Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #201
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When's the last time Schaub threw a ball INTO the endzone for a TD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Seriously? - you couldn't have put this in any of the other Schaub threads?
There's another Schaub thread?
Old 01-13-2013   #202
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

I think we'll see today if he's clutch or not! Nothing like a great game to prove some things
Old 01-13-2013   #203
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimble View Post
3. Gary K and Rick S and not good talent evaluators. Look and the talents we let go for nothing.
OK .. there are a lot of things you can knock about the Texans right now but Rick Smith is not one of them. This team has had pretty strong drafts and FA signings since Smith got here. JJ Watt and Arian Foster anyone?

In the case of letting good talent go that is on the coaching staff for not getting their potential out of them.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #204
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
OK .. there are a lot of things you can knock about the Texans right now but Rick Smith is not one of them. This team has had pretty strong drafts and FA signings since Smith got here. JJ Watt and Arian Foster anyone?.
Wade is responsible for Watt. And Foster was just dumb luck. Smith would have to do a whole lot to make up for extending Schaub contracts.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #205
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Wade is responsible for Watt. And Foster was just dumb luck. Smith would have to do a whole lot to make up for extending Schaub contracts.
So anything that Rick Smith does good is because of luck and someone else? Nice objective critical analysis.
Old 01-13-2013   #206
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Watt wouldn't have been on Wade's radar if Smith & his scouts didn't do their job.

Same can be said for Arian, except... he chose to come to Houston because our running backs were so bad. He could have gone to the Saints if he wanted to. I think the Jets were also on his list. There were reportedly four teams offering him a contract. He could have gone to any of them.

Now I think the report was that we offered him 2 years, where they offered him one, but Arian said, somewhere, that he thought he had a better shot at playing here because of the "strength" of our depth chart.
Old 01-13-2013   #207
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about trading for Chris Myers for just a 6th rounder? Trading down and drafting Duane Brown when everyone thought that was a big reach? Signing Wade Smith for close to nothing? Not to mention drafting Brian Cushing, Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, and Connor Barwin. And signing Antonio Smith & Shaun Cody?

How about opting for Danieal Manning & Jonathan Joseph instead of just Nnamdi?

There's a bunch of other nice players Rick acquired, but I thought these were the obvious ones.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #208
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not on this list .

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...in-nfl-history
Old 01-13-2013   #209
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
How about opting for Danieal Manning & Jonathan Joseph instead of just Nnamdi?
In my opinion, that was a great step in the maturation of this organization. In the past, they would wait on the most sought after FA of a position, like a donkey chasing a carrot, till the bitter end. By the time they figured out that said FA has no intention of signing with us & are simply using us as a bargaining chip, the #2 & 3 Fa would be gone & we'd have to start the season with Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, Bernard Pollard, & Eugene Wilson as our starting backfield.

This time, they spit the bit & turned positions of weakness into positions of strength with the swipe of a pen.

I also think it was important that we signed them, especially Joseph, without waiting on Nnamdi to "set the market". I think that said a lot to Jjo & he paid us back in spades.

I seriously had my doubts about Rick Smith prior to that offseason, & there are still a few left on my, "I really don't trust him" list. But there's no doubt in my mind he's sitting at the big boy table now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read