Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #301
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.
Stock market.

You have to run an NFL team like you would if you were in the stock market.

Number 1 problem most amateur investors have is....waiting on a dog to improve.

"DOG" stock is that favorite stock you have that you just KNOW is going to end up being the big winner. So you wait. And you wait. The value drops a little, no worries. You wait on it. Then it drops a bit more. It's really dogging it now, no upward trend...just steadily falling a little at a time. So you wait.

Because such an investor can't find it within himself to put his dog out of its misery. I mean, it's not THAT bad. At that point, you lose objectivity.

Schaub is a stock that is dogging it. It might bounce back two points, but it will drop 3 next week. So on and so forth.

Gary is loyal. Gary doesn't like taking the dog stocks to the NFL vet.
Old 01-13-2013   #302
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

All of this talk about replacing a QB is just that - talk. Shaub has 4 years, 60 million on his contract. There is no way in hell that anyone in management is going to waste all of that money. The problem isn't Shaub, the problem is that no one can *******ing play wide receiver besides Andre. Walter, Posey and Jean are just not cutting it. We HAVE to do something to get another receiver via either draft or trade to at least help.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #303
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
All of this talk about replacing a QB is just that - talk. Shaub has 4 years, 60 million on his contract. There is no way in hell that anyone in management is going to waste all of that money. The problem isn't Shaub, the problem is that no one can *******ing play wide receiver besides Andre. Walter, Posey and Jean are just not cutting it. We HAVE to do something to get another receiver via either draft or trade to at least help.
Seriously?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #304
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Stock market.

You have to run an NFL team like you would if you were in the stock market.

Number 1 problem most amateur investors have is....waiting on a dog to improve.

"DOG" stock is that favorite stock you have that you just KNOW is going to end up being the big winner. So you wait. And you wait. The value drops a little, no worries. You wait on it. Then it drops a bit more. It's really dogging it now, no upward trend...just steadily falling a little at a time. So you wait.

Because such an investor can't find it within himself to put his dog out of its misery. I mean, it's not THAT bad. At that point, you lose objectivity.

Schaub is a stock that is dogging it. It might bounce back two points, but it will drop 3 next week. So on and so forth.

Gary is loyal. Gary doesn't like taking the dog stocks to the NFL vet.
Well, no. That's pretty much wrong.

It's more like we have a decent stock. If you can find a better one then lets do it. The reality is, however, that it isn't easy to find a better one.

The best best is to draft a player with potential and hope it pans out.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #305
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Come on now, do you guys expect Gary to say something extreme to media right after NE game? Likely Gary really thinks Matt is good enough but, when you give enough time to rethink about situation, people tend to change their mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
When we got rid of Carr I think Gary said the sane things.

Schaub isn't going anywhere, but even if he was gary's not coming out right after the game and even hinting at the possibility.
I think a lot of coaches and owners and GMs say "He's our man" and that's a sign that things are about to change for the guy they say they support.

I just think Kubiak really MEANS it. That's the problem.

Gary is not coach-speak when it comes to his loyalty to his players. From brain to mouth, ain't no mind tricks being played about this by Gary.

Anybody see Tate tonight? Forsett? Hell, I'm even worried about how Wade waits until the end of the game to put Mercilus into action.

This is an organization that travels at the pace of a glacier....no sudden moves, no quick-twitch reactions. And some people say the result in the field is ON THE PLAYERS? Who taught them to not worry, hakuna matata! No worries for the rest of your life?!?!

Tate is as good as gone. And I don't blame him. For as good as he might have it on this team, he probably is just a bit hungrier than the status quo. I think there's a lot of bad **** going on there with Tate and Kubiak and the whole fallout that's been happening with it all.

But, the crew on Kirby are C.I.A.'ish about it. Nothing to see here...we're just, uh, running an exercise, that's all. Pay no attention to what you see. Things are fine! Fine, I tell ya'. Right track and all that jazz, Texans Worthy!

Watching JJ Watt is about the only thing I can count upon bringing me any really satisfaction as a fan. And I said that, too, about Cushing. Same person those two. Relentless, professional from beginning to end, would die for everyone if they had to. Leave nothing on the field. Balls to the wall. 24/7.

This team, and I've said it awhile now, it MUST get a superstar QB who can basically go out, win, and make it on his own...without needing Gary's approval for every single thing. You have to have a QB, here, who is not afraid to show up the head coach. Good luck on THAT happening, btw.
Old 01-13-2013   #306
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Well, no. That's pretty much wrong.

It's more like we have a decent stock. If you can find a better one then lets do it. The reality is, however, that it isn't easy to find a better one.

The best best is to draft a player with potential and hope it pans out.
No, a better stock manager is needed.

Ours is sticking with a dog stock, which happens to be maybe the most important stock.

He's stuck. If he bails on Schaub, he admits he failed. Then he has to regain trust by going out and getting "the next guy" to make things better. And if they don't get better, he thinks it's on him. For real, this time. So he's guilty of watching out for himself more than anything.

He's paralyzed in so many ways. His play calling, his inability to shake things up at QB, the uncertainty of going in a new direction.

Harbaugh, love him or hate him, he's trying to improve at the cost of maybe making the wrong pick at QB. He even brought in another kicker to push his veteran kicker. I don't personally like they guy, but from a football standpoint, in terms of TODAY'S NFL, I understand his thinking. I applaud it. Because he's in the NFCC game. We're discussing whether or not Matt Schaub can progress or not. And how there isn't another QB out there to take his place. Allegedly.

Didn't stop 49ers and Seahawks from taking a gamble on a couple of stocks that could replace a stock that was dogging it for awhile. Payoff!

Russell Wilson overcame multiple Lynch fumbles today, and overcame his porous defense that was letting the 49ers score at will. Wilson almost willed that team to victory.

Foster almost willed us to victory today, as did AJ, which they did last year too in the same divisional round as this year.

Imagine if we really had a QB who could move AND throw. Imagine it.
Old 01-13-2013   #307
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Seriously?
I'm not saying Matt Schaub is a super bowl quarterback. He's not. If we had a better option out there, I would go for it. But there isn't. Who do you want, Yates? Keenum? Hope for a lucky late round wonder at QB? There is too much money with Shaub at the moment to do anything w/ him. The productive thing to do would be to draft a WR in round 1 and hope he turns out to be a great player. Robert Woods, maybe?
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #308
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, a better stock manager is needed.

Ours is sticking with a dog stock, which happens to be maybe the most important stock.

He's stuck. If he bails on Schaub, he admits he failed. Then he has to regain trust by going out and getting "the next guy" to make things better. And if they don't get better, he thinks it's on him. For real, this time. So he's guilty of watching out for himself more than anything.

He's paralyzed in so many ways. His play calling, his inability to shake things up at QB, the uncertainty of going in a new direction.

Harbaugh, love him or hate him, he's trying to improve at the cost of maybe making the wrong pick at QB. He even brought in another kicker to push his veteran kicker. I don't personally like they guy, but from a football standpoint, in terms of TODAY'S NFL, I understand his thinking. I applaud it. Because he's in the NFCC game. We're discussing whether or not Matt Schaub can progress or not. And how there isn't another QB out there to take his place. Allegedly.

Didn't stop 49ers and Seahawks from taking a gamble on a couple of stocks that could replace a stock that was dogging it for awhile. Payoff!

Russell Wilson overcame multiple Lynch fumbles today, and overcame his porous defense that was letting the 49ers score at will. Wilson almost willed that team to victory.

Foster almost willed us to victory today, as did AJ, which they did last year too in the same divisional round as this year.

Imagine if we really had a QB who could move AND throw. Imagine it.
Imagining is great, but how do you make it reality? I would hope that our FO looks at an upgrade, but it's really not as easy to find one as you make it seem. I hope we use a first or second round pick on a QB, but that is far from a guarantee that there is an improvement.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #309
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it GP, and agree wholeheartedly. How do teams like San Fran and Seattle do it, yet the Texans seem to get the Carrs and Schaubs?
Schaub was just a tiny step up from Carr. We need a monumental step up from Schaub. This team will never compete with the likes of Green Bay, NE, San Fran, Seattle, New York, if that one major issue is not addressed.
Maybe they should send some scouts to San Fran and Seattle to see how exactly they were able to do what Houston Cannot.
Thinking back on the Oilers, did they ever acquire that elite QB?
Pastorini, nope.
Ken Stabler, just a tad washed up when we got him, if I recall correctly.
Warren, good, probably better than Schaub.
Nobody wants to compare the Oilers to our Texans.
Quote:
the Oilers had their first winning season of the decade going 10-4 but did not make the playoffs. Injuries and inadequate offense doomed them to a 5-9 season in 1976
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #310
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Still looking at results instead of how the team plays....

Flacco, San Fran, and Denver were better teams this year.

Denver got a first round bye with manning and were competitive against a good ravens team. They were a few plays from winning. Yeah the results are the same, but that doesnt mean Tebow = Peyton.

T
Tebow played better in last year's play-offs than Peyton did this year. If you're "watching them pay" you can't deny that. The Broncos exited the play-offs in the exact same spot they exited last year, same as us.

If I'm a Broncos fan, with the attitude you guys have, I'm wondering why in the heck we signed & hamstrung our team with this crippled Forest Gump has been, when we had the future of the NFL on our team.

Yeah, we'd have to run the pistol offense, or the option every now & then, but that dude was ball'n.

Think about it Rey, there isn't much difference between saying that & saying we're screwed with Schaub. I know what Manning has done in the past, & this year's Manning delivered pretty much his norm.... 1 & done in the play offs.

In the Playoffs, 290 yards, 3 TDs, 2 Ints, 1 lost fumble......

At least his special teams scored 14 points for him & he still lost.

If our ST would have scored 14 points for us we'd have scored the required 42 points to beat the Patriots.
Old 01-13-2013   #311
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Let TJ start the season, if we see that he's not getting it done put Schuab back in and let him finish
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #312
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Houston, we have a Schaublem.

And this sums up my feelings.. I'm sorry I tried to be positive when Matt was having a good first few games, then he reverted. I don't know if it's Kubiak that's the constant check down, check down, don't make the mistake. Or if Matt just won't let it fly...

This is how I feel though..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #313
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston, we have a Schaublem.

Does anyone remember the Broncos game? I honestly thought we had our QB there for a second.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #314
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the "Houston we have a problem" quote so much. The only thing that saved you from neg rep was the awesome kotex pic.
Old 01-13-2013   #315
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I must say, many of the criticisms I have read about Schaub the last 4 weeks sound amazingly the same as some of the criticisms that were being raised about David carr his last two seasons here. Kinda makes me wonder if the old QB Guru Kubiak actually turns QB's great or if maybe the reason he couldn't work with Carr was because Carr was already what his finished product would be...
However, I also am wondering if anybody really believed the Texans had a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of beating the Pats tonight. The better team clearly won the game.
At any rate all of our disgust is for naught. After a 12-4 season neither Schaub nor Kubiak are going anywhere
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #316
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think a lot of coaches and owners and GMs say "He's our man" and that's a sign that things are about to change for the guy they say they support.

I just think Kubiak really MEANS it. That's the problem.

Gary is not coach-speak when it comes to his loyalty to his players. From brain to mouth, ain't no mind tricks being played about this by Gary.

Anybody see Tate tonight? Forsett? Hell, I'm even worried about how Wade waits until the end of the game to put Mercilus into action.

This is an organization that travels at the pace of a glacier....no sudden moves, no quick-twitch reactions. And some people say the result in the field is ON THE PLAYERS? Who taught them to not worry, hakuna matata! No worries for the rest of your life?!?!

Tate is as good as gone. And I don't blame him. For as good as he might have it on this team, he probably is just a bit hungrier than the status quo. I think there's a lot of bad **** going on there with Tate and Kubiak and the whole fallout that's been happening with it all.

But, the crew on Kirby are C.I.A.'ish about it. Nothing to see here...we're just, uh, running an exercise, that's all. Pay no attention to what you see. Things are fine! Fine, I tell ya'. Right track and all that jazz, Texans Worthy!

Watching JJ Watt is about the only thing I can count upon bringing me any really satisfaction as a fan. And I said that, too, about Cushing. Same person those two. Relentless, professional from beginning to end, would die for everyone if they had to. Leave nothing on the field. Balls to the wall. 24/7.

This team, and I've said it awhile now, it MUST get a superstar QB who can basically go out, win, and make it on his own...without needing Gary's approval for every single thing. You have to have a QB, here, who is not afraid to show up the head coach. Good luck on THAT happening, btw.
I hear you GP. Like I said. Currently Gary is likely meant what he said about Matt however, give some time and reality may kicks in for Gary. I really like for us to look for QB with legs and a decent arm strength. If Matt had some legs today, the game would be much closer IMO.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #317
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I must say, many of the criticisms I have read about Schaub the last 4 weeks sound amazingly the same as some of the criticisms that were being raised about David carr his last two seasons here. Kinda makes me wonder if the old QB Guru Kubiak actually turns QB's great or if maybe the reason he couldn't work with Carr was because Carr was already what his finished product would be...
However, I also am wondering if anybody really believed the Texans had a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of beating the Pats tonight. The better team clearly won the game.
At any rate all of our disgust is for naught. After a 12-4 season neither Schaub nor Kubiak are going anywhere
And rightly so.
Old 01-13-2013   #318
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Tebow played better in last year's play-offs than Peyton did this year. If you're "watching them pay" you can't deny that.
No point in debating if you think Tebow played better than manning in last years play offs.

Tebow did nothing until he threw that short slant that Thomas took the distance. Against the patriots he was awful.

But using your logic, Matt got no further and did nothing that Yates didn't do. In fact Yates was actually closer to winning than schaub was.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #319
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
And rightly so.
Not Matt. He needs to take the next train out of houston.
Old 01-13-2013   #320
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
Love it GP, and agree wholeheartedly. How do teams like San Fran and Seattle do it, yet the Texans seem to get the Carrs and Schaubs?
Schaub was just a tiny step up from Carr. We need a monumental step up from Schaub. This team will never compete with the likes of Green Bay, NE, San Fran, Seattle, New York, if that one major issue is not addressed.
Maybe they should send some scouts to San Fran and Seattle to see how exactly they were able to do what Houston Cannot.
Thinking back on the Oilers, did they ever acquire that elite QB?
Pastorini, nope.
Ken Stabler, just a tad washed up when we got him, if I recall correctly.
Warren, good, probably better than Schaub.
Nobody wants to compare the Oilers to our Texans.
Isn't it funny that you mention Seattle as one of the NFL elites? Seriously, two years ago many people thought of them as a joke. Even last year they were just that team that was on the verge of making the next step. They rolled the dice, traded for a QB that as a back-up to AAron rogers showed a lot of promise then rolled the dice again and drafted the rookie that became the starter. They have gone from near joke to NFL elite in about 3 years. All the while the Texans have been trudging along at a snails pace...always on the right track.
Oh well, I guess for some 12-4 and winning one play-off game is good enough.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read