Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know which rankings hold meaning for which teams before I counter one of your arguments with the very same ranking.

I mean something like,
Okie, sorry, let make it a little more clear then.

The Bengals had faced 10 QBs that a lot of people on this board said they would take over Schaub; the Patriots faced half that number.

While the Pats secondary had improved lately with the addition of Talib, the Bengals defense also brought it up a notch in the second half.

Scoring 19 points against the Bengals isn't great considering our D had a good day, but it's not bad either.

If the D can play the same against the Pats, then I expect the Texans to score 24 points or more against the Pats.

But Brady likely won't allow that, so I won't be surprised if we only scored 14-17 points. (Obviously bad luck may even prevent that much scoring).

If things even out for both teams in every aspect, I expect the Texans to score between 17-24 points and the Pats to score between 21-28 points.

That also takes into account ST play where we also need to at least stay even and not to give them better field position overall.

The Jets won in 2010, in part due to the fact that they won the field position battle, and because the Pats' Patrick Chung botched a direct snap and fumbled the ball on a faked punt attempt.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read