Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2013   #21
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning will forever go down as the most unclutch QB in playoff history

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
The guy who went to 3 Grey Cups and won 2 of them?
Hence "NFL" version

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #22
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning will forever go down as the most unclutch QB in playoff history

On the Moon tip.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #23
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't think Dungey's point was that Peyton is more competitive than coaches or other players, it was he is oblivious to other peoples' ability to absorb information and he gets frustrated easily.He gave the example of Manning walking in on a Friday or Saturday with 20 new plays he wanted to put in for the game on Sunday and Dungy would have to tell him we can look at these for later but we can't get the team up to speed on all this in a day. But that was on the potential to be a coach. I agree coaches have let him get out of control.
Yeah, his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness unfortunately... The bolded is the main thing that belichick & the pats exposed him on early on in his battles with them in the playoffs.. They covered up everything medium and deep in essence to make him methodically move the ball down field...they knew he'd eventually get frustrated and try to force something somewhere he probably shouldn't.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #24
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That is why he said "NFL" version. Moon was the biggest playoff choke artist that I ever had the displeasure of rooting for.
Moon didn't give up 39 points to the Bills.

Or 28 points to the Chiefs.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #25
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Moon didn't give up 39 points to the Bills.

Or 28 points to the Chiefs.
His playoff record was 3-7

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0_playoffs.htm

He threw 14 picks versus 17 tds. The only game where he was outstanding was against the Broncos when Jim Eddy somehow forgot Elway was mobile.

Old 01-12-2013   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
His playoff record was 3-7

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0_playoffs.htm

He threw 14 picks versus 17 tds. The only game where he was outstanding was against the Broncos when Jim Eddy somehow forgot Elway was mobile.
35-3 against the Bills. 42-45 was the end score if I remember. We needed a TE. Don't get me started about the run and shoot. Moon's career was wasted in Houston with Glanville and Pardee.

Old 01-12-2013   #27
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
35-3 against the Bills. 42-45 was the end score if I remember. We needed a TE. Don't get me started about the run and shoot. Moon's career was wasted in Houston with Glanville and Pardee.
Just to remind myself I watched this. Not Moon but man this is agonizing. **** Jim Eddy.

Btw Moon in the Bils game, as much as it shouldn't have mattered at that point threw a terrible pick in the 2nd half. Just a terrible decision.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFYwferLVQ

Old 01-12-2013   #28
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Just to remind myself I watched this. Not Moon but man this is agonizing. **** Jim Eddy.

Btw Moon in the Bils game, as much as it shouldn't have mattered at that point threw a terrible pick in the 2nd half. Just a terrible decision.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFYwferLVQ
Give Moon a running game and a couple of TE's and he would have won a few Superbowl's and the Oilers would still be in Houston. The 90's Oilers was the biggest waist of talent in NFL history.

Old 01-13-2013   #29
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 29308 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Give Moon a running game and a couple of TE's and he would have won a few Superbowl's and the Oilers would still be in Houston. The 90's Oilers was the biggest waist of talent in NFL history.
This. Moon had his issues but the guy could make some throws. All the big losses I remember all come from break downs on the defense.
Old 01-13-2013   #30
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't think Dungey's point was that Peyton is more competitive than coaches or other players, it was he is oblivious to other peoples' ability to absorb information and he gets frustrated easily. He gave the example of Manning walking in on a Friday or Saturday with 20 new plays he wanted to put in for the game on Sunday and Dungy would have to tell him we can look at these for later but we can't get the team up to speed on all this in a day. But that was on the potential to be a coach. I agree coaches have let him get out of control.

In other words, Peyton expects others to adapt to his strong points rather than him also adapting to and using the "other piece's" strengths.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #32
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hence choke artist (not performing in the clutch or when needed most). Actually the score was 41-38. When things started falling apart Moon folded in that game. If he could have sustained one drive in that second half the Bills would not have had time to complete the comeback.

However as the defense started giving up points and the pressure started building Moon got erratic. Case in point .. when the Oilers got the ball first in OT were you confident that Moon was going to take charge and lead the Oilers to the winning FG? I doubt you were and neither was I .. and for good reason as he threw a pick that finished off his team.

Moon faired no better outside of the run and shoot. A good friend of mine was a Vikings fan and he continued to throw picks in big games at the worst times for them also. I remember watching a Vikings game (might have been a playoff game) with him and saying something like "this is the situation where he throws a pick" and sure enough he threw one that very play to the dismay of my buddy.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read