Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 9 1/2 Point Dogs Against Pats

It is pieces like this that I am hearing and reading where ever I go.

Quote:
Two teams advanced, one looked Super
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 5, 2013, 11:08 PM EST

Saturday’s start of the postseason went according to form, as the division champion No. 3 seeds in each conference advanced by winning at home, eliminating the wild card No. 6 seeds. But the similarities between the two games end there.

In Houston, the Texans won an ugly game over the Bengals but did nothing to suggest that they have much of a chance of winning next weekend at New England — let alone winning two more games to get to the Super Bowl. In Green Bay, however, the Packers looked like legitimate Super Bowl contenders.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #22
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33670 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Our defense had a nice game overall. But next game, Brady will burn us if we are blitz happy. He can burn us with long and mid field passes. And, with his talented receivers, you won't have any idea to whom his passes will go.
A lot of those long missed passes by Dalton would be completed by Brady. We NEED a safety back there.
Old 01-05-2013   #23
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
The spread is set to attract bettors to the Texans side of the wager.

Everyone is jumping on NE.
I think it's more of the opposite.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #24
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think it's more of the opposite.
Agree. I would take NE -9.5 and I don't think I'll change my mind.
Old 01-10-2013   #25
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I know one group that will be rooting like crazy for us to win on Sunday and that's Vegas. I talked to a friend of mine who's in this business locally and he said 90% of the wagers he's taken have been on the Patriots. Haven't checked yet to see how the money is coming in at Vegas, but I doubt it is much different. They stand to possibly make a killing with us keeping this a close game or even winning.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of Las Vegas is going Pats win ~40-31
Old 01-10-2013   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats should be double digit favs....they manhandled the Texans without Gronk at the eoy, plus we are down two more inside linebackers since then, plus we barely beat the worst team in the playoffs last week.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Pats should be double digit favs....they manhandled the Texans without Gronk at the eoy, plus we are down two more inside linebackers since then, plus we barely beat the worst team in the playoffs last week.
We are missing a lot of starters, just like last year. This time it's on defense. I just don't see how we will pull this one out, but I sure as hell hope that somehow we do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #29
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I have had a horrendous year betting, so much so I can actually affect the outcome of games.

I teased ND + 17 and the Pats -2 on Monday. I was always going to lose the bet mind you, but which end of the teaser would kill it? All we needed was ND to keep it within 17 to ensure Pats -2 didnt work, thus ensuring the Texans basically winning the game on Sunday to kill my bet. Didnt play out that way. Damn you Irish!!

Now , the only thing I can offer with Pats -9.5 is for us to keep it within 2 scores.
Tailgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #30
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year the Pats beat the Broncos in Foxboro in the Divisional round 45-10. The thing about the Patriots is that if they are going to win by 10, they are going to win by 20, 30, etc. They don't let up.

If its close, I think we win. If we lose, I think we lose big.
Old 01-10-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Our defense had a nice game overall. But next game, Brady will burn us if we are blitz happy. He can burn us with long and mid field passes. And, with his talented receivers, you won't have any idea to whom his passes will go.
That's why you have to have two bad-ass Cover Corners. Just so happen, we've got three. Jjo, Kjax, & BHarris.

Watt's going to write another page in his H.O.F. story book & it's going to be largely because Tom Terrific is going to have to hold the ball more than 2.5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
A lot of those long missed passes by Dalton would be completed by Brady. We NEED a safety back there.
& we would have played it different if it were Brady.
Old 01-10-2013   #32
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98091 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's why you have to have two bad-ass Cover Corners. Just so happen, we've got three. Jjo, Kjax, & BHarris.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I know what you're thinking, but the kids a baller & playing with a lot of confidence now. He's a big play waiting to happen, mark my words my friend.

We're going to be absolutely giddy after the game Sunday. We'll be the Super Bowl Favorites again. Nationwide.
Old 01-10-2013   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Talking Re: Texans 9 1/2 Point Dogs Against Pats

Quote:

Watt's going to write another page in his H.O.F. story book & it's going to be largely because Tom Terrific is going to have to hold the ball more than 2.5 seconds.

& we would have played it different if it were Brady.
Two bad-ass cover corners or not, we better have two bad-ass safeties over the top covering their bad-asses.
Old 01-10-2013   #35
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know what you're thinking, but the kids a baller & playing with a lot of confidence now. He's a big play waiting to happen, mark my words my friend.

We're going to be absolutely giddy after the game Sunday. We'll be the Super Bowl Favorites again. Nationwide.
I'm going to remember this post so I can come back to it on Sunday after the game.
Old 01-10-2013   #36
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm wasnt everyone calling for BHarris head a few weeks ago, now he is a shut down CB ??? He did play good against the Bengals, but lets be honest. Who didnt ?
Old 01-10-2013   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ummm wasnt everyone calling for BHarris head a few weeks ago, now he is a shut down CB ??? He did play good against the Bengals, but lets be honest. Who didnt ?
Not everyone. I've been on his side since the New England game. Even said I wasn't mad at him for being aggressive & drawing penalties...... still think that holding call on 3rd & 6 was ticky-tack.

Since he's been playing, I've seen everything I thought he would be when we drafted him & I did a little research. At first I was a little upset that they waited so long to get him on the field, but he's got his game legs under him real quick..... & I think he's ready to play.

When you're losing, people are quick to jump on every little mistake & make mountains out of mole hills. But, there's no doubt in my mind he can play.

Mark my words, next year the whole country will be talking about our secondary.... urrr.... in a good way, not like 2010.
Old 01-10-2013   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not everyone. I've been on his side since the New England game. Even said I wasn't mad at him for being aggressive & drawing penalties...... still think that holding call on 3rd & 6 was ticky-tack.

Since he's been playing, I've seen everything I thought he would be when we drafted him & I did a little research. At first I was a little upset that they waited so long to get him on the field, but he's got his game legs under him real quick..... & I think he's ready to play.

When you're losing, people are quick to jump on every little mistake & make mountains out of mole hills. But, there's no doubt in my mind he can play.

Mark my words, next year the whole country will be talking about our secondary.... urrr.... in a good way, not like 2010.
Yeah i havent thought he looked to bad myself. A few mistakes which should be expected from such a young inexperienced guy but overall i like his speed, and physical play. Coverage skills can be improved IMO but i see all the tools.
Old 01-11-2013   #39
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Notice the resemblance???

Neither do I.
lol nicely done
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
No.

I recall tk and I both said we liked Harris. I'm sure there were others as well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read