Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-10-2013   #41
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
A better regular season team than Baltimore maybe. They are a lot more dangerous than you guys in the postseason.

We match up well against Denver. I wouldn't be too concerned about them.
Hmmm I dunno, we barely lost to them at their house last year. If we weren't running our 3rd string QB and had a retard giving them a free TD (Jacoby) we might've advanced to lose to NE the next week. But thanks for your professional input on how terrible my team is.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
We came in under prepared against the 49ers and played atrociously in the 1st half. I will give you that. The difference is, unlike the Texans, we didn't give up and allow ourselves to be humiliated. We came back from 31-3 to lose by only 7, after adjustments at halftime.
Well I'm glad you're happy with that kind of moral victory. That's what you'll be going home with on Sunday.
Old 01-10-2013   #43
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon guys, it's just good clean fun. He's in the "Rivalry Talk" area.... if you don't want none..... stay out.
Old 01-10-2013   #45
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxborough Steve View Post
You mean the Baltimore that should have beat us last year if not for a lousy kick and dropped pass?

I disagree with you, bud. I am not afraid of any team. However, any of the eight remaining has the tools and the talent to beat NE. There are no layups left, if the Pats win this weekend, they'll have earned it. If they advance beyond that, they'll have earned that as well. It would not surprise me if JJ Watt channeled his inner LT and dominated Sunday. Nor would it surprise me if the Pats smoked 'em again, although I don't think they will. I expect a tougher game, but I am confident in the team to pull out a W.

Beyond that, Peyton Manning likely looms for the AFC championship. that's a mighty big mountain to climb, no pun intended. Then they'll either have to beat a great QB (Rogers), a talented group of receivers (Atlanta), a hard hitting D that already beat 'em (SF), or a pumped and jacked attacking D with a strong running game (Seattle).

No layups left.
All good points Foxborough Steve!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #46
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes. With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6. We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.

Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.

Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.

People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.

Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.
Die in a fire.
Old 01-10-2013   #47
RandomVariable
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 RandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respectedRandomVariable is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Die in a fire.
Expected response from an uneducated/unintelligent hick.
RandomVariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #48
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Expected response from an uneducated/unintelligent hick.
Why you throw that "hick" word to everyone here just because we're Texans fans? It's funny that most of the best players the NFL has to offer would be considered "hicks" by people from the Northeast.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why you throw that "hick" word to everyone here just because we're Texans fans? It's funny that most of the best players the NFL has to offer would be considered "hicks" by people from the Northeast.
Hicks are in Kentucky.

The proper term for us is Texan, or badass...... pretty much means the same thing.
Old 01-10-2013   #50
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, which TT poster created this sock to get us fired up?

Confess.
Old 01-10-2013   #51
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm pats played mediocra ??? Yeah that was Brady and the pats best game of the season. We are no lay over as you may think just because the results of our first meeting.

We had a few down games, as did the pats through out the season. Our D can shut down the pats O any given day. Just incase you dont remember our 4th and 5th CBs were starting that game as well. Along with being down to 1 TE and 1 FB.

You will see what a full force texans team looks like this Sunday, Minus Cushing , but still enough to spank the pats.
Old 01-10-2013   #52
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, the crying and anxiety coming from Chowdatown would be priceless if the Pats lose on Sunday.
Old 01-11-2013   #53
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your QB has 1TD in the last 23 quarters. You guys had a solid grip on the #1 seed and slid all the way to #3 with laughable performances. You barely beat a mediocre team on your home field. Are you really going to claim that your team is not weaker now than they were when they were 11-1 with everyone calling them the best team in the league?

We win by a double digit score. Whether the margin will be as large as last time remains to be seen. The game will be mostly one-sided however.
Its fans like you that have made me hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL. And while I'm at it, the Red Sox too. You have accomplished a near impossible feat - to become more obnoxious than Yankee fans.

And BTW, I'm not a Texan fan.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #54
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
C'mon guys, it's just good clean fun. He's in the "Rivalry Talk" area.... if you don't want none..... stay out.
Nah, he posted this in the general area at first. It was rightly moved over here though.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #55
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Man, the crying and anxiety coming from Chowdatown would be priceless if the Pats lose on Sunday.
I'd like to come down here an talk smack, but I really look at this as any of the four AFC teams can win out and advance to the Super Bowl. The only reason there'd be cryin' out of my house at least is if the Pats don't show up and get the snot beat out of 'em. That ain't gonna happen. This isn't the 09-10 Pats.
Old 01-11-2013   #56
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Its fans like you that have made me hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL. And while I'm at it, the Red Sox too. You have accomplished a near impossible feat - to become more obnoxious than Yankee fans.

And BTW, I'm not a Texan fan.
Not the first time I have heard the Pats compared to the Yankees. I'll take that. Even though I hate those pinstriped pricks with every fiber of my body, I respect them, because they know how to win. It's ingrained in the organization. So even though it pains me to say it...thanks for the compliment.
Old 01-11-2013   #57
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I didn't realize how classless a lot of pats fans are, you would think with all their winning and back slapping about being the best thing since slice bread might lead to a little humility. It's like you guys forgot that while you have had success, you have sprinkled in a decade or two here and there of straight suckage. Those that forget history are destined to repeat it. Probably mostly bandwagoners....

And while your at it change the damn name of your team, or at least pick a state. Or shall we call you the Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut Patriots?
Old 01-11-2013   #58
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
Not the first time I have heard the Pats compared to the Yankees. I'll take that. Even though I hate those pinstriped pricks with every fiber of my body, I respect them, because they know how to win. It's ingrained in the organization. So even though it pains me to say it...thanks for the compliment.
Its not a compliment. It means you were born in an area condusive to being a douchbag.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #59
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would also like to add that the ONLY team I am afraid of right now is Baltimore. They are the only team I see possibly beating us. Hopefully the Broncos take care of business in Denver.
You reveal quite a bit here. If your team makes it to Denver, you'd better be worried about the Broncos.
Old 01-11-2013   #60
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Its not a compliment. It means you were born in an area condusive to being a douchbag.
Better go back and read some of my posts, son.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read