. I think we've reached that tipping point where the NFL has started to really look a little like NBA on grass.

When the Patriots get to December it's like they hit a whole other gear. It used to be a defense wins championships league but now the tables have turned and a great offense can run the legs off of any defense eventually.
Yep. But some people are too blind to see how the league has changed.

Get with it or get lost.

If you can't spark up the scoreboard when you need to, you don't stand a chance.
Old 01-14-2013   #180
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yep. But some people are too blind to see how the league has changed.

Get with it or get lost.

If you can't spark up the scoreboard when you need to, you don't stand a chance.
And guess what, only TWO teams left are top 10 offenses. In fact, the Texans are #7 in offense.

Not to mention the Seahawks were 30 seconds away from making it TWO top 10 defenses, and only one top 10 offense.

I don't think this stat says much.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read