Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-11-2013   #101
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think he meant Jason Witten. I would put Witten 3rd over Hernandez, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates.
That makes sense, although I think Davis is better. We're just splitting hairs IMO.
Old 01-11-2013   #102
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. Now I grant you I have seen some lousy behavior, but I have never seen anything like your speaking, not that it didn't happen. I've seen it get ugly with opposing fans, but it's reciprocal. Every game I have been to have been a "live and let live" when it comes to opposing fans. If you act like an A-hole, you get treated like one. If your cool, we can have fun and enjoy some good natured ribbing.

I would also guess that if you ranked us as a group of the whole NFL, we're likely behind Oakland, Philly, NYJ, and Buffalo. I think it's an east coast thing, save for Oakland. I'll also say that "any given Sunday", you'll find lousy fans in any NFL stadium.

as far as the visiting fans go, The Jets are the worst, but I digress.
Well ... fan is short for fanatic and probably the longer the tradition or success , the more zeal . The Texans are knew with just two starting QBs in their history . Our all time team would suck compared to the Packers , Steelers , Raiders , and such .

Having said that , I can only pull for the home team or nobody because I can't be a team hopper .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #103
RandomVariable
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 RandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respected

Some facts about Gronkowski:

-holds the all-time single season record for TDs by a TE with 17
-is the only TE in NFL history to lead the league in rec TDs
-has most consecutive 10+ TD seasons by a TE (3)
-holds the single season record for rec yards by a TE
-most offensive TDs in the first 3 seasons
-over the last 3 seasons (which have been the first 3 of his career) he leads the entire league in rec TDs, despite having missed almost half of this season
-is a superb blocker

Anyone who claims that he is not the single best TE in the league today simply dislikes facts. There is no room for debate.
RandomVariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #104
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
Some facts about Gronkowski:

-holds the all-time single season record for TDs by a TE with 17
-is the only TE in NFL history to lead the league in rec TDs
-has most consecutive 10+ TD seasons by a TE (3)
-holds the single season record for rec yards by a TE
-most offensive TDs in the first 3 seasons
-over the last 3 seasons (which have been the first 3 of his career) he leads the entire league in rec TDs, despite having missed almost half of this season
-is a superb blocker

Anyone who claims that he is not the single best TE in the league today simply dislikes facts. There is no room for debate.
He's like almost the JJ Watt of TE's.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #105
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He's like almost the JJ Watt of TE's.
lol IS the JJ Watt of TE's bro. IS!
Old 01-11-2013   #106
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol IS the JJ Watt of TE's bro. IS!
Now you can say what you want about a bunch of Texans but JJ , AJ , Arian , Cushing , and Duane are some of the best at their positions .

Round Dan
Old 01-11-2013   #107
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have enjoyed RandomVariable insights every since Rocky 4.
http://www.hark.com/clips/hhvdjmzvys-ucantwin

"It's suicide! You can't win!"
RandomVariable tells Texans fans that they can't beat The Pats

Old 01-11-2013   #108
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. Now I grant you I have seen some lousy behavior, but I have never seen anything like your speaking, not that it didn't happen. I've seen it get ugly with opposing fans, but it's reciprocal. Every game I have been to have been a "live and let live" when it comes to opposing fans. If you act like an A-hole, you get treated like one. If your cool, we can have fun and enjoy some good natured ribbing.

I would also guess that if you ranked us as a group of the whole NFL, we're likely behind Oakland, Philly, NYJ, and Buffalo. I think it's an east coast thing, save for Oakland. I'll also say that "any given Sunday", you'll find lousy fans in any NFL stadium.

as far as the visiting fans go, The Jets are the worst, but I digress.
It's not really the fans, Steve.

Most of the Patriot fans I have dealt with have been more like you than the other 2 losers posting like we shouldn't even play the game.

It's really more about the media that has completely ignored the Texans for years and is always slobbering all over Brady and Bilechickens jock.

But I understand the treatment. We have done nothing yet. And the Patriots are perennial contenders.
Old 01-11-2013   #109
RandomVariable
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 RandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
It's not really the fans, Steve.

Most of the Patriot fans I have dealt with have been more like you than the other 2 losers posting like we shouldn't even play the game.

It's really more about the media that has completely ignored the Texans for years and is always slobbering all over Brady and Bilechickens jock.

But I understand the treatment. We have done nothing yet. And the Patriots are perennial contenders.
If I lived in a sh!t state like Texas and cheered for a complete fraud of a team, I'd be equally as bitter and envious of those whose team has achieved a tremendous amount of success.

This game is nothing but a warm-up for when the real postseason for us begins, which is next week.
Old 01-11-2013   #110
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I lived in a sh!t state like Texas and cheered for a complete fraud of a team, I'd be equally as bitter and envious of those whose team has achieved a tremendous amount of success.

This game is nothing but a warm-up for when the real postseason for us begins, which is next week.
Bitter and envious? Where do you see that?

I would love to hang around you all next week after the Patriots lose.
Old 01-11-2013   #111
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

Oh good lord ... we have oil , hot chicks , BBQ , Tex Mex , good college teams in many sports , Austin the live music capital of the world , weather you can golf 11 months out of the year , many quality Texas vodkas , nice new 3000 square foot home for 250,000 bucks , and pecan pie . You have Paul Revere , Tom Brady , Miss New England and runner up in ( photo below ) , and beans .

Round Dan
Old 01-11-2013   #112
RandomVariable
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Oh good lord ... we have oil , hot chicks , BBQ , Tex Mex , good college teams in many sports , Austin the live music capital of the world , weather you can golf 11 months out of the year , many quality Texas vodkas , nice new 3000 square foot home for 250,000 bucks , and pecan pie . You have Paul Revere , Tom Brady , Miss New England and runner up in ( photo below ) , and beans .

Is that what Texans consider to be "hot chicks?" We have vastly different standards over here.

Then again, you live in one of those States that receives more welfare than they contribute. You've got bigger problems than the presence of the grotesque gargantuan gargoyles you call women.
Old 01-11-2013   #113
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Is that what Texans consider to be "hot chicks?" We have vastly different standards over here.

Then again, you live in one of those States that receives more welfare than they contribute. You've got bigger problems than the presence of the grotesque gargantuan gargoyles you call women.
No ... for every dollar we put in we only get 91 cents back .

Texans had the NFLs winner of the hottest cheerleader 2 of the last 3 years .

Round Dan
Old 01-11-2013   #114
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy isht ... where can I obtain those red boots?
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #115
RandomVariable
Rookie

These broads have spectacular bodies but atrocious faces.
Old 01-11-2013   #116
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Holy isht ... where can I obtain those red boots?
I really hope that inquiry is for a significant other.

Quote:
These broads have spectacular bodies but atrocious faces.
Yeah, as if you would be making the choice with either of those girls.
Old 01-12-2013   #117
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Man, I really dislike Pats fans.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #118
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You must not be aware of the Texas economy. Granted, all that secession talk was just mumbo jumbo, but the United States could not afford to lose Texas if it were legit.
Our business friendly environment helps our economy tremendously.

Business in Texas
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #119
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
OMG......

Look, when you can turn "New England" into red states, then you can comment on our welfare status. Until then, keep pumping out the dough & watch this country slip into insolvency.
Old 01-12-2013   #120
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your ignorance is staggering, on top of your compete and total *********gery.

The state of Texas only receives $0.91 in Federal funds for every $1.00 the state contributes to the Fed.
We are a net tax PAYER, not TAKER.
Additionally, we are a state with ZERO state income tax, and the state of Texas currently had a two year SURPLUS of 8.8 BILLION DOLLARS.

Keep enjoying your welfare state. I'll keep mine, thanks for playing little boy.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read