Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
I beleive this is more on the coaches then the players..nobody is better agaisnt the blitz yet last matchup wade blitzed alot. And worse of all didnt make any adjustments. There is no way the texans can beat the patriots if they cant adjust. Man on man coverage will give brady a field day. I really hope kubiak and co learned during regular season.

Responses like this makes me believe some people listen too much to the media & not enough to the actual game.

For whatever reasons, they scored 21 points in the first 19 minutes of the game. We made some mistakes, they made some plays, they took advantage of us being unprepared, there were some bad calls (really, you'll never hear a holding call against a guy defending a 5 yard route on 3rd & 6 in any other game)... whatever.

The Pats were shut down, gained 30 yards or so, on 5 of their next 6 possessions. 3 of those possessions were 3 & outs.

How can you say Wade didn't adjust?

I'm sorry, but the Patriots offense is the last thing we need to worry about. I know that sounds left field & everything, but our defense has showed they can play with these guys. Our offense is the biggest issue. We're not going to shut out the Patriots.

San Fran couldn't do it, no one should expect us to. Our offense needs to put up points & run out time. Defensively, we'll get a couple of stops, we'll give up a few points.... keeping them under 30 should be considered good. Under 24 should be considered great, under 20 amazing, they are who they are. They averaged 26 points in their losses.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read