Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2013   #81
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
From the Minnesota game:

From Indy:

From our Cincinnati game
This one is tricky, depends on how strict your definition of Red Zone is. 1st down starts at the 24, but the first play from the 22 yard line is a pass.

Here, a pass play gets us into the Red Zone, the first play in the red zone is a run, but surely you aren't suggesting we change our approach here right?

So, I don't know if what is actually happening conducive with what you remember. As soon as we get to the red zone... sometimes we throw the ball. Sometimes on 1st down inside the red zone.... we pass. I don't see the "predictability"

He's calling the game just like you want.
2 of those drives kind of prove my point though. We threw early in the downs and finished with TDs on 2 of those drives. The last one against Cincy you can pretty much throw out though. We ran the ball on first down and Brooks was called for a holding penalty. That put us at 1st and goal from the 19 and almost in an obvious pass situation. And on another drive you picked out a 2nd down play where we threw the ball.

Listen, I know there are some situations in which he has thrown the ball on 1st down in the red zone recently. But based on what you pulled up the one time we threw the ball on a true first down around the red zone last game we punched it in. Later tonight I'll see if I can go back to the last few games and look at all of our red zone opportunities. I know you pulled up a few to try and prove your point, but I'll take a look at all of our red zone drives to see for myself.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is that the Texans didn't do as well between the 35 to the 20 yard line as they did in the RZ.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #83
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The thing is that the Texans didn't do as well between the 35 to the 20 yard line as they did in the RZ.
That seems to be true as well. I'm actually agreeing with Fiddler somewhat in that I don't buy the whole thing that we need to throw the ball in the end zone for the sake of proving we're aggressive. Have to take what the defense gives you in certain situations. Our execution has been poor mainly. I don't think we're doing much differently, but over-analyzing is predictable when things aren't going well.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
That seems to be true as well. I'm actually agreeing with Fiddler somewhat in that I don't buy the whole thing that we need to throw the ball in the end zone for the sake of proving we're aggressive. Have to take what the defense gives you in certain situations. Our execution has been poor mainly. I don't think we're doing much differently, but over-analyzing is predictable when things aren't going well.
Agree!

Overall, it still boils down to execution.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read