Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #161
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Let's not change the conversation, we're talking about your quarterback.

As a team, yes the Ravens have accomplished a lot with him, sometimes in spite of him.

next week, if you lose the AFCCG because bad Flacco shows up, are we going to be happy with your "little" problem?
Translation please?
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #162
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

lets go matt
Old 01-13-2013   #163
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

He's barely hanging in this game
Old 01-13-2013   #164
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

can we put him behind backups?
Old 01-13-2013   #165
handswarmer
All Pro

Ranks pretty low after the INT

Gonna rank real high on the Golf course tomorrow
Old 01-13-2013   #166
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Ranks pretty low after the INT

Gonna rank real high on the Golf course tomorrow
It's real classy of you, you know that.

Good bye !
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #167
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's real classy of you, you know that.

Good bye !
Honesty= telling the truth

Joe's better in the playoffs and it shows.

Schaub is a great fantasy QB in regular season....
Old 01-13-2013   #168
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honesty= telling the truth

Joe's better in the playoffs and it shows.

Schaub is a great fantasy QB in regular season....
Obviously, you don't get it.
You don't go on another MB and kicked a guy when he's down.

The Texans fans can do it; but when you do, you're classless!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #169
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Obviously, you don't get it.
You don't go on another MB and kicked a guy when he's down.

The Texans fans can do it; but when you do, you're classless!
You need a Waaambulance?

Kick him when he's down? Really?

Classy like Watt spitting on the Patriots Logo?

I aspire to class like that....said myself never...
Old 01-13-2013   #170
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

**** schaub. Id take flacco in a heartbeat
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #171
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub's limitations are on display today for all the world to see. Bad decision making is at the top of the list and the standout today. He opened the game throwing a strike to Casey that Casey (best hands on the team my ass!) just flat out dropped. Now do I blame Schaub for that? Absolutely not. That was all on Casey. Matt followed that up with a scared throw to a wide open AJ in the endzone that sailed almost up through the goal posts. That's the problem with Matt. Things go wrong and Matt spirals down the toilet. He has no resilience or ability to overcome adversity. He folds up and starts making stupid mistakes. Fumbling the ball when no one was near him because he can't remember not to hold it down by where his thighs are? ****ing idiot! A couple of times today he followed up great plays with just terrible brain farts. The guy is so inconsistent that anyone who depended on him to win games in this league should have their judgement questioned.

Schaub is last in my opinion among QB"s in the post season. I'd rather have just about everybody who was out there over Schaub. Some of them have warts but none of them are as consistently flustered and worthless as Matt.
Old 01-13-2013   #172
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Of 8 left this weekend
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Kaepernick
Flacco
Ryan
Wilson MS

Matt make me eat crow, PLEASE
Matt played like Matt. I think the one that needs to be fired is whoever was responsible for signing him to an extension this season. There was nothing to gained by it. Just like keeping Mario and not trading him before the season. These two moves i think cripple/crippled this team. Hell at least Barwin didn't have the sense to sign. With our braintrust we may still sign him to a big contract who knows.

Just curious if you were taking QBs right now for the next 5 years how would you rank the QBs above including Luck, RGIII and any others. Top 8.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #173
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think Schaub's limitations are on display today for all the world to see. Bad decision making is at the top of the list and the standout today. He opened the game throwing a strike to Casey that Casey (best hands on the team my ass!) just flat out dropped. Now do I blame Schaub for that? Absolutely not. That was all on Casey. Matt followed that up with a scared throw to a wide open AJ in the endzone that sailed almost up through the goal posts. That's the problem with Matt. Things go wrong and Matt spirals down the toilet. He has no resilience or ability to overcome adversity. He folds up and starts making stupid mistakes. Fumbling the ball when no one was near him because he can't remember not to hold it down by where his thighs are? ****ing idiot! A couple of times today he followed up great plays with just terrible brain farts. The guy is so inconsistent that anyone who depended on him to win games in this league should have their judgement questioned.

Schaub is last in my opinion among QB"s in the post season. I'd rather have just about everybody who was out there over Schaub. Some of them have warts but none of them are as consistently flustered and worthless as Matt.
Kubiak just said (post game presser) that Schaub is one of the top QB's in the NFL. He also said he could win with Carr though...so take it with a grain.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #174
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Kubiak just said (post game presser) that Schaub is one of the top QB's in the NFL. He also said he could win with Carr though...so take it with a grain.
It reminds me of the time Bum traded for Stabler .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #175
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 289343 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Well, we know we're going to get Schaub back next season.

I think Matt will be in the play-offs again next year. Of the QBs that made it to the divisional round, how many of them do you think will make it this far again?

I think Schaub will be here
I think Flacco will be here
I think Brady will be here
I think Manning will be here.
Old 01-13-2013   #176
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, we know we're going to get Schaub back next season.

I think Matt will be in the play-offs again next year. Of the QBs that made it to the divisional round, how many of them do you think will make it this far again?

I think Schaub will be here
I think Flacco will be here
I think Brady will be here
I think Manning will be here.
I'm bit sold on schaub being there or Flacco. I think Luck is going to be a lot better next year and it's going to be a battle again to win this division. I could see us being swept by the colts next season if they have a good off season.

And the ravens still have to contend with Pitt and cincy. If cincy puts it together they could be tough. And Pitt is still Pitt. They can rise up at anytime it seems like.

Brady and manning aren't in the toughest divisions so I see them as most likely to return.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #177
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 289343 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I do.

I see us winning with Foster having a big day, the D having a big day, and Matt not turning the ball over.
Yeah, none of that stuff happened. None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
Flacco was very good...Not great. his receivers were great.

Schaub can step up, but the receivers need to do the same. I believe they can.
Jacoby Jones had a better day than all our receivers put together, including his drop. He stepped up.
Old 01-14-2013   #178
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its all good dude- Joe payed like a champ today
Yep. Joe played great. Congrats.

Like I said earlier, Joe's problem is when he gets hit. He fell apart against us earlier in the season because we hit him a few times. I expected the Broncos to get to him yesterday but your line did a great job keeping Flacco clean.

With his arm, if you keep him clean and keep his mind right, he can play like he played Saturday.

Good luck going forward.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #179
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised to see there are so many people in here willing to take Matt Ryan over Schaub. You guys do realize after 4 trips to the playoffs, Ryan finally won one yesterday? And it took a miracle comeback to win it.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #180
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yep. Joe played great. Congrats.

Like I said earlier, Joe's problem is when he gets hit. He fell apart against us earlier in the season because we hit him a few times. I expected the Broncos to get to him yesterday but your line did a great job keeping Flacco clean.

With his arm, if you keep him clean and keep his mind right, he can play like he played Saturday.

Good luck going forward.
McKinnie finally got out of Harbaugh's Doghouse to start at LT moving Oher back to RT (where he's better) and switching Osemele from RT to LG where he is better suited. Yanda's return was nice also.

Joe can take the hits- in the past his doubt was manufactured by Cameron who got fired in December. He is much better under Caldwell- we are seeing plays beng run that we didn't know were in the playbook.

Thanks for the well wishes

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read