Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013   #81
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,906
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
they won't play as much man as we do
BINGO. Exposing 3rd string, washed up ILBs to Tom Brady twice (in a month) to man coverage nearly every play of the game is assuring failure.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not a Schaub fan. I only defend him, because the commentary on him is just way out of whack right now. But Peyton Manning & Aaron Rogers both lost this weekend, if those two QB who won Super Bowls & MVPs can lose in the divisional round, then losing in the divisional round does not mean that Schaub can't win a Super Bowl.

Their teams scored more points... If our defense or special teams would have scored, we'd have scored as much as their teams did.

Schaub didn't play as poorly as Manning did.
Manning and Rodgers have both shown the ability to play at an elite level for multiple games and in big games.

Schaub has done neither.

They may not have had great games this weekend but you and 76 making these comparisons is just silly.

No one here can say for absolute certainty that schaub definitely can't win. But using your brain and observing you can clearly see those two qb's give you a better chance to win than schaub.

If you had manning, and Rodgers and schaub to choose from to lead your team into the play offs who are you choosing?

The way you guys talk you make it sound lime a toss up.

Schaub would be last on everyones list out of the three and for good reason. Please stop bringing them up in defense if schaub because it's asinine.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,566
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Go back and read. I never compared our field position to the patriots. I said we had pretty good starting position On a lot of possessions. What the he'll does that statement have to do with the patriots?

And I still don't understand why you are ok with being like two losing teams.

If your point was that even great qb's struggle...well duh...

But let's not act like this game was an aberration for schaub.
This is quite a normal game for Schaub if you ask me.

I never expect him to carry the team.
I expect the defense to play better and that the running game is better.

It would have been nice if he had a better game, (wanting to have an upgrade over Schaub is besides the point) he did not lose the game by himself. Actually, I believe the D and the running game should be more to blame.

If you or anybody disagree, it's fine, but that's how I saw it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #84
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,906
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
if not for wade, schaubiak is at best an 8-8 team.. he either needs to leave or takeover. expose schaub for what he is. without a halfway decent defense we wont win the division..
First of all, they were 9-7 without Wade in 2009... Second, Wade is a good defensive coach and did a great thing for this organization, turning around the defense. However, as is with 90% of the coaches in the league, sometimes his limitations are exposed. The Patriots and Packers have done that again. He was unable to put the Texan defensive players in a position to be successful today... and last month... and on Monday night against Green Bay. Just stating the truth. I'm disappointed but not bitter. It was expected. The Texans were outclassed. I'm hopeful they come back stronger next year. This was the one matchup we couldn't win... and losing Cushing was insurmountable. With Kubiak/Phillips/Schaub leading the team, we will need some breaks to win the Superbowl... just like 29-30 other teams do each year.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #85
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame
 
TexansSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 27
Posts: 8,600
Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Manning and Rodgers have both shown the ability to play at an elite level for multiple games and in big games.

Schaub has done neither.

They may not have had great games this weekend but you and 76 making these comparisons is just silly.

No one here can say for absolute certainty that schaub definitely can't win. But using your brain and observing you can clearly see those two qb's give you a better chance to win than schaub.

If you had manning, and Rodgers and schaub to choose from to lead your team into the play offs who are you choosing?

The way you guys talk you make it sound lime a toss up.

Schaub would be last on everyones list out of the three and for good reason. Please stop bringing them up in defense if schaub because it's asinine.
Seriously, it's like talking to a wall. We are supposed to not look at the way Schaub played the last 5 weeks, and accept him as a "good" QB because other great QBs lost this weekend?

Do y'all even watch the games? It's like talking to someone who just started watching football. This isn't rocket science, the problems are very clear for everyone with any football knowledge at all to see.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #86
fiasco west
Hall of Fame
 
fiasco west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,104
Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
First of all, they were 9-7 without Wade in 2009... Second, Wade is a good defensive coach and did a great thing for this organization, turning around the defense. However, as is with 90% of the coaches in the league, sometimes his limitations are exposed. The Patriots and Packers have done that again. He was unable to put the Texan defensive players in a position to be successful today... and last month... and on Monday night against Green Bay. Just stating the truth. I'm disappointed but not bitter. It was expected. The Texans were outclassed. I'm hopeful they come back stronger next year. This was the one matchup we couldn't win... and losing Cushing was insurmountable. With Kubiak/Phillips/Schaub leading the team, we will need some breaks to win the Superbowl... just like 29-30 other teams do each year.
I think Wade just needs more capable blitzers and guys that can get pressure.

The defense was amazing last year because it wasn't just Watt getting pressure but a ton of other guys.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #87
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,906
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Seriously, it's like talking to a wall. We are supposed to not look at the way Schaub played the last 5 weeks, and accept him as a "good" QB because other great QBs lost this weekend? Every game is different and every team requires a different and specific gameplan. You lean that early on watching NFL football and football in general.

Do y'all even watch the games? It's like talking to someone who just started watching football. This isn't rocket science, the problems are very clear for everyone with any football knowledge at all to see.
Blaming Schaub for not being Brady is silly. Schaub completed 34 passes for 350 yards and turned the ball over once. I'm under no illusion that he played great. However, he is not the reason why the Texans are done... unless you are blaming him because he isn't an all-time great.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #88
The Third Man
All Pro
 
The Third Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
First of all, they were 9-7 without Wade in 2009... Second, Wade is a good defensive coach and did a great thing for this organization, turning around the defense. However, as is with 90% of the coaches in the league, sometimes his limitations are exposed. The Patriots and Packers have done that again. He was unable to put the Texan defensive players in a position to be successful today... and last month... and on Monday night against Green Bay. Just stating the truth. I'm disappointed but not bitter. It was expected. The Texans were outclassed. I'm hopeful they come back stronger next year. This was the one matchup we couldn't win... and losing Cushing was insurmountable. With Kubiak/Phillips/Schaub leading the team, we will need some breaks to win the Superbowl... just like 29-30 other teams do each year.
I agree. Also, in defense of Wade, maybe they don't have the personnel to implement a zone. They need to get those players and mix in some new packages. The off-season should be about finding legit big play options on offense and finding ways to slow down the passing game.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #89
hradhak
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

I think our problem here is that we ran up against a team that we match up very poorly against. Our offense is never going to explode with Schaub. We are going to have accept that for at least the next year as I don't see Schaub being replaced. We need to get better WRs and TEs. There's not much else that we can do without completely blowing up this team.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #90
AJ-80
Veteran
 
AJ-80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 132
Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Matt Schaub is a super bowl quarterback. He's not. If we had a better option out there, I would go for it. But there isn't. Who do you want, Yates? Keenum? Hope for a lucky late round wonder at QB? There is too much money with Shaub at the moment to do anything w/ him. The productive thing to do would be to draft a WR in round 1 and hope he turns out to be a great player. Robert Woods, maybe?
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #91
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame
 
TexansSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 27
Posts: 8,600
Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Blaming Schaub for not being Brady is silly. Schaub completed 34 passes for 350 yards and turned the ball over once. I'm under no illusion that he played great. However, he is not the reason why the Texans are done... unless you are blaming him because he isn't an all-time great.
Who cares about passing yards? Your focusing on the wrong thing. Watch the football game and tell me if he made plays or not. That's what matters. Stats are what people who didn't watch the game or couldn't understand what they watched use to try to understand the game. Put the box score down and watch the damn game.

He doesn't need to be an all-time great. What kind of argument are you even making? Your saying that we shouldn't be worried about Schaub's play because only an all-time great could play better or make more plays? It makes no sense. Again, go watch the game again, you didn't understand what you were watching the first time around.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #92
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,554
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
BINGO. Exposing 3rd string, washed up ILBs to Tom Brady twice (in a month) to man coverage nearly every play of the game is assuring failure.
funny or not so funny thing happened when Texans went smaller, taking ILB's out & replacing with db's Belichick went big & started pounding the ball inside. For every move there is a counter move, makes no difference. We missed our field general, that was Cushing who is equivalent to QB on this defense. In the NFL great players make great plays. I thought Watt played well along with Connor Barwin who got hung out to dry in the backfield instead of making a tkfl.

Texans were actually snake bit @ ILB position this year, they made due with stop gap & depth players. No amount of coaching or motivation could overcome that fact especially facing Tom Brady who has a knack for picking on weakness.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #93
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,906
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I think Wade just needs more capable blitzers and guys that can get pressure.

The defense was amazing last year because it wasn't just Watt getting pressure but a ton of other guys.
They also avoided great QBs last year... Remember the Carolina game? The pressure was there most of the day (quickly) but the defense was manipulated out of position and confused anytime the Patriots needed a play on offense. The coaches put the players in a position to lose... Either they had to make a play, or they were going to get whooped badly for a big chunk of yards.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #94
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Blaming Schaub for not being Brady is silly. Schaub completed 34 passes for 350 yards and turned the ball over once. I'm under no illusion that he played great. However, he is not the reason why the Texans are done... unless you are blaming him because he isn't an all-time great.
Go back and read. The people comparing him to those guys are people defending him.

All time great would be nice, but I'd settle for a kaepernick or Russell Wilson type of player. Someone who put pressure on defenses all game long.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #95
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,906
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Who cares about passing yards? Your focusing on the wrong thing. Watch the football game and tell me if he made plays or not. That's what matters. Stats are what people who didn't watch the game or couldn't understand what they watched use to try to understand the game. Put the box score down and watch the damn game.
He made a number of plays:

1. throw for a should-be TD to Casy in 1st quarter.
2. 3rd and long conversion to AJ for 17 yards on deep cross
3. TD to Posey
4. a number of good conversions to TEs and AJ in the middle of the field.

The Texans scored 28 points and it could've been more. Schaub only turned it over once... How on earth can he be primarily responsible for the loss? That's crazy and that is an unrealistic expectation that will seldom be met in your lifetime by any QB likely to wear a Texan uniform (regardless of the coach, GM, owner, etc...)

Again, you guys keep blaming Schaub for not being great. He's good. "Greatness" suggests that it is rare. Schaub was better today than Peyton was yesterday. He led his team to more points and took better care of the ball... I'm not saying Schaub is as good as Peyton, only trying to reason with people blaming him for the loss. NEW ENGLAND SCORED 41 POINTs!!! That's why we lost!
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #96
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,566
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Who cares about passing yards? Your focusing on the wrong thing. Watch the football game and tell me if he made plays or not. That's what matters. Stats are what people who didn't watch the game or couldn't understand what they watched use to try to understand the game. Put the box score down and watch the damn game.

He doesn't need to be an all-time great. What kind of argument are you even making? Your saying that we shouldn't be worried about Schaub's play because only an all-time great could play better or make more plays? It makes no sense. Again, go watch the game again, you didn't understand what you were watching the first time around.
So what happened if Casey had made that catch for a TD?

Come one, Seminole, it wasn't like Brady didn't miss a few tbows himself.
In fact, most of the QBs in the play-offs had missed plenty of tbrows

The comparison with Peyton are even more valid, because those guys were supposed to carry their team, and not Schaub.

I don't understand why you don't take that point into serious considerations.

And again, you ought to remember that I'm one who has been looking for solution in upgrading the QB position the last couple of years, and that I had had two solid solutions offered in Kaepernick and Wilson; I am not a Schaub homer.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #97
Premier
All Pro
 
Premier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 943
Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Blaming Schaub for not being Brady is silly. Schaub completed 34 passes for 350 yards and turned the ball over once. I'm under no illusion that he played great. However, he is not the reason why the Texans are done... unless you are blaming him because he isn't an all-time great.
are you really using this stats to justify his performance.. he put up some yards after the game was well out of hand. when he had the opportunity to keep the texans in the game, he was fumbling off his leg and threw a pick. the first 13 points we had , schaub had little to do with those.. 2 good returns by manning, foster beasting for the TD, and graham converting on a FG he rarely makes..

miss me with the stats, i dont car ewhat schaub did after the game was over 38-13, schaub did what schaub does, compile meaningless stats that dont impact a game..

i believe we had the 13th rankesed defense in 2009, and thankfully the pats laid over after welker went down so we could finally have a winning season.. the 3 years before that 8-8.. maybe you should set the bar higher..
__________________
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #98
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Go back and read. The people comparing him to those guys are people defending him.

All time great would be nice, but I'd settle for a kaepernick or Russell Wilson type of player. Someone who put pressure on defenses all game long.
Someone who, when the pocket collapses or the play breaks down, you know they can go out and at least SERIOUSLY attempt to make something happen.

The most embarrassing play of today was when Matt tried to do what looked like a designed QB draw. Or not? Or something. But he was already going fetal as he took his first few steps forward. Was that an attempted dive? I dunno. But it looked really SAD.

Like one of those 44-year old QBs who sign on with a team to play one more time for old times' sake. They're hobbling around out there. Like Namath with the Rams. No chance whatsoever. But they try.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #99
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame
 
TexansSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 27
Posts: 8,600
Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
He made a number of plays:

1. throw for a should-be TD to Casy in 1st quarter.
2. 3rd and long conversion to AJ for 17 yards on deep cross
3. TD to Posey
4. a number of good conversions to TEs and AJ in the middle of the field.

The Texans scored 28 points and it could've been more. Schaub only turned it over once... How on earth can he be primarily responsible for the loss? That's crazy and that is an unrealistic expectation that will seldom be met in your lifetime by any QB likely to wear a Texan uniform (regardless of the coach, GM, owner, etc...)

Again, you guys keep blaming Schaub for not being great. He's good. "Greatness" suggests that it is rare. Schaub was better today than Peyton was yesterday. He led his team to more points and took better care of the ball... I'm not saying Schaub is as good as Peyton, only trying to reason with people blaming him for the loss. NEW ENGLAND SCORED 41 POINTs!!! That's why we lost!

My god, it's painful arguing with you. Read post #1. It states that the problem was both Schaub and Wade. So let's go ahead and clear that up as it should have even in post number 1. Learn to read, then respond.

You point out Schaub's throw to posey, the game is over at that point and NE is playing bend but don't break which is how we got down the field so quickly. If you hadn't realized that the game was over and that NE has now changed the way they are playin defense, your beyond talking to. You just don't get it or football. Again, it's simple football knowledge. This is not rocket science. The QBs need to make plays as the game is still in hand. When you need a momentum swing or need to take control of the game, it's on the QB. Always will be.

Now your comparing how many points Peyton scored vs Schaub in a different game against a different opponent. That is incredibly stupid. Sorry to say, but the best word to describe that is stupid.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #100
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,906
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Go back and read. The people comparing him to those guys are people defending him.

All time great would be nice, but I'd settle for a kaepernick or Russell Wilson type of player. Someone who put pressure on defenses all game long.
Wilson? You mean the guy that trailed the entire game before throwing for 350 yards and leading his team to 28 points and a loss?.. Yeah, that would be nice. Oh wait, that's exactly what Schaub did today.

Wilson and Kaepernick played great. They are exciting young players. And, I'd love the Texans to identify a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round of their caliber in the draft. Nothing is preventing that from happening, other than the fact that it's hard to find those guys. By the way, both offensive lines (Seattle and San Fran) are playing light years better than the Texan oline this season. How about Flacco? Do you want him? Does anyone honestly believe that Flacco played better than Schaub? Flacco has been to how many playoffs? How many Superbowls have the Ravens reached with him? Hmmm.

Name the QB you want and how to get him. I'm interested. I'd love a Russell Wilson clone!
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger