Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #61
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You quoted the whole post.... but didn't read the whole thing.

Not a lot I can do for you.
Help yourself first.

Morons that believe the NE offense is the least of the Texans worries are seriously out to lunch.
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tom Brady's first read.

I still say taking away his headbands and hair products will do the most damage to his psyche.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #63
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm all for being aggressive & ruthless & all that.... but why bring the kicker into this?

I'm ok with taking a 15 yard penalty for a RTP penalty, just don't see what abusing their kicker has to do with getting into Brady's head.
It's a stealth approach to break the kicker's leg and tell Tom he's next . You can break the trainers leg and tell Bill he's next . It's the way John Gotti coached Pop Warner .
Old 01-13-2013   #64
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just heard the best analysis of how to play Tom Brady that I've ever heard. I've been hearing a lot of stup1d analysis, like you can't play man coverage to beat him.

I'm listening to Seth Payne & Ted Johnson (??) on 610am right now & they just said the only thing that makes sense.
  1. We don't play zone; we're about to play the second best QB of our lifetime & we're supposed to all of a sudden be able to play zone coverages at the level that's going to be required to beat him? I don't think so.

San Francisco did it... but we're not San Francisco. We don't have their linemen, we don't have their LBs, we don't have their safeties... yeah, our guys have strengths theirs do not (maybe not at the ILB position) but we don't have what they have that allows them to play excellent zone coverage. We just don't

Wrong

SF played man - to - man in the first half and shut Brady down. It was not zone. SF changed to zone in the 2nd half and Brady was able to move the ball.

This Bleacher report article was written by people like yourself (so take it with a grain of salt) nevertheless, it is correct in the fact that SF was in MAN first half and ZONE second half.

Enjoy http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-49ers-defense
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #65
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
Wrong

SF played man - to - man in the first half and shut Brady down. It was not zone. SF changed to zone in the 2nd half and Brady was able to move the ball.

This Bleacher report article was written by people like yourself (so take it with a grain of salt) nevertheless, it is correct in the fact that SF was in MAN first half and ZONE second half.

Enjoy http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-49ers-defense
SF ILBs can cover is what I recall .
Old 01-13-2013   #66
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I think the Texans just got called for a 15 yd penalty.....and the game hasn't even started.

Why?

Because it's Tom Brady

Any and every opportunity, bring pressure on TB and knock the shhhh it out of him.
Yawn.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #67
patsfan13
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 patsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respected

That is the problem for the Texans, they don't do much to disguise their coverage on a particular so the first read is determined by the pre snap read. Same for Welker Gronk Hernandez and so on, the routes are determined first by pre snap read and them by the reaction.

A couple of years ago Mangini beat the Pats while with Cleveland he had his people wandering around so Brady could get a pre snap read this is part of the reason they went to the hurry up.

They HAve to get consistent pressure up the middle while rushing 4 do that and you have a chance. The Ravens and Giants have been good at that and they give the PAts a tough time.
patsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan13 View Post
That is the problem for the Texans, they don't do much to disguise their coverage on a particular so the first read is determined by the pre snap read. Same for Welker Gronk Hernandez and so on, the routes are determined first by pre snap read and them by the reaction.
True...... but I don't think it's for a lack of trying. We're just not good at it.
Old 01-13-2013   #69
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats are not invincible. Texans must play within themselves and I am talking about MS. If he starts trying to force it and make throws he is not capable of making it could get ugly fast . No penalties especially those that take away big plays or keep Brady on the field.
We need a couple of big plays on offense and a couple of TOs on defense and no TOs on offense.
We need to win in the trenches.
What I have said above is well within reason.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
The Pats are not invincible. Texans must play within themselves and I am talking about MS. If he starts trying to force it and make throws he is not capable of making it could get ugly fast . No penalties especially those that take away big plays or keep Brady on the field.
We need a couple of big plays on offense and a couple of TOs on defense and no TOs on offense.
We need to win in the trenches.
What I have said above is well within reason.
I still think we're the most balanced team in the league. We've come out throwing the ball several times this year.

But I agree, Schaub doesn't extend plays, he doesn't need to start doing that today. He doesn't force the ball, he doesn't need to do that today.... at least, not until he needs to.

My biggest complaint of Matt, is that he doesn't seem to play with the urgency I think he needs. Every drive needs to end in a TD, every third down needs to be converted. I know noone scores on every possession & no one ever converts every third down, but some QBs play like it & others don't.

I don't want Matt to play that way today. I want him to play his game, but better than he's ever played it before.
Old 01-13-2013   #71
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still think we're the most balanced team in the league. We've come out throwing the ball several times this year.

But I agree, Schaub doesn't extend plays, he doesn't need to start doing that today. He doesn't force the ball, he doesn't need to do that today.... at least, not until he needs to.

My biggest complaint of Matt, is that he doesn't seem to play with the urgency I think he needs. Every drive needs to end in a TD, every third down needs to be converted. I know noone scores on every possession & no one ever converts every third down, but some QBs play like it & others don't.

I don't want Matt to play that way today. I want him to play his game, but better than he's ever played it before.
Exactly what I am saying. Still remember after last years game against Ravens thinking that if TJ had just played like he did against Bengals the week before we would have advanced.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #72
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm all for being aggressive & ruthless & all that.... but why bring the kicker into this?

I'm ok with taking a 15 yard penalty for a RTP penalty, just don't see what abusing their kicker has to do with getting into Brady's head.
Oops!

I meant RTP.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Exactly what I am saying. Still remember after last years game against Ravens thinking that if TJ had just played like he did against Bengals the week before we would have advanced.
True... I thought the same thing.

If we'd have scored 2 TDs in place of 2 FGs last week, that's 27 points. I don't care if Arian has to run all 3 TDs in from the one..... Bulls on Parade have to do their thing.

Doesn't matter to me if Schaub is in that "best QB" discussion or not. As long as the play-offs come home to H-Town.
Old 01-13-2013   #74
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to slow the pats down

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read