Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-13-2013   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you for Jacoby, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I heard Warren Sapp's recap of this game. He said the Ravens were able to establish the running game, which allowed them to go deep on the Broncos defense.

I was like, "What!!" Rice only had 6 touches for 30some yards at the half. Flacco stretched that defense to allow room for Rice.
Yep ... Torrey Smith got their attention early .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep ... Torrey Smith got their attention early .
plus really awful S play late.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #43
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
plus really awful S play late.
When did we trade Demps ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #44
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

When he dropped the kick off against Denver in the end zone i thought karma was real but then he picked it up. So i guess he has finally progessed....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #45
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Thank you for Jacoby, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
Not really... you start a thread about a player a lot of people in houston dont like, what kind of answers do you expect. No sour grapes here, infact i wish we would have just left him in Baltimore last year after the game.
Yep. We always held our breath when he was waiting for a punt. You haven't got there yet, but you will.
Old 01-15-2013   #46
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's another one of those goal posts that keep moving.

This game was the equivalent of the game we lost last season. This game, winning this game, puts Jacoby's team in the AFC Championship game.

He muffed the punt early in the game...... but they forgot about that, because it didn't mean crap. The game was on the line, Jacoby was asked to make a play....... Jacoby delivered.
Which game means more to Balty this past game or the AFC championship?

I still think he will mess up when it means the most, maybe that is this weekend or maybe that is in the superbowl.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #47
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting cut by Houston was the best thing that could happen for Jacoby's career. He was too content with the Texans. They were unable to inspire him to be a better player while he was here for five seasons.

I have no hard feelings toward the man. Yeah, he screwed the pooch last year in Baltimore, but that was a team loss, not just on one dude.

That being said, I'm still glad the Texans parted ways with him. I do not believe that he would be the same player the Ravens picked up, simply because he was too content with status quo in H-town.
Old 01-15-2013   #49
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

How many of us got a grin as that tying TD pass was in the air. I was sure he would drop it.

It hit me that he had to go in the game against Atlanta. Yates hit him long on the very first play and he missed it. Lucky for him the network did not show the replay.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #50
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
He still cost us the win last year ... F-him.

My sentiments exactly. I also find it rather curious that the team against whom he fumbled and gave a playoff win decided to pick him up...JUST as his contract was expiring here. If I were a head coach/GM and my team wins a big game because a guy on the other team commits a STUPID error I sure as hell wouldn't be running on to the field to scoop him up. Seems a tad coincidental to me. If I had a bull on the side of my head and was a former team mate, I would want to THANK him for costing me a trip to the AFC Championship game via his mysterious case of fumble-itis that seemed to be magicly cured the moment he put on a black and purple uniform by breaking his every one of his damned ribs.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #51
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Around here, that game wouldn't have proven anything. The Ravens are in the exact same position they were in last year; on the road in the AFC Championship game. Regardless how many throws he made, how many drives he kept alive, how many TD passes he threw... it don't matter.

If he don't win next week, he'll be the same Joe Flacco that doesn't show up in "Big Games"

Nope, yesterday's divisional round win..... doesn't count as a big game.
Doubt it
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read