Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 2013; Can't wait

I'm just as disappointed as you, but I'm looking forward to next season.

A lot of things didn't go our way, but we managed to win 13 games & the division anyway. Our outside pass rush, big concern in the off-season, never panned out. WR#2 another big concern, never panned out. I think our DBs look better than they did at the beginning of the year.

I think our OL is going to be better in 2013. Brooks will probably start at RG, but I like Ben Jones... I think Newton will be our RT. We'll have one of the better OL in the league again.

I still think we win the division, even with Luck & Colts breathing down our necks.

Some things are going to go our way, some things won't. We'll have some breaks, we'll have some heart aches.

But it's going to be a helluva ride.
Old 01-13-2013   #2
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013; Can't wait

yea cant wait to schlepp through the playoffs and beat the bengals again then see our owner give another extension to matt schaub and gary kubiak.

unless we get a new qb and new coach,

its going to be another early exit from the playoffs.

its excruciating to be a texan fan knowing you have the talent to go further but the qb and coach is holding you back.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

What concerns me the most, we really had a good deal of fortune on our side this year. While the Cushing injury really hurt, none of our other key players were lost for prolonged periods (yes, we got whacked at ILB). The schedule really played out favorably for us. And I thought the AFC and our division in particular were down (something I expect to change next season and going forward).

This was a season we really needed to make a deep run...no guarantees for the future.
Old 01-13-2013   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was in Houston id be at IAH to cheer the team when they land. We are a team in position 5-8 of 32. Great season. Disappointed with the finish, but still a great year
Old 01-13-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
This was a season we really needed to make a deep run...no guarantees for the future.
We've been saying the same thing for the last three years. & it was true, the Colts with Manning weren't tearing it up.

To me, this is like Chess. Or whatever.... I'm not going to win every chess match. Hopefully I'll learn from my losses & grow as a player.

We're in no different position than Denver. I still believe they are one of the better teams in the league. They've got Manning, but at the end of the day, Manning didn't do any better than Schaub.... heck, he actually played worse even though the Broncos scored more points. (The Broncos only scored 24 against a weakened Baltimore defense). We got as far as Rogers who lost to a first time starter.

There's only one winner every year, 32 losers. We're a loser again, but I'm optimistic about 2013.
Old 01-13-2013   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm is schaub our qb? If so no need to be excited.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Amen.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2013   #8
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
What concerns me the most, we really had a good deal of fortune on our side this year. While the Cushing injury really hurt, none of our other key players were lost for prolonged periods (yes, we got whacked at ILB). The schedule really played out favorably for us. And I thought the AFC and our division in particular were down (something I expect to change next season and going forward).

Last year the team had more talent if you ask me.

I mean just if Mario stays healthy and by the time the playoffs came around Watt was a beast...I can't even imagine a front 7 of Cushing, Ryans, Reed, 2011 Barwin, Watt, Smith, and Mario.

There would be no doubling Watt with Mario and he's still a beast DE when he's healthy.

Not only that but we let go of two really good linemen. IMO they had a real shot at it last year had they not had so many injuries.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #9
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
yea cant wait to schlepp through the playoffs and beat the bengals again then see our owner give another extension to matt schaub and gary kubiak.

unless we get a new qb and new coach,

its going to be another early exit from the playoffs.

its excruciating to be a texan fan knowing you have the talent to go further but the qb and coach is holding you back.
Good News! You don't have to! Send an undeniable message to that crook McNair and vote with your feet. Support a real team like the Niners or Patriots who won't take your support for granted and will do everything necessary to win

You can do it!!
Old 01-13-2013   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

The one thing I'd be worried about and I saw Herv and some others allude to it is, how many times do you hold the keys to the kingdom? Meaning homefield and running the playoffs. Next year will the Colts be better, will the Jags do anything...can the Titans turn it around. Every year is a surprise so you really need to take advantage while you can. You might be as good but others may rise up. So next year should be a break through but you always rue years like this.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-13-2013 at 09:45 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #11
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The one thing I'd be worried about and I saw Herv and some others allude to it is, how many times do you cold the keys to the kingdom? Meaning homefield and running the playoffs. Next year will the Colts be better, will the Jags do anything...can the Titans turn it around. Every year is a surprise so you really need to take advantage while you can. You might be as good but others may rise up. So next year should be a break through but you always rue years like this.
That is true too.

That is why they say in the NFL you are either getting better or worse. I think they lost a lot of talent last year and are trying to replace it now.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

so depressing to think no texans football till september!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
so depressing to think no texans football till september!
More like a relief to me. No more Oilers like meltdowns for 11 more months.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #14
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait for Cushing to come back

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I remember very well, being extremely entertained & leaving Reliant happy after sharing a wonderful day with my family, 7 out of 9 times this year.

I also remember sharing days with my family on away games, barbecuing, drinking, just hanging, 6 of 9 times this year.

I had a blast. I talked some ****. I enjoyed myself.

I felt sorry for those guys who would cry themselves to sleep after we won, but enjoyed myself none the less.

I've even got a headstart on my season tickets bill.
Old 01-13-2013   #16
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this is where im at. i feel like staying with him will be another wasted season.. sure we will win 12-13 games next year then fluff out behind our soft as baby shiet qb..
Old 01-13-2013   #17
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

we won't win a super bowl so whats the point of even cheering for the texans and following this team?

i'm just gonna be a fan of whatever team wins the super bowl this year.

/sarcasm.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #18
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Yay. Another year of being the San Diego Chargers of the south.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #19
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know about you, but I remember very well, being extremely entertained & leaving Reliant happy after sharing a wonderful day with my family, 7 out of 9 times this year.

I also remember sharing days with my family on away games, barbecuing, drinking, just hanging, 6 of 9 times this year.

I had a blast. I talked some ****. I enjoyed myself.

I felt sorry for those guys who would cry themselves to sleep after we won, but enjoyed myself none the less.

I've even got a headstart on my season tickets bill.
We had a good season. I'm satisfied with getting to the playoffs. I want us to win every year, but guess what? the Colts had Peyton freakin' Manning and only won it once. We're close, and I think we have to change our conservative philosophy to play more aggressive against teams that have good offenses. Even so, this team has a lot going for it. Can't wait till next season.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

can't wait till the draft and FA ... done with football till then... bring on the NHL go jets(winnipeg) go
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read