Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #41
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 43 and 42...

I think part of our defensive problems is that we are seemingly never playing defense with a lead. Our defense is better when we are ahead. Our offense has been really good on 3rd down conversions in the past and now is just awful.

I'm not letting the defense off the hook, the offense brought us back to 17-13 and then the defense gives up a TD on the first drive after the half. Still, the offense doesn't 3 and out as much and we are in better shape defensively.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Where did I mention Schaub? I used to be a Schaub guy but they need to upgrade the position because he will never be the same due to his foot injury. (Check with the medical people on the MB and I believe you will find that this is NOT an overstatement)

The Texans obviously need a speed/productive WR2 to open up the offense. An OG/RT need to be upgraded as well. So no, this isn't all on Schaub. Also Gary has had a history of being a conservative playcaller. (Not today)

Exact opposite? Do not follow, What other things are going on that I need to take into consideration?
You were saying that the Texans needed to score a ton of points.
Obviously, I had to assume that you were talking about Schaub (to a good degree) since none of your other valid points (in this last post) were mentioned earlier.

Or maybe I missed it?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
The Texans are whhere the Falcons were for the last few years...just needing to get up over the hump
& I'm glad the hump is at the divisional round & not 8-8 where it was just two years ago.
Old 01-13-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember just a few years ago, most people here thought it was preposterous to ask our offense to have to score 30 points to win a game.

Now we need to score 42 or 43 or our offense is broke.

You guys..... I know you're a lot smarter than that.
Old 01-13-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

And I believe at the time I mentioned Kaepernick and Wilson, there were few takers.

I hope we see Keenum next year competing with Yates and another guy.

I think Keenum can be a good one, but we do need back-up plan with him due to possible injury.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #46
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You were saying that the Texans needed time score a ton of points.
Obviously, I had to assume that you were talking about Schaub (to a good degree) since none of your other valid points (in this last post) were mentioned earlier.

Or maybe I missed it?
They need to score more TD's. (Not need time to do so)

Sorry I wasn't more clear
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I think part of our defensive problems is that we are seemingly never playing defense with a lead. Our defense is better when we are ahead. Our offense has been really good on 3rd down conversions in the past and now is just awful.

I'm not letting the defense off the hook, the offense brought us back to 17-13 and then the defense gives up a TD on the first drive after the half. Still, the offense doesn't 3 and out as much and we are in better shape defensively.
It doesn't help our offense when the opposing team punter (Mesko) keeps Schaub & Co. pinned back in terrible field position. By time Texans fight & claw to midfield they seem exhausted with the burden. Then Donnie Jones either makes poor contact with the football or doesn't angle/strategically knock the football down deep so in essence Patriots have only a short field to manage another score. I believe Donnie Jones average punt was only 36.4 yards per kick while Mesko averaged 52.8. But its actually worse than that because they don't count bringing the ball out to the 20 when its kicked into the endzone. They each kicked it 5 times so comparable field advantage was a plus 16.4 yards each possession to Tom Brady & the Patriot offense.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

If Danieal Manning could have scored on those two big returns (he ran out of gas on the first one) we'd have won the game 42-41
Old 01-14-2013   #49
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I remember just a few years ago, most people here thought it was preposterous to ask our offense to have to score 30 points to win a game.

Now we need to score 42 or 43 or our offense is broke.

You guys..... I know you're a lot smarter than that.
Different competition, different standards.

It's a pretty simple concept really.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #50
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Danieal Manning could have scored on those two big returns (he ran out of gas on the first one) we'd have won the game 42-41
What? Did I somehow dream the 3 points we got on the first drive?
midway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read