Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2013   #121
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Thing makes me nervous is that Goodell wants a Bronco and Patiot final. Nbc wants it and so does the least coast media.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #122
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I have never seen an opposing teams fanbase more paranoid about the referees and claiming unfair # of calls againt their team as this one.

Eageles, Chiefs, Steelers, Colts, Pats, Jet= i've posted on all their boards and never seen as much crying about officials as here.

This is shameful....
they are use to the sky falling
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #123
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
they are use to the sky falling
Says the guy whose team won last year, in Indy, because the refs kept their last drive alive - in the red zone - with two bogus penalties on J J Watt and a PI call on the 6.
PuhLeeze....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #124
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanatic View Post
Cool. Go watch the Pats Ravens game earlier in the season. Ravens won by 1 on a field goal that never went through. Every drive by Flacco in the second half was aided by a questionable PI call. That one extra game would mean lots in this afc seeding. But, we'll persevere.

I think the Texans are a good team and I'd have been pulling for them if my team wasn't in it.

There are actually two players You have that I'd love to have on the Pats.
Watt and Foster. No others...The Pats have been drafting form the bottom of the barrel for 10 years straight.
O geez- whine much? The FG was good.So was the call on McCourty. You got beat. Stop crying into ya chowdah...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ltimore-ravens
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #125
PatsFanatic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
O geez- whine much? The FG was good.So was the call on McCourty. You got beat. Stop crying into ya chowdah...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ltimore-ravens
Yup. The replacement ref's said so too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sav3uTJL0c
PatsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #126
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup. The replacement ref's said so too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sav3uTJL0c
Angles my man, its all about angles....

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/9/24/33...atriots-ravens
Old 01-10-2013   #127
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

we stop them on 3rd and 6 and they call some bs holding call and prolong their drive (later KJ didn't fall on the ball) - one is on us and the other on the refs.....

Later the PI call on manning on the uncatchable ball 5 yrds up the field on 3rd and 10....prolong their drive.

2nd half:
The offensive PI on Jean........bs, the defender got in jean's way and wasn't playing the ball

This totally took the texans out of the game

Even if it's still a loss, it would have been more like 28 to 14 or 31 to 21

Seems like everything bounced the pat's way...
Old 01-11-2013   #128
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW!!! TexansTalk has now become a sounding board for Ravens v. Patriots smack talk... I like it!!

Well... Not so much!

Then again, if I had my druthers, Ravens fan gets my nod...... Patriots fans SUCK!!! (Given their actions and piss poor, 'Holier than thou' attitudes during Super Bowl XXXVIII)
Old 01-11-2013   #129
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WOW!!! TexansTalk has now become a sounding board for Ravens v. Patriots smack talk... I like it!!

Well... Not so much!

Then again, if I had my druthers, Ravens fan gets my nod...... Patriots fans SUCK!!! (Given their actions and piss poor, 'Holier than thou' attitudes during Super Bowl XXXVIII)
Its all good- I enjoy the discussion; not so much the 'smack' talk but an honest discussion sprinkled with some jabs and barbs... its all good though- at least our teams are still playing this late in the season...

And well, at least I can speak for myself when I say, I appreciate football and my home team more now since an absence of football for 12 years....no current fans of a team had to endure that except LA= and they couldn't give a rat's a**
Old 01-11-2013   #130
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 266 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel sorry for Pats fans when Brady retires.
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #131
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You do not say why. And I'm not asking for them to be targets of derision, just that they be made available to explain confusing/contraversial calls and explain rule interpretations. The press doesn't (in most cases) deride players and coaches during post-game pressers. They do, however, ask "how come?" questions. I would expect this interview process to be conducted in the same professional manner with the same respect they give players and coaches.

What's wrong with that?

Why not? Because the refs answer to the nfl and if I was running it I would keep it that way. Getting Refs in front of the camera trying to explain things only in my mind makes things worse. It would setup the refs to potentially fup in terms of how they handle public scruitiny. What value does it add to the NFL? I dont see any and if there is any there I dont see it being enough to offset potential issues/risk
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #132
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Why not? Because the refs answer to the nfl and if I was running it I would keep it that way. Getting Refs in front of the camera trying to explain things only in my mind makes things worse. It would setup the refs to potentially fup in terms of how they handle public scruitiny. What value does it add to the NFL? I dont see any and if there is any there I dont see it being enough to offset potential issues/risk
For the Win......got it!
Old 01-11-2013   #133
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
but thats the only way any sense of impropriety gets noticed/caught.
more transparency is needed, a fair audit by a disinterested party, or by the fans.

less transparency = more corruption

and everytime i see a pass interference call while the ball gets thrown 10 yards out of reach i get to think, welp here we go with the sublime game-fixing...

Im not sure what you think you would get out of this but I dont think you would get what you might be working towards.

1. Its not your job to audit the ref, you arent in the business of running the nfl

2. I dont think post game interviews adding transparency at all

3. I dont see your post game questioning of a PI call changing the call of the field nor do I see the Refs agreeing that their call was bad

Im not sure if you notice what happend earlier this season between the hawks and pack but the call was crap and the NFL came out and supported it. The call stands, the game stands and a post game interview wasnt and wouldnt change it going forward
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #134
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure what you think you would get out of this but I dont think you would get what you might be working towards.

1. Its not your job to audit the ref, you arent in the business of running the nfl

2. I dont think post game interviews adding transparency at all

3. I dont see your post game questioning of a PI call changing the call of the field nor do I see the Refs agreeing that their call was bad

Im not sure if you notice what happend earlier this season between the hawks and pack but the call was crap and the NFL came out and supported it. The call stands, the game stands and a post game interview wasnt and wouldnt change it going forward
The NFLNetwork had a regular segment where the head of officiating broke down several of the weekends controversial calls and admitted on quite a few occasions the referees had made mistakes. I thought it was great and added credibility to the league. I would like that expanded but I agree the individual referee crews should not have to give press conferences after the game.
Old 01-11-2013   #135
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There are actually two players You have that I'd love to have on the Pats.
Watt and Foster. No others...The Pats have been drafting form the bottom of the barrel for 10 years straight.
Since it's just opinion, I can't say you're wrong, but you're ****ing nuts if you wouldn't want:
Brian Cushing
Johnathon Joseph
Danieal Manning
Glover Quin
Duane Brown

If you wouldn't want any of those players, you either don't know football, or you're just purposely being obtuse.
I also cannot, at his juncture, rule out jackass.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #136
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Since it's just opinion, I can't say you're wrong, but you're ****ing nuts if you wouldn't want:
Brian Cushing
Johnathon Joseph
Danieal Manning
Glover Quin
Duane Brown

If you wouldn't want any of those players, you either don't know football, or you're just purposely being obtuse.
I wouldn't put Grover in that group...nice player but not elite.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #137
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I wouldn't put Grover in that group...nice player but not elite imo.
I wasn't necessarily trying to say any of them are elite, per say. Just pointing out that they are valuable players that would find a spot on any NFL roster.
He said he wouldn't want any of them, and that is somewhat hard to believe.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #138
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't necessarily trying to say any of them are elite, per say. Just pointing out that they are valuable players that would find a spot on any NFL roster.
He said he wouldn't want any of them, and that is somewhat hard to believe.
I agree about the obtuseness.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #139
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Brian Cushing
Johnathon Joseph
Danieal Manning
Glover Quin
Duane Brown

Maybe it really depends on what team a person is a fan of since 'wanting' a Texans player would be a result of an evaluation of the current player on that fan's team. Sure they might be good/great players but are they better than the current player at that position?

Its not 'hating' on a player- its just not valuing them as much as you do....converesly there are players on my team that you wouldn't want because you think your guy is better.
Old 01-11-2013   #140
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Touchdown View Post
I feel sorry for Pats fans when Brady retires.
I think Mallett might surprise some people.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read