Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-11-2013   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I would bet the Seahawks beat the Falcons because they got hot late and beat good teams . Their only loss against a good team was 13 to 6 .

Seattle knocks off top seed in the NFC while I'm hoping the Texans don't embarrass us again .
I'll take Seattle over Atlanta. I never bought into the Atlanta thing this year. I don't know if Vegas has it that way, but I see Seattle as the favorite, even on the road.

We're the underdog, going to New England... I would bet the Seahawks would be underdogs going into New England & Denver.

We'd probably be dawgs going into Atlanta.

I get your point. The Seahawks have been playing better than we were ending the season. They played better than us last week.

None of that changes the fact that we're more than a speedbump.

If we beat New England, will that change your mind?

No, because that won't be a "big game" We'll be a speed bump on Denver's way to the Super Bowl. & that's the point.

We've got a lot of big games behind us. That's the only way we could be where we are at.
Old 01-11-2013   #82
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

seems like you guys are fighting among yourselves!
Old 01-11-2013   #83
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
seems like you guys are fighting among yourselves!
Nope ... While I Would love for the Texans to win I don't think they will unless of course we can borrow y'alls video camera that was used vs the Rams in the Super Bowl .
Old 01-11-2013   #84
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'll take Seattle over Atlanta. I never bought into the Atlanta thing this year. I don't know if Vegas has it that way, but I see Seattle as the favorite, even on the road.

We're the underdog, going to New England... I would bet the Seahawks would be underdogs going into New England & Denver.

We'd probably be dawgs going into Atlanta.

I get your point. The Seahawks have been playing better than we were ending the season. They played better than us last week.

None of that changes the fact that we're more than a speedbump.

If we beat New England, will that change your mind?

No, because that won't be a "big game" We'll be a speed bump on Denver's way to the Super Bowl. & that's the point.

We've got a lot of big games behind us. That's the only way we could be where we are at.
We are a pretender until we do it . If we beat NE , we're a lower speed bump .

The Ravens play Denver in 16 degree weather . I think that helps the Ravens a bunch . If the Ravens win and the Texans win then we'll see if we can take care of business .
Old 01-11-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
While I Would love for the Texans to win
We had the most dominant OL in the league last year. We lost Dressen, Briesel & Winston.

We knew we were going to struggle running the ball, especially to the right side & somewhat to the left since the backside play is very important in our ZBS.

However, just as we were getting it figured out, what happened? What happened that we weren't able to overcome?

We lost both Newton & Graham for multiple games. & for some reason we stepped up Brandon Brooks' snaps around the same time.

With Newton & Graham back in the line up, we are looking like that team they thought was the best in the league. Newton came back against Minnesota & our running game has gotten better & better ever since.

We're going to kick New England's a55, because of Derek Newton.
Old 01-11-2013   #86
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope ... While I Would love for the Texans to win I don't think they will unless of course we can borrow y'alls video camera that was used vs the Rams in the Super Bowl .
A spygate reference. Very witty.
Not like we don't hear that every other day from opposing fans.
Old 01-11-2013   #87
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
A spygate reference. Very witty.
Not like we don't hear that every other day from opposing fans.
Kurt Warner would have been a sure fired HOF QB but Ol Bill stole it from him . Cheat , steal , it's all the same I guess . I will say that he's willing to do anything to win just like Al Davis .
Old 01-11-2013   #88
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We had the most dominant OL in the league last year. We lost Dressen, Briesel & Winston.

We knew we were going to struggle running the ball, especially to the right side & somewhat to the left since the backside play is very important in our ZBS.

However, just as we were getting it figured out, what happened? What happened that we weren't able to overcome?

We lost both Newton & Graham for multiple games. & for some reason we stepped up Brandon Brooks' snaps around the same time.

With Newton & Graham back in the line up, we are looking like that team they thought was the best in the league. Newton came back against Minnesota & our running game has gotten better & better ever since.

We're going to kick New England's a55, because of Derek Newton.
Oh I get , Newtonian Law .

I wish they would have started with the two guys they thought would eventually be the best and left them in at RG and RT .
Old 01-11-2013   #89
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks again for the tuck rule!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #90
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
We don't care if we're hated. You keep hating us. We'll just keep on beating your favorite team(s) like we always do.
I don't hate you. I sure don't respect the fanbase. The teams I respect a lot more. I will never forget the way my wife was treated at Fenway several years ago. Way too many classless humans disguised as fans.

I look forward to watching the Jays beat the **** out of the Red Sox this year. Been a long time coming.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #91
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Thanks again for the tuck rule!
I forgot about the tuck rule .

There maybe a Justin Tuck rule when it comes to SB games . If Tuck's in the SB , NE won't win .
Old 01-11-2013   #92
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable
With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6.
So Brady not having a 400 yard passing game had NOTHING to do with the defense he faced...he simply got up on the wrong side of the bed. Interesting logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBS
We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.
So...everytime a ball has ever been fumbled in NFL history by an offense...the defense managed to recover...with the exception of THAT game? Fascinating. Wow...watching game film of one guy and preparing for that guy...then facing someone else wouldn't have anything to do with a problem in execution. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Pontification
Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.
Let me preface what I'm about to say with somethign than can be affirmed by EVERY person on this board who KNOWS me. I LOATHE the Dallas Cowboys with a seething passion that shall burn like an ember long after my bones have decomposed beneath a blankets of God's sweet earth, But the BEST Tight End playing Football TODAY is Jason Garrett. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Verbage
Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.
Amazing you can see that...in your in depth Monday Morning QB analysis...and many of the NFL's best Defensive Coordinators can not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomness
People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.
Funny...many thought the Jets got LUCKY and the Pats were simply cocky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random verbal feces
Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.

Basically...you're saying the Pats are going to win...and how. Last time I saw a guy look another guy in the eye and say: "See my right foot? It's going to kick you in the right side of your face...and there isn't one thing you can do about it." was in the movie "Billy Jack". How about this bruh. Let my team show up to Foxborough and let them play your team without the referees making mysterious pass interference calls or calling holding when it doesn't occur. Let the smoke clear and let the winner advance to the AFC Championship game.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #93
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even in those years when we've "sucked" we were still head and shoulders above the Texans. LOL
That doesn't really make sense but um...sure, whatever helps your superiority complex. Best of luck to your Rhode Island Patriots this weekend. Oh I forgot, you don't need it, it's all a formality.
Old 01-11-2013   #94
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I don't hate you. I sure don't respect the fanbase. The teams I respect a lot more. I will never forget the way my wife was treated at Fenway several years ago. Way too many classless humans disguised as fans.

I look forward to watching the Jays beat the **** out of the Red Sox this year. Been a long time coming.
I think it's great you guys can lump all of us together. Nothing like being objective.
Old 01-11-2013   #95
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record I've had awesome experiences with Bostonians and love visiting New England. Haven't been for sports purposes but for business and New Englanders are cool people. Even the OP is probably wicked awesome, he damn sure has told some great stories in this thread.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #96
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's great you guys can lump all of us together. Nothing like being objective.
I work with a few Pats fans. We have fun with each other as its all in good fun. I work for an all sports network so believe me I have come to understand what is obnoxious and what isn't. When my wife has a beer thrown at her (2003) because of her Jays hat, then security laughs at us while she is rinsing her hair, I tend to not forget.

You get lumped in because that's usually how it works. Bad apples ruin it for the rest of the fanbase. Not saying its right.

I have been to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jets, Bills and Dolphins games as an opposing fan, and none of them hold a candle to the viciousness we experienced in Boston. Well maybe buffalo. That's my fault for going there for opening week the year after the music city miracle. But seeing as how I was at the 35-3 game, I felt we were even.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #97
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Let me preface what I'm about to say with somethign than can be affirmed by EVERY person on this board who KNOWS me. I LOATHE the Dallas Cowboys with a seething passion that shall burn like an ember long after my bones have decomposed beneath a blankets of God's sweet earth, But the BEST Tight End playing Football TODAY is Jason Garrett. Deal with it.
Dude. whoa, dude. Garrett Graham? 263 yards receiving with 3 TD's? That guy? He's not even #1 on your team. You gotta be pulling my leg.

1. Gronk
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Antonio Gates
4. Vernon Davis
5. AH

That's just off the top of my head. No Finley, Whitten, or Gonzalez even. I am gonna assume 1.) you're tailgating already or 2.) you're fooling around.
Old 01-11-2013   #98
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude. whoa, dude. Garrett Graham? 263 yards receiving with 3 TD's? That guy? He's not even #1 on your team. You gotta be pulling my leg.

1. Gronk
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Antonio Gates
4. Vernon Davis
5. AH

That's just off the top of my head. No Finley, Whitten, or Gonzalez even. I am gonna assume 1.) you're tailgating already or 2.) you're fooling around.
I think he meant Jason Witten. I would put Witten 3rd over Hernandez, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #99
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Jermaine Gresham, hopefully he can give Gronk and Hernandez some pointers on how to play the TE position before our game!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #100
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I work with a few Pats fans. We have fun with each other as its all in good fun. I work for an all sports network so believe me I have come to understand what is obnoxious and what isn't. When my wife has a beer thrown at her (2003) because of her Jays hat, then security laughs at us while she is rinsing her hair, I tend to not forget.

You get lumped in because that's usually how it works. Bad apples ruin it for the rest of the fanbase. Not saying its right.

I have been to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jets, Bills and Dolphins games as an opposing fan, and none of them hold a candle to the viciousness we experienced in Boston. Well maybe buffalo. That's my fault for going there for opening week the year after the music city miracle. But seeing as how I was at the 35-3 game, I felt we were even.
I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. Now I grant you I have seen some lousy behavior, but I have never seen anything like your speaking, not that it didn't happen. I've seen it get ugly with opposing fans, but it's reciprocal. Every game I have been to have been a "live and let live" when it comes to opposing fans. If you act like an A-hole, you get treated like one. If your cool, we can have fun and enjoy some good natured ribbing.

I would also guess that if you ranked us as a group of the whole NFL, we're likely behind Oakland, Philly, NYJ, and Buffalo. I think it's an east coast thing, save for Oakland. I'll also say that "any given Sunday", you'll find lousy fans in any NFL stadium.

as far as the visiting fans go, The Jets are the worst, but I digress.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read