Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #1
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 15483 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A win tomorrow and a loss next week... would you be semi-satisfied?

Obviously super bowl or bust, I get it... but now if we win tomorrow and lose next week @ home vs Ravens, I'm gonna be incredibly pissed off

I think if we were to beat the Patriots tomorrow, and lost to Denver in Denver, I could live with it. But now it's completely different.

As if Baltimore needs extra motivation to play a team...... (flashback to our first meeting)
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #2
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A win tomorrow and a loss next week... would you be semi-satisfied?

It's not superbowl or bust for me. So even a loss here I would be 'content'

Would not be happy, but I wouldn't be ready to tear down the team...ONLY if it is a respectable loss. Like we go out and look like equals but just don't get the breaks to win the game.

I understand this is the playoffs. There should be no shame to losing this week or next. It hurts more though definitely.

The only way I'll get angry now at this team is if they go out and get blown out again and embarrassed. If they were to lose a game like the Broncos did I'll say they fought their heart out and lost to a great team. Lets reload and get better next year.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Too early.

Come back and express your thoughts after the Patriots game, about if you are "semi-satisfied" or not. Not now.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
It's not superbowl or bust for me. So even a loss here I would be 'content'

Would not be happy, but I wouldn't be ready to tear down the team...ONLY if it is a respectable loss. Like we go out and look like equals but just don't get the breaks to win the game.

I understand this is the playoffs. There should be no shame to losing this week or next. It hurts more though definitely.

The only way I'll get angry now at this team is if they go out and get blown out again and embarrassed. If they were to lose a game like the Broncos did I'll say they fought their heart out and lost to a great team. Lets reload and get better next year.
Oh really? Go to the Broncos MB, and ask them if they aren't angry? If I was a Broncos fan, it would have hurt less if it were a 50-0 blowout. Those people are stunned.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week I was saying that an AFC Championship appearance would leave me satisfied, but now I am not so sure. If we beat the Patriots @Foxboro, I don't see why we can't come home and beat the Ravens.
Old 01-13-2013   #6
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Would never happen.

When we win today, we go home and destroy the Ravens.

The only challenges left for us are the Patriots in their house, then the 49'ers in New Orleans.
It depends on who wins today. Falcons win 49ers in the SB. Seahawks win Seahawks in the SB.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #7
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

No way this team loses at home after beating Brady.

Can you even imagine what the crowd will sound like for that game? Holy shiznit.
Old 01-13-2013   #8
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont understand your rationale....You think we are going to win this week. And then lose next week. So, your positive about today....and then your negative about next week. I dont understand why you would start this thread because your ultimately giving up on the Texans this year and already thinking negative about the season. Pretty lame dude.
Why worry about next week yet? Worry about today.....
And then if we do win this week.....we have the game next week here.? And then your going to go ahead and say we lose next week.
Man....glad I am not thinking like you. Thats pretty lame way of thinking if you ask me. I am glad I dont think like that......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #9
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I dont understand your rationale....You think we are going to win this week. And then lose next week. So, your positive about today....and then your negative about next week. I dont understand why you would start this thread because your ultimately giving up on the Texans this year and already thinking negative about the season. Pretty lame dude.
Why worry about next week yet? Worry about today.....
And then if we do win this week.....we have the game next week here.? And then your going to go ahead and say we lose next week.
Man....glad I am not thinking like you. Thats pretty lame way of thinking if you ask me. I am glad I dont think like that......
Holy crap you confused me... Go Texans!!!
Old 01-13-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If the Ravens ball out like they did yesterday & Matt Schaub answered that bell, but we fell short in the end.... I wouldn't be upset.

If the Ravens desperately try to hand this game to us & we continue to bumble & fumble our way to giving that game away... what do you think?

If we play our butts off, yet still lose, & I come to this board & it's full of id1ots cursing our team because their best wasn't good enough, Yeah I'm going to be really pissed.
Old 01-13-2013   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 107262 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win today, and lose at home to the Ravens after we destroyed them already this season I'll be PISSED!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You're never satisfied until you win it all.
There's nothing in between.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
If we win today, and lose at home to the Ravens after we destroyed them already this season I'll be PISSED!
But we'll have to beat a team that destroyed us in the regular season.

We're telling ourselves that doesn't matter. Denver destroyed the Ravens just 4 weeks ago.

These teams are not the same teams that played each other week 7.
Old 01-13-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oh really? Go to the Broncos MB, and ask them if they aren't angry? If I was a Broncos fan, it would have hurt less if it were a 50-0 blowout. Those people are stunned.
I think it is interesting that Fox & Harbaugh made some interesting calls. The Broncos lost, so all of those calls look questionable to say the least. The Ravens won, so all of those calls aren't even talked about.
Old 01-13-2013   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still stunned the Oilers didn't make it to the Super Bowl in the Renfro catch/non-catch year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #16
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If the Ravens ball out like they did yesterday & Matt Schaub answered that bell, but we fell short in the end.... I wouldn't be upset.

If the Ravens desperately try to hand this game to us & we continue to bumble & fumble our way to giving that game away... what do you think?

If we play our butts off, yet still lose, & I come to this board & it's full of id1ots cursing our team because their best wasn't good enough, Yeah I'm going to be really pissed.
That's what they don't understand.

If we lose today because one or two things didn't go our way whatever it may be...oh well.

WE LOST TO A GREAT TEAM. Move on, get better, hope for the best next year. The Packers lost last night as well, not because they suck or anything but this is the playoffs, it's no shame losing to these teams, you could make a case for every team now that they could get on a run and win the whole thing.

Will it suck if we lose. Yes
Will I be happy about it. No

But unless we get smacked around silly again I won't be throwing a rage here about how everyone needs to go and things need to change big time! That we need to get a new QB and rebuild, get rid of Kubiak and Smith and just start all over!
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

One game at a time.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how I'd feel, but I really don't want to entertain that question right now.

I don't want to start another thread and don't know where to put this, so I'll just stick it here.

Do you realize this is the closest the fans of Houston football have EVER EVER EVER been to the chance of hosting the AFC title game? Not only did the Oilers obviously never do it, they were also never one game away from doing it. The closest they ever came was the 1993 season when they started out 1-4 and ran the table to finish 12-4 and secure the bye and a divisional home game, only to lose to Montana and the Chiefs. Still, had they won that game they would've been on the road at Buffalo for a trip to the Super Bowl.

Let's go Texans! Make history!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Our season by most would be considered a success if we advance past this week, but us as fans of course want more, and i'm sure a home game with a chance to go to the SB, people will be disappointed if we don't win that one.
Old 01-13-2013   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
One game at a time.
This

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read