Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #261
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Tex is a schaub fan
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #262
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Tex is a schaub fan
I do tv think he is anymore.
Old 01-13-2013   #263
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

He sucks.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #264
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
so who do ya'll like in the draft?

preferably someone with a big arm and 4.5 speed.
I like Taj boyd outta Clemson
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #265
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

We gotta find us a 3rd or 4th round gem this year at the QB position. Schaub hit his ceiling couple of seasons ago.
Old 01-13-2013   #266
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
I like Taj boyd outta Clemson
i though he said he was staying at clemson?

i'd had my eye on him as well.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #267
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i though he said he was staying at clemson?

i'd had my eye on him as well.
Yeah he's going back for his senior year I forgot.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #268
MasterCush
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 MasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame BallotMasterCush is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

I'm not saying we should throw him under the bus completely but we do need a QB that can actually extend passes and has some feet. Schaub dropped the ball today and nobody even touched him. He's too scared of taking hits if the pocket even shrinks a little bit. Early in the season he showed some poise but after he took some big hits he just curls up too fast now.
MasterCush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #269
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCush View Post
I'm not saying we should throw him under the bus completely but we do need a QB that can actually extend passes and has some feet. Schaub dropped the ball today and nobody even touched him. He's too scared of taking hits if the pocket even shrinks a little bit. Early in the season he showed some poise but after he took some big hits he just curls up too fast now.
Repped
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #270
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

AT the very least you need to bring in a guy to challenge Schaub.

Draft a QB in the early rounds or pick up a guy...EVEN if it is something crazy like oh say Vick. They can't go into next year and have Schaub as the guy locked in stone. Sometimes that extra competition is all a guy needs.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #271
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Now, now, you know ol' Texecutioner is gonna come in here and lecture you on what a bad move that would be if you keep up that kind of posting. Don't you know that replacing Matt Schaub with anyone but Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would just be a lateral move and waste of time?

haha nice post and very accurate
Old 01-13-2013   #272
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013QB.php
Old 01-13-2013   #273
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Vick would be an upgrade over Shaub. In fact, just looking at a list of starting QBs in the NFL, I firmly believe half of them would have better success with this team than Shaub. I'm so done with him...
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #274
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

welp
Old 01-13-2013   #275
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting to agree with a buddy of mine, who said earlier that he thinks there was an undisclosed injury to Schaub about six weeks or so ago.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #276
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is good but not great. He is not the QB to take the Texans to the next level.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #277
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Now, now, you know ol' Texecutioner is gonna come in here and lecture you on what a bad move that would be if you keep up that kind of posting. Don't you know that replacing Matt Schaub with anyone but Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would just be a lateral move and waste of time?

He knows, he knows there's no defending him now, especially after two play off games. Schaub is what we've known him to be for a long time. No what ifs anymore, no doubt anymore.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #278
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

welp

It's just a media quote. The last thing he's going to say is they will look at it.

I mean Harbaugh for the 9ers was still saying Alex Smith was the guy until recently.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #279
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Tex is a schaub fan
You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #280
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Matt Shaub gots to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Heck we were in this game at the half despite his atrocious play in the first half. Arian and Manning are the only reasons this is close. We could have Arian take a direct snap at qb every down and be closer than we are now.
We were in this game at the half because of Matt Schaub's play at the end of the half. We needed more of that.

We got away from it & I can kinda understand, after Brady marched down the field to start the second half, Kubiak wanted to keep the ball out of his hands.

We won the T.O.P..... by a little over 2 minutes. Most likely because the Patriots took a few knees (??) but we didn't score.

I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I don't see us getting rid of him or bringing in competition or a future replacement. Hopefully we can get rid of Walter & go more 4 & 5 WR sets.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read