Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-13-2013   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Interesting read. I didn't know whether NFL section was the place or NSZ

Quote:
Thirteen years ago, Ray Lewis was in the back of a limousine speeding down an Atlanta street, leaving the chaos of what would become a notorious murder scene.
Today, Ray Lewis prepares to play his final minutes in the NFL as one of the most celebrated and iconic players in league history.
These are two sets of indisputable facts, facts that don't seem to connect in any meaningful way. To accept one set, you have to virtually ignore the other. It just doesn't make sense, no matter which angle you take. How does a man implicated in a double homicide end up receiving a congratulatory bear hug from the NFL commissioner in front of thousands of fans wearing his No. 52 jersey? From the other direction: How could a man who's done so much for his team and his community still be held accountable for a tragedy for which he was absolved?
From any angle, though, this question looms over the entire life and career of Ray Lewis: How on earth did he get here from there?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ho...201947666.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #2
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

The USA Today piece was also interesting, and a bit more fact-laden, except for this rather jarring comment from a relative of one dead victim:

Cindy Lollar-Owens, Richard Lollar's aunt, says Lewis' pending retirement prompted her Thursday to visit the funeral home, "because that's where my nephew retired."

Ouch. That one hit home.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Because he is a great player and charismatic. And because it was not proven that Ray-Ray did anything.

It sucks, but them's the breaks.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #4
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't find him charismatic. I find him to be an awesome player with one of the most narcissistic, look-at-me, can't-pass-up-a-microphone personalities I can think of in modern sports. He just cannot shut up.

At a certain point it stops looking like passion and looks more like somebody trying a little too hard to compensate for something on their conscience. Wonder what that might be, exactly?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
I don't find him charismatic. I find him to be an awesome player with one of the most narcissistic, look-at-me, can't-pass-up-a-microphone personalities I can think of in modern sports. He just cannot shut up.

At a certain point it stops looking like passion and looks more like somebody trying a little too hard to compensate for something on their conscience. Wonder what that might be, exactly?
Narcissistic? We talking about the same guy??

All I see is a guy that the media goes after all of the time because they knows that he's the leader of that organization and the spokes person. Anyone in that organization mad over that? You see a ton of Ravens players getting into trouble and making an embarrassment of themselves? Nope. Ray's leadership over there has been unquestionably positive on that entire organization. The guy is usually preaching about positivity, god, or giving inspirational speeches about his team. You've got to be a complete hater to bash the guy for all of that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #6
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like him as a player - but man this whole thing sucks. Nobody but a collected few who were there really knows what happened, but it sure feels like a rich man in the spotlight could just use his name and money to get out of that mess - for which others would have to go to prison for many years and lose their job. Cheering for such a man is hard to stomach if you ask me...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-13-2013   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Difference between Mike Vick and Ray Lewis? Lewis had better friends. That's why he didn't go to jail. Friends took the heat, he made the money, and paid them off behind the scenes.

Think what you want but Ray is an NFL icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #9
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Narcissistic? We talking about the same guy??

All I see is a guy that the media goes after all of the time because they knows that he's the leader of that organization and the spokes person. Anyone in that organization mad over that? You see a ton of Ravens players getting into trouble and making an embarrassment of themselves? Nope. Ray's leadership over there has been unquestionably positive on that entire organization. The guy is usually preaching about positivity, god, or giving inspirational speeches about his team. You've got to be a complete hater to bash the guy for all of that.
Ok I'm a hater. Is that similar to a Kubiak hater?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #10
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Public opinion is a *****. Those Duke kids will never live down that rape case either
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #11
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Personally I find his ra ra inspiration to be more BS than anything else. Being a great player doesn't undo what you did or were a part of. He was involved in the murders of two men. Being a hall of famer, morivational speaker and rediculous pre game ballerina doesn't blind me what he did. Innocent men don't settle out of court in my eyes.
Old 01-13-2013   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Innocent men don't settle out of court in my eyes.
I repectfully disagree. A jury of your peers relying of facts isn't a gimmie.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm in this camp. Agree completely.
Old 01-13-2013   #14
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Personally I find his ra ra inspiration to be more BS than anything else. Being a great player doesn't undo what you did or were a part of. He was involved in the murders of two men. Being a hall of famer, morivational speaker and rediculous pre game ballerina doesn't blind me what he did. Innocent men don't settle out of court in my eyes.

Innocent people settle all the damn time. It often times come down to cost vs potential risk. If you dont understand this then you clearly don't understand how the world works
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #15
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm in this camp. Agree completely.
me too........

when he walks by a camera or a microphone...I'm like:

Old 01-13-2013   #16
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

"How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?" Because through God's grace and mercy we are redeemed. Ray Lewis is a Christian, and God has great things instore for believers.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #17
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
"How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?" Because through God's grace and mercy we are redeemed. Ray Lewis is a Christian, and God has great things instore for believers.
Not to start a religious debate, but don't underestimate money and lawyers.

If it weren't for that (if he were a regular Joe), he'd be practicing his faith in Prison.
Old 01-13-2013   #18
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Not to start a religious debate, but don't underestimate money and lawyers.

If it weren't for that (if he were a regular Joe), he'd be practicing his faith in Prison.
Jeff Skilling, Andrew Fastow, and some others who once called Enron home would disagree with you.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #19
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jeff Skilling, Andrew Fastow, and some others who once called Enron home would disagree with you.

true

msr
Old 01-13-2013   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So murder is ok... if you are a Christian?

Sounds good.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read