Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2013   #181
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Broncos & Ravens Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's 21 all...

He's got an opportunity to make a few plays in the second half, shut Torrey Smith down, intercept the ball.... game is still too young to be calling Champ out.
I don't believe so.... it's obvious he no longer has the straight line speed necessary to hold down young speedsters. I am not saying he doesn't have talent, because he is one of the best. He is old though.
Old 01-12-2013   #182
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Champ Bailey is an old man playing a young mans game. Maybe if he announces retirement in the locker room at the half the Broncos would play harder for it.
You crazy son.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #183
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Ravens. 2 quarter game, tied 0-0. Let's Go Ravens!
Old 01-12-2013   #184
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Ugh. I hate cheering for the Ravens!.

I'm going to have to gargle with bleach after this game.
I'm not cheering for the Ravens.

I'm rooting against Denver.

It works for me.
Old 01-12-2013   #185
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Torrey had a hand on Bailey and gave him a little head start out of the play.

That was not a good throw; Bailey was looking back the whole team; he could have had a pick there. That TD was on Torrey, not Flacco.

Flacco also overthrew him a couple of times deep.
He needs to be a little more accurate for the Ravens to win this game.

I hate to be pulling for him, but I have no choice, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #186
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. But that ball could have been put a hundred different places where Smith does not have a chance to make a play... or worse, it could be put where Champ can make a play.
I agree, but if smith just tries to run under that ball and catch it ( like our WR's would do) bailey is in perfect position to intercept...smith made that play..the throw was just ok...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #187
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone concerned that Ray Rice only has 6 touches?
Old 01-12-2013   #188
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Hopefully he goes back to being non-elite Flacco next week at Reliant
One can always dream.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #189
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not cheering for the Ravens.

I'm rooting against Denver.

It works for me.
The worst case scenario for me is Baltimore hangs on & then we ......

Nope I can't believe that will happen. We will win tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013   #190
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's why I can't figure them out. How do you not find a way to get him touches?
Old 01-12-2013   #191
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 4493 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
The worst case scenario for me is Baltimore hangs on & then we ......

Nope I can't believe that will happen. We will win tomorrow.
lol, it'd only be typical of the way we finished this season for that scenario to happen...
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #192
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope, this game is playing right into the ravens' hands...they're forcing the broncos to back off a little with these deep passes..and as soon as they do that, it'll be run lanes galore for leach/rice thereby controlling the clock....and by extension keeping manning off the field..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #193
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
One can always dream.
I'd rather be hopelessly optimistic than sit around assuming the Texans are an underperforming pile of worthlessness like many posters on here do.

Also, being one of the few Texan fans in Maryland (I have only personally seen one other person with Texans gear in my 1.5 years here) I have to represent.
Old 01-12-2013   #194
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He does....i can think of at least 3 games where he's thrown it up to jean and he hasn't come thru...they were all decent to pretty good throws too...they just don't come thru for him like smith is for flacco...he does it all the time with AJ.....& to be truthful, that's the only 1 he should do it with...the other WR's are too slow, young or unreliable or some combo of the 2.
More or less agree, but there have been times when Andre has let him down as well.

I don't fault Matt for this..... I've said it before, it's a team game & there's nothing out there to make anyone believe our receivers would deliver in these situations, so it wouldn't make sense for Schaub to start expecting them to now.

But if you've got a Fullback streaming down the seem, with no one around, put it over his head, drop it in the basket & get yourself a TD.

When you've got the best WR in the league for the last 4 or 5 years getting WTF open at least once a game, how does he not average 16 TDs a year?

I don't expect Schaub to be Flacco, or Romo, or Brady, but I would like to see him maximize what he does have. Leave it all out there on the field, don't save anything for tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013   #195
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really. I think the Ravens have found out how to exploit the Broncos. Pretty sure he'll get plenty of touches in the second half.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #196
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Nope, this game is playing right into the ravens' hands...they're forcing the broncos to back off a little with these deep passes..and as soon as they do that, it'll be run lanes galore for leach/rice thereby controlling the clock....and by extension keeping manning off the field..
I hope that happens midway through the third.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #197
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Son of a....
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #198
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans released that guy.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #199
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 4493 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember when we had trindon holliday
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #200
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Holliday!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read