Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2013   #141
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The big upcoming free agent is LT Ryan Clady. He turned down a 5 year 50 million dollar offer this offseason. Now the Broncos will have a good amount of capspace next year, but Clady will eat up a lot of it if he stays. I'm guessing he wants Joe Thomas type money, which is about 12 a year. It would be nice if he decided to eat up a lot of it and hurt the Broncos chances of acquiring more free agents.

Other than him, the only significant losses are Tracy Porter and Brandon Stokely. They should be easy to replace through the draft, but I think today's game was a pretty obvious show of issues on the Denver defense. Bailey just can't keep up with WRs anymore and should be moved to safety. Bring in a young talented CB and groom him to become the #1. I would expect the Broncos to draft two CBs this next draft, it's clearly a dire need.
Man, I just realize that they have a bunch cap space from previous years that they can roll over. It looks like they will be just fine.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #142
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Of 8 left this weekend
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Kaepernick
Flacco
Ryan
Wilson MS

Matt make me eat crow, PLEASE
This list doesn't look too bad.

I don't know if I would take Flacco over Schaub though.
Maybe next year.

Wilson, I like his upside quite a bit. Not sure he plays better this year, however.
Old 01-12-2013   #143
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Kaepernick is outplaying Rodgers right now. He could be dangerous in the next few years. I see SF winning a SB in the next few years.

Flacco outplayed Manning. I don't expect Schaub to do the same with Brady, but our run game has to make up the gap for us to win.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #144
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Above Manning and Rodgers, evidently. If he can beat Brady, I like our chances. We match up very well, except for ST, with Baltimore.
Old 01-12-2013   #145
patsfan13
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 patsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respectedpatsfan13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Tell that to Mark Sanchez

Well the head in the butt move by Sanchez is way worse than the Manning ball in the butt move, both are parts of losing efforts of course.
patsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #146
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Dude, one year with a new team after those surgeries and he got this far .... we better win this year ...

Peyton probably has two more in him.
Hell, Denver was a playoff team last year with Tim Tebow at QB...

sorry, not impressed.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #147
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I see you guys have Kaepernick very low. I have him #4 on the list. I think he's that good. I can easily see him outplay Rogers next week.
You guys don't realized how good this dude can be. I was already convinced on that MNF game against the Bears a few weeks ago. He's is like a bigger version of Johnny Manziel. I can't see anyone preventing SF from playing in the SB.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #148
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I pulled for the Ravens to win, so I'm glad they did.

But Flacco was more lucky than good today.

One TD was due to poor secondary play (the one down the middle).

The one to Torrey could have been called Offensive PI.
The ball was thrown to a place where Bailey was in better position to make a play.

The one in OT could have been intercepted or at least broken up.
It was actually short and Jones had to wait for it.
Why you despised Flacco so much? The guy threw 2 deep TD pass in stride against all pro Champ Bailey and threw another long one to tied the game up late. And you call that having a lucky day? I call that forcing the Defense's hands. I call that not taking what the Defense gives you and take what is rightfully yours.

That is an epic PO performances. I have no problem giving this man credits.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #149
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why you despised Flacco so much? The guy threw 2 deep TD pass in stride against all pro Champ Bailey and threw another long one to tied the game up late. And you call that having a lucky day? I call that forcing the Defense's hands. I call that not taking what the Defense gives you and take what is rightfully yours.

Just read the game thread in the NFLsection.

I can't keep repeating myself. -=P
Old 01-13-2013   #150
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Manning had 4 turnovers and 3 sacks. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles lost.

Flacco had 1 turnover and 1 sack. 1 fumble lost.

Flacco played well today and out-dueled Manning. 14 of the Broncos points came from special teams, 7 of the Ravens points came from defense. I think that's pretty significant that the Ravens offense actually scored more points than the Broncos offense.

I was happy to see Flacco's ability to roll out of the pocket to extend plays or safely throw away the ball. I think that made a huge difference in this game, as the Broncos defense didn't really hit Flacco too much. Granted the Ravens were often using 6 blockers or more on passing plays, but it worked. Congrats, hopefully we will see you in Houston next week
The reworked Oline did wonders yesterday.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #151
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Joe Flacco

NFL records
First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 90
Most wins by a quarterback in first 60 consecutive starts: 40
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 54

Also, Flacco has never missed a snap due to injury since he has started. He's a lot tougher than people give him credit. He may not be a pretty boy QB like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, but he ain't as bad as some would make him out to be. Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs. If he loses against the Seahawks this year and ends up 0-4, I hope the Ryan v. Flacco talk gets flushed down the crapper. He out out-dueled Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back-to-back playoff seasons. Ain't many QB's out there who can say that.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #152
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The problem with Flacco, is that guy who showed up yesterday doesn't always show up.

Next week, with the Noise at Reliant & the Bulls on Parade, he's going to look like a mistake prone rookie & the debate will be renewed.
Old 01-13-2013   #153
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think you can argue that Manning was clutch yesterday. He scored a net 14 points for his team (21 - 7 on the pick 6). He had 4 TOs as well.

Flacco was the better QB yesterday. People aren't going to give him credit until he wins a SB.

Rodgers also wasn't elite yesterday. He didn't play a bad game, but his team got beaten by a QB with only 6 or so starts to his name.

I think this elite/clutch debate is gonna get us nowhere. Ultimately the QB is only a component of the overall team winning. Manning did enough for his team to win, but didn't because his defense was terrible. Ditto for GB.

Schaub needs to play well to win, but his running game and defense are also huge pieces to us winning.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #154
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Matt doesn't read these boards, & he doesn't listen to the opinions espoused by the media.

But what if Matt is not playing his game, because he's trying to be more than he is? What if his "mistakes" are the result of him trying to "step up"

Would you rather not see that safe, conservative Matt who can "lead" us to 43 points when the whole team is working, or would you rather he try to be Peyton & give away the game?
Old 01-13-2013   #155
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The problem with Flacco, is that guy who showed up yesterday doesn't always show up.

Next week, with the Noise at Reliant & the Bulls on Parade, he's going to look like a mistake prone rookie & the debate will be renewed.
I'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three AFCC's any day of the week.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #156
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Get the car out of the garage before you set a speed record on the highway
Old 01-13-2013   #157
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know Matt doesn't read these boards, & he doesn't listen to the opinions espoused by the media.

But what if Matt is not playing his game, because he's trying to be more than he is? What if his "mistakes" are the result of him trying to "step up"

Would you rather not see that safe, conservative Matt who can "lead" us to 43 points when the whole team is working, or would you rather he try to be Peyton & give away the game?
Matt needs to be Matt.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #158
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by daravenator View Post
i'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three afcc's any day of the week.
yup
Old 01-13-2013   #159
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
I'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three AFCC's any day of the week.
Let's not change the conversation, we're talking about your quarterback.

As a team, yes the Ravens have accomplished a lot with him, sometimes in spite of him.

next week, if you lose the AFCCG because bad Flacco shows up, are we going to be happy with your "little" problem?
Old 01-13-2013   #160
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on MS, have a great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read