Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #121
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
it took the cardinals 20 points and the seahawks 24 points to beat the patriots as well.
you seen the pats O totals since then??? you seen our points scored then. how bout now, you see what niners scored in playoffs vs GB. dude points win. schaub doesnt manufacure points. kubiak is fine his qb is limited
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #122
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This team wasn't a playoff team until Wade Phillips came to town.

Two times since he got here...we've made it to the AFC divisional round.

Prior to that, with Kubiak's choices at d-coord...TWICE!...we looked like a joke.

Sorry, but until this offense has a playmaker at QB and not a dink-and-dunk, bail out at the slightest sign of trouble, sloth-toed, Good For 1 or 2 Really BAD Decisions per game on a consistent basis...I can't say that Wade causes me concern.

Frankly, Gary should consider just letting Wade have every pick in the draft if he's going to force Schaub and his (Gary's) style of offense on us.

It takes TWO to tango, and remember: Prior to Wade's arrival, this t-e-a-m did NOTHING.
Old 01-13-2013   #123
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
you seen the pats O totals since then??? you seen our points scored then. how bout now, you see what niners scored in playoffs vs GB. dude points win. schaub doesnt manufacure points. kubiak is fine his qb is limited
i also saw defenses and special teams manufacture points as well. (are we the only defense that has yet to get a turnover in the playoffs this year? feels like it)

i've already said schaub is a problem but the defense is also problem as well.

schaub can't carry a team. and the texans can't win in shootouts. to combat that we would need a defense that doesn't give up 3rd and longs, get's turnovers, and limits touchdowns in the redzone as well.

the problem is neither the O or the D can compensate for either side of the ball.

schaub deserves blame so does the defense as well. that's all i am saying.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #124
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i also saw defenses and special teams manufacture points as well. (are we the only defense that has yet to get a turnover in the playoffs this year? feels like it)

i've already said schaub is a problem but the defense is also problem as well.

schaub can't carry a team. and the texans can't win in shootouts. to combat that we would need a defense that doesn't give up 3rd and longs, get's turnovers, and limits touchdowns in the redzone as well.

the problem is neither the O or the D can compensate for either side of the ball.

schaub deserves blame so does the defense as well. that's all i am saying.
but schaubs ceiling is 15 pts. due you expect wade to hold an offense to 14?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #125
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How many points did the Pats score?
How much time did they have?

Defense = Big Fail
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #126
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no. i think we're good if we a hold an offenses to under 30. this offense at it's best this year was 29 ppg. the patriots at their best is 35 ppg.

games in the 30+ range are not our strong suit.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #127
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Prior to that, with Kubiak's choices at d-coord...TWICE!...we looked like a joke.

Sorry, but until this offense has a playmaker at QB and not a dink-and-dunk, bail out at the slightest sign of trouble, sloth-toed, Good For 1 or 2 Really BAD Decisions per game on a consistent basis...I can't say that Wade causes me concern.

Frankly, Gary should consider just letting Wade have every pick in the draft if he's going to force Schaub and his (Gary's) style of offense on us.

It takes TWO to tango, and remember: Prior to Wade's arrival, this t-e-a-m did NOTHING.
I totally agree.
Old 01-13-2013   #128
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And don't forget that Foster is an UDFA that we gave a hefty contract to as we count on him to bear a good portion of the load offensively.
If they didn't give him and Schaub such big contracts, they would have been able to possibly keep Winston.

Why didn't they just use the franchise tag on Schaub or Foster last year?
Old 01-13-2013   #129
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 797 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

We will never win the SB with Shaub. Plain and simple folks.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #130
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 15483 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
bingo
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #131
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
I can get behind this I think. Sad as that is to admit.
At the same time, not too many SB teams give up 40+ points and win.

We lost tonight because of both offense and defense. Our WRs dropping balls didn't help
Old 01-13-2013   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
He's just another Kubiak clone. He's way too stubborn for his own good. He still has linebackers covering receivers when it's obvious they can't.
What receiver was the LBs covering? That was a RB, Shane Vereen. LBs should be able to cover a RB.

I think Wade deserves a lot of this "blame" coming out of the half, they let the Patriots march down the field for 7..... they looked just as lost after the half as they did in the first game.

But this is definitely a team loss. The offense scored 28 & it's hard to look past that, but we never had the lead, but we played like we did. That's another big reason we lost this game.

They go into the half playing offensively like we belong in the game, then come out in the second half & go back to everything that wasn't working.
Old 01-13-2013   #133
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
If they didn't give him and Schaub such big contracts, they would have been able to possibly keep Winston.

Why didn't they just use the franchise tag on Schaub or Foster last year?
I don't know for sure, I don't know enough about franchise tag on a QB.
Schaub's contract is only average by NFL standard.

I've been looking for guys to replace him for two years already; It wasn't like I wanted to settle for Schaub.
Old 01-13-2013   #134
76Texan
Hall of Fame

And I had actually suggested two very feasible solutions: Collin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson.
Old 01-13-2013   #135
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

41 points on our D tonight. Which was strange, because I thought they actually played really well. Patriots scored or had a 3 and out it seemed.
Old 01-13-2013   #136
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Schaub gave it his best and he still imploded on the big stage. The defense got carved up by the Patriots too. No denying it.
I don't know that Schaub was put into a position to win. We saw him with 4 & 5 receivers (counting TEs & RBs) & he was successful. When he only had 3 receivers in a pattern, he just couldn't find an outlet & he's not going to extend a play.

We asked him to do that & he looked goofy, but that's like asking Brady to play left handed (probably still would have whup'd our butt).....

Matt Ryan didn't do much more than Matt today, as far as extending plays & such, but he had playmakers we just don't.

The biggest thing we need to do going forward.... if Schaub is still going to be here, is cut Kevin Walter. He should not be on any NFL roster. We need Posey, Martin, & Jean fighting for the 3 & 4 spot & we need to bring a legit #2 WR. And that won't be worth a crap if Kubiak doesn't game plan to his QBs strength, meaning more 3 & 4 WR sets & throwing the ball.

We can run the ball after we get a lead, not before.
Old 01-13-2013   #137
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Wade is just as limited as Kubiak.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #138
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Painfully, I tormented myself rewatching the game.

I don't even care to describe it; the fact that I bring it up in this thread should be plenty enough.

Then somebody menioned the net punting average.
I also noted the field position difference earlier.
Then you add the running game difference.

I don't need to name any name.

Punch your own card.
Old 01-14-2013   #139
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Painfully, I tormented myself rewatching the game.

I don't even care to describe it; the fact that I bring it up in this thread should be plenty enough.

Then somebody menioned the net punting average.
I also noted the field position difference earlier.
Then you add the running game difference.

I don't need to name any name.

Punch your own card.
Man 76, we need QB with legs so bad. Things would had been much more different if Matt had legs. I am intrigued about Redskins' Cousins.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #140
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Man 76, we need QB with legs so bad. Things would had been much more different if Matt had legs. I am intrigued about Redskins' Cousins.
Matt could have legs like Romo or RG3 & it wouldn't have mattered. Tom Brady wasn't running around "making plays" his guys were playing at a higher level than our guys that's all there is to it. Improving Schaub isn't going to change that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read