Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-13-2013   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

What did you do with the suit Ray? Where's the suit and why did you feel the need to ditch it?

Dude's a murderer in my eyes. I can't and won't deny his talent but I'll be so happy next year when he's gone.
Old 01-13-2013   #22
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
So murder is ok... if you are a Christian?

Sounds good.
Only if your catholic.

Old 01-13-2013   #23
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Only if your catholic.

What does that mean?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #24
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=2012Champs;2105405]Innocent people settle all the damn time. It often times come down to cost vs potential risk. If you dont understand this then you clearly don't understand how the world works[/

I understand perfectly fine I don't believe he's innocent id bet my life on it. Michael Jackson settled too but I'm sure hrs innocent just like ray lewis.
Old 01-13-2013   #25
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
So murder is ok... if you are a Christian?

Sounds good.
Where did I say murder was ok? I said he is redeemed, he is forgiven for his sins. Just like you, me and everyone else is when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and ask for forgiveness.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #26
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

The only people that will really know the truth will be the people that were in the fight and there. We simply don't know and will never know the truth likely, and they will eventually answer for whatever did happen at some point.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #27
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Ray Lewis has been a hell of a player. He was never found guilty of any wrong doing.

People need to grow up and stop acting as if they were there.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #28
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Ray Lewis has been a hell of a player. He was never found guilty of any wrong doing.

Exactly.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #29
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

People need to grow up and stop acting like being an exceptional football player makes everything you do is ok. That includes protecting your boys who may have murdered two men. But those two men didn't were not football greats that dont do stupid pregame dances with face paint like john Randall.
Old 01-13-2013   #30
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody held accountable....sounds perfect for today's America.
Hell, if OJ can practically decapitate two, then go play golf in Florida, with his NFL pension untouchable, why can't Lewis live his dream?
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was never found guilty of any wrong doing.
Not true. He pled guilty to obstruction of justice in a plea bargain and was sentenced to probation.
Old 01-14-2013   #32
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
"How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?" Because through God's grace and mercy we are redeemed. Ray Lewis is a Christian, and God has great things instore for believers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Where did I say murder was ok? I said he is redeemed, he is forgiven for his sins. Just like you, me and everyone else is when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and ask for forgiveness.
Sure sounds like committing murder is no biggie so long as you are Christian.

In fact, it sounds like so long as you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and ask for forgiveness, then you can get away with pretty much anything. Must be nice to see religion as a get out of jail free (literally) card.

*Just to be clear, I am not attacking Christianity/religion here. Only the idea posted above.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Roger Goodell was down there on the field, pre game, hugging Ray Lewis for like 45 seconds. Swaying back and forth together.

The NFL "character" system is odd. ODD.

Forget whether he is forgiven or redeemed or saved or whatever. The NFL commissioner is out there embracing him and acting like none of that ugly mess ever happened. It was odd.

I guess it's up for interpretation for Roger Goodell. If I were him, I would have shook his hand, a slap on the back and a "Go out there and give it all you got."

i wouldn't have had as large of a moment with Ray Lewis as Goodell did. Then again, this is the same guy who is dapping and hand jiving draft picks during the first round of last year's draft. It's funny and awkward all at the same time.

LOL.
Old 01-14-2013   #34
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Roger Goodell was down there on the field, pre game, hugging Ray Lewis for like 45 seconds. Swaying back and forth together.

The NFL "character" system is odd. ODD.

Forget whether he is forgiven or redeemed or saved or whatever. The NFL commissioner is out there embracing him and acting like none of that ugly mess ever happened. It was odd.

I guess it's up for interpretation for Roger Goodell. If I were him, I would have shook his hand, a slap on the back and a "Go out there and give it all you got."

i wouldn't have had as large of a moment with Ray Lewis as Goodell did. Then again, this is the same guy who is dapping and hand jiving draft picks during the first round of last year's draft. It's funny and awkward all at the same time.

LOL.
I agree. I have seen Goodell hugging first rounders like some long lost uncle. I don't get it either.

I don't get the Ray Lewis thing. He's a great LB, and he is a great orator. But let's not apply for sainthood just yet.
Old 01-14-2013   #35
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I understand perfectly fine I don't believe he's innocent id bet my life on it. Michael Jackson settled too but I'm sure hrs innocent just like ray lewis.

I wouldnt bet my life on something that 1. I dont have first hand knowledge of and 2. That doesnt actually matter in the end

I wonder why Vic didnt get the same treatment from the justice system, you know since it is all about money and status?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #36
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I wouldnt bet my life on something that 1. I dont have first hand knowledge of and 2. That doesnt actually matter in the end

I wonder why Vic didnt get the same treatment from the justice system, you know since it is all about money and status?
Because when PETA gets involved someone has to pay! You can't go around killing animals as if they were people!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What did you do with the suit Ray? Where's the suit and why did you feel the need to ditch it?
I like Ray Lewis and I'm glad he turned his life around.

But the above question has always been a splinter in my mind's eye. It's an obvious question that nobody wants to ask anymore.

He knew more about that incident than he admitted. The missing suit speaks volumes to this silence.

I'm not accusing him of murder. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that his plea of guilty to obstruction of justice in a plea bargain is clearly a more-to-the-story situation.

Since then, though, he's been an inspiration to many and a role model for both players and fans. It's not like he's had a troubled pattern over the years that reveals he's faking it. I think that tragedy focused the man to define what he wanted to be in life and he chose the high road.
Old 01-14-2013   #38
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Because we live in a society where athletic prowess is valued above scholarship and even rule of law. Let's consider a few facts:

1. The prosecution in O.J. Simpson's trial had to dismantle his "nice guy" image. While his temper was famous among his friends, his publicists had spent decades crafting his image.

2. Jim Brown allegedly was known for slapping women around but while he was playing was never charged.

3. Mr. Warren Moon allegedly beat his wife Felicia on more than one occasion but wasn't charged until his playing days ended.

4. Michael Irvin was busted in a hotel room with a crack rock the size of a baseball and mysteriously got community service for a crime which would have sent anyone else to prison.

5. Nate Newton was busted REPEATEDLY with GARBAGE BAGS full of marijuana in the trunk of his car while playing and each time got a slap on the wrist. He wasn't sent to jail until AFTER he left the Dallas Cowboys.

6. Ray Lewis had a double murder occur in the master bedroom of his home but a friend who was at the party/get together went to prison for it. Ray was cleared of all charges as his friend fessed up and Ray testified against him.

7. Ben Roethlissburger was accused of sexual assault.

8. Kobe Bryant was accused of sexual assault.

9. Lawrence Taylor was arrested multiple times with cocaine, but wasn't prosecuted until his playing days ended.

10. Daryl Strawberry was arrested multiple times with cocainebut wasn't prosecuted until his playing days ended.

11. Dwight Gooden was arrested multiple times with cocaine but not prosecuted until his playing days ended.

Athletes who are still playing their respective sports, with the notable exceptions of Dog Boy (Michael Vick) and Plaxico Burress are RARELY charged for any crime of which they're accused and in the rare instances when they ARE charged get feather-light slaps on the wrist.
Go to ANY public school and you'll see student athletes holding their heads high as lions leading their pride as they stride hallways between classes secure in the knowledge that they needn't attend classes as long as they perform.

College athletic departments have frequent headaches caused by student athletes with criminal histories. High school athletics never has a "bake sale" or a car wash to raise money as the funding is always there. College athletics receives THEIR funding before any academic departments. Professors will be fired before a single coach (unless it's women's athletics). More and more colleges are doing away with tenure so that they can more easily rid themselves of pesky tenured profs who will fight to keep their departments alive. A high school chemestry teacher with 20 years gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield while a football coach with a winning season is treated like a god. A doctor could cure cancer and probably still wouldn't be as highly regarded as a quasi-literate professional athlete.

We coddle people who are good at baseball, basketball, football and hockey from the cradle to the grave and we wonder why so many of them have delusions of granduer.

Yes I am aware of the Irony of decrying professional atheletics on a message board for a professional football team.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #39
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
3. Mr. Warren Moon allegedly beat his wife Felicia on more than one occasion but wasn't charged until his playing days ended.
On tangent...sorry...

Story I heard from an officer on scene was that the wifey made a trip to the galleria and spent almost a 1/4 million dollars on clothing, perfume, and other unnecessary crap. Warren flipped when he found out.
Old 01-14-2013   #40
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
What does that mean?
I think it's supposed to be an Inquisition joke or something
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read