Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013   #1901
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (3) Texans @ (2) Patriots 3:30. 1/13. **Official Divisional GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If I were Bob McNair , I'd be like Brent Musberger on a hot chick calling name coaches .

Nice one.
Old 01-13-2013   #1902
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (3) Texans @ (2) Patriots 3:30. 1/13. **Official Divisional GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Career changing. I was excited about Posey until hearing this. We need to draft another WR now.
he'll come back but its doubtful he will gain full explosion in that leg. can be healed 100% but very hard injury to come back from
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1903
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Back when this happened to DeMeco, CnD said that a best case scenario for recovery is to regain about 80% of explosiveness. How that is gauged I don't know.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1904
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Because Schaub would probably check down to the center.
Funny.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1905
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, if it's just TORN it's 6-8 weeks, is it not? I don't know. Maybe CND will drop in an give us some knowledge.
too bad for him. After surgery, do they pretty much gain the proper function and mobility or does it become a nagging thing.....
Old 01-13-2013   #1906
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow...we didn't take a knee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
I can't remember the last time we didn't play it safe and take a knee towards the end of a half before...and look!!!

Points!
It's the playoff's. Despite what some say, Kubiak did a good job getting his statue qb though the regular season by not having him take chances when it didn't really matter. Now when he needed to step up and have the team take some chances, he did. Only question is, Was that qb worth protecting?
Old 01-13-2013   #1907
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"
Shoot me
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1908
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Shoot me
Sounds like the dreaded "vote of confidence" just before a coach gets fired or a player gets traded.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1909
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Where are the draftniks?
We need some names!
Yep, hope one of our draftniks to start thread strictly focus on QB. Because, I ain't no expert.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1910
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Shoot me
I think he has to say that at this juncture. I don't know what else he could have said in the losing locker room just minutes after the season ended.

Having said that this is, after all, Kubes. The guy gets a thumbs-up after his shortcomings and I wonder if McNair's tolerance has a trickle down effect.

I don't want this to be an Astros-like situation where love rules the day. At some point business decisions need to be made.
Old 01-13-2013   #1911
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub didn't play good enough, but there needs to be more concern for the defense. Defense didn't make stops when needed. Why ILBs were covering running backs are beyond me. Why they weren't prepared for the hurry up is beyond me. Why Harris is on their best receiver is beyond me.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #1912
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I think he has to say that at this juncture. I don't know what else he could have said in the losing locker room just minutes after the season ended.
at least it sounds better than, "heck yeah Bob, I can win with David Carr".

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #1913
dmello
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 dmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 View Post
the 2 no name RBs are destroying us
Not really, If you watched these 2 guys all year you know they can run.
dmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #1914
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 19780 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

lets face it, were stuck with schaub 2-4 years.
if we can get back to that offensive line that can dance, we'll do better.

i remember the OLine used to run right or left and cutting the opposing D-Line making big holes for arian.

did that strategy leave with brisiel and winston?
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #1915
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

winston did not do that well with kc so I think letting him walk was not a bad idea.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #1916
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417Texan View Post
winston did not do that well with kc so I think letting him walk was not a bad idea.
He was never an elite OL. He was a great fit in this system and that's why he was so successful. I'm not surprised he went somewhere else and didn't play as well.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #1917
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 35903 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Just watched Inside the NFL on Showtime for the last time.

In this game we won the time of possession 31:24 to 28:36.

On the game highlights during the show, the Patriots won the TOP 5:02 to 0:00.

Yep, zero Texans offensive plays shown. That's not bias, that's deliberate humiliation.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #1918
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster had some nice runs. And the opening kickoff by Manning was noteworthy.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #1919
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Just watched Inside the NFL on Showtime for the last time.

In this game we won the time of possession 31:24 to 28:36.

On the game highlights during the show, the Patriots won the TOP 5:02 to 0:00.

Yep, zero Texans offensive plays shown. That's not bias, that's deliberate humiliation.
lmao at 'winning the time of possession'. We turn the ball over on downs early in the 4th quarter. Patriots score in one play, then with 13:05 on the clock and great field position because Manning runs the ball to the PATRIOT 37 yard line.....we furiously run time off the clock and finally score at the 5 min mark (37 yard drive)...lol at time of possession.

There is no bias here and I wish this fanbase and team would stop wanting a pat on the back for "participation" and winning the TOP. I can't wait till they have the Time of Possession Bowl. We ought to knock 'em dead.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read