Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #61
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: who do you want gone?

Completely agree with you. Cody has been a non-factor, its time to move on to Earl Mitchell playing full-time. Draft a NT in the late rounds and develop him into a reserve role. Shiloh Keo is out of control. Special teams player, only. You forgot Barwin, he went from rising star of the defense to huge disappointment all in one year. Plus there's no way in hell that I would overpay(because a team will) for him.

Another question...is Brian Brahman really that bad to NEVER get playing time on defense. He's a flat out beast on special teams, but I guess he simply has zero football IQ.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #62
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure I forgot Cody was still on the team until you reminded me.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #63
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147080 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I'm pretty sure I forgot Cody was still on the team until you reminded me.
Thats probably because he see's so little time on the field , neither he nor Mitchell play on passing downs - nickle or dime packages.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #64
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Shaub
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #65
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
Completely agree with you. Cody has been a non-factor, its time to move on to Earl Mitchell playing full-time. Draft a NT in the late rounds and develop him into a reserve role. Shiloh Keo is out of control. Special teams player, only. You forgot Barwin, he went from rising star of the defense to huge disappointment all in one year. Plus there's no way in hell that I would overpay(because a team will) for him.

Another question...is Brian Brahman really that bad to NEVER get playing time on defense. He's a flat out beast on special teams, but I guess he simply has zero football IQ.
Braman just plays OLB where we're stacked...

id like to move on from kevin walter too...good blocking WR, sure...but were gonna need a legit #2...esp as andre ages...

id love to see us trade up a la julio jones and the falcons
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What moves do you think will be made if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
A Gronkowski/Graham type player would get MONSTER numbers in this offense. Daniels as the #2 TE would be awesome.

Don't think a fast #2 WR is much use in this offense. Keyshawn Martin looks to be too slow to create seperation in the slot.
What I'd give for another Ernest Givins. He would thrive in today's 'protect the helpless player' environment.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #67
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Shaub
this plus Marciano has to go.

Cody, I'm neutral on.

Kubiak - I think we need a better coach - but I know he's not going after 12-4 and thus Matt is here.
Old 01-13-2013   #68
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We're the Bengals classier, richer cousin.
Still better than the Jets.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #69
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak/Schaub need to go now!

I know we just came off a 12-4 season and these things never happen when you win that many game and make it to the divisional round but....

First our wonderfully woefully overly conservative im gonna do my gameplan no matter what happens during the game and never change or make adjustments head coach. He needs to go the reason we looked so bad for the last half of the season is that we were nor prepared and the gameplans were overly vanilla and no halftie adjustments were made. This is directly a coaching issue as they gameplan and prepare tha players for said gameplan. Our gameplanning has sucked horribly. If he has any type of lead in a game all he does is try to sit on it an hope for a win. In this league you cant do that you have to score and make sure the other team can not catch you. Too many times you see a team get up big and lose because of this. There is more I can say on this but you all know what the issues are. The main one is he is responable for our gameplanning and playcalling and he is not getting it done.

Secondly Matt Schaub, I like the guy he is a class guy and a decent qb but he can not get it done when the lights shine. He has no mobility and no deepball power. I have never seen receivers have to slow down to catc a deep ball more than ours. He constantly goes fetal if he feels pressure cause he knows he cant outrun it. If he does evade the pressure he just looks to throw it away not run or make a pass to get posative yards. He misses alot of open reciervers on the field to. ( not throws but does not see them).

I personally feel we should go get Alex Smith from the Niners. He imho would be perfect in this system. He is a game manager and has good deep ball power and is very mobile. to make those play with his legs that are nonexistant now.

As for a HC, I think McNair should call up Bill Cower and say what will it take to get you back into coaching....ok that much ok HERE!.

These are just my opinions.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #70
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you had to ask me to bet money on major moves being made, I'd wager not many.
I think Kubiak is here. I think Schaub is entrenched.

This team has never drastically changed courses before. I don't think a 12-4 season with a loss in the divisional round to the Patriots (in foxboro) is going to be the impetus that sees a lot of churning.
Old 01-13-2013   #71
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Shaub
I checked the roster, fortunately there is nobody spelled by that name on the team.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #72
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Still better than the Jets.
Jets did go to the AFC Championship game vs the Colts a few years ago ya know.

Old 01-13-2013   #73
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If you had to ask me to bet money on major moves being made, I'd wager not many.
I think Kubiak is here. I think Schaub is entrenched.

This team has never drastically changed courses before. I don't think a 12-4 season with a loss in the divisional round to the Patriots (in foxboro) is going to be the impetus that sees a lot of churning.
Agreed. However, I will forever know Bum Phillips did not deserve his firing after going 11-5 (with an asst named Wade Phillips ) and losing to the eventual Champion Raiders, but after seeing this 12-4 campaign I would love to see Kubiak and Marciano gone. Schaub and whomever else would fall where they may.

If Kubiak were fired right now I don't think you would see the massive bandwagon shift among fans that you did when Bum got the ax.

We simply can't stay put. It doesn't make sense.

On a different note, I believe in our front office like I never believed in Bud's front office.
Old 01-13-2013   #74
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Another extension for Schaub and Kubiak for battlefighting their way to a 12 win season.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #75
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
Another extension for Schaub and Kubiak for battlefighting their way to a 12 win season.
Meaning you do, or do not want what you described?? Put the thread title along with your incomplete post it sounds like you want Kubiak and Schaub indefinitely.

Just looking for clarity before I say you're nuts.
Old 01-14-2013   #76
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Meaning you do, or do not want what you described?? Put the thread title along with your incomplete post it sounds like you want Kubiak and Schaub indefinitely.

Just looking for clarity before I say you're nuts.
It's what I think will happen, not what I hope will happen
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #77
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
so you expect schaub to get better and luck regress? one game difference this year
Do you really think it's that simple?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #78
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jets did go to the AFC Championship game vs the Colts a few years ago ya know.
The Bengals went to a Super Bowl, too.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #79
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The Bengals went to a Super Bowl, too.
sure wasn't a couple of years ago.

Old 01-14-2013   #80
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak/Schaub need to go now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think the Texans might look at a free agent WR. I'm not saying we won't draft a WR but I think we won't draft one early. I think we go OL or LB in the first. The right side of the OL killed us all year long and Rashad Butler isn't gonna make it all better when he comes back. The Texans platooned the RG position all year long for a reason and I think that's because nobody claimed the spot outright. They'll go get more help there.

LB speaks for itself. Past Cushing we've got issues on the inside. James and Ruud are both good players but they're older and not going to be here long. I'm positive we go get another ILB. Maybe we get a RG or ILB in free agency but I think more likely draft there.
Agree with you on the O-line. We've got to get way better on the right side as well as adding - or developing - quality depth there.
Also, as I've said in previous threads, we've got to find us a Cushing/Patrick Willis-quality ILB. The talent drop-off when Cush went down was much to large to tolerate.

Quote:
agree with all of that but this slow, plodding offense needs speed, speed, speed. It was embarrassing watching this team nickle and dime it down the field without any ability to go deep. They need a Speed WR and some quickness in the slot in a big way.
Speed only works if you have a quality trigger man. And he doesn't need a "cannon for an arm". Like Montana hitting those sweet slants to Rice and John Taylor, the trigger man needs to time his throws so that his guy can catch the ball and catch it in stride then accelerate. Think back to tonight's game, Brady's longest throw was just forty yards. He doesn't have a "big arm" but he throws it to a spot where he knows his guy will be, can make the catch and keep on running. How many times have we seen him or Drew Brees throw the ball to a certain spot before the receiver has even come out of his break?! That's a timing throw. Schaub does not excel at those. I've seen him do it - hell, he hit Foster with one tonight - but it's not his strong suit.

Schaub, for the most part, has to see the guy open before he'll pull the trigger. And if Schaub does that with a speed guy, I'm afraid the speed guy will be out of Schaub's range by the time Schaub sees (and believes) that he's open.

Schaub needs to add the "throwing guys open" tactic to the offensive weaponry if we are to take advantage of any speed guys we pick up. If not they'll just be wasted.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read