Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PO Game 2..Texans VS Pats....Lets Predict ;)

27-26 good guys.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #22
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i think i will just start making a poll. Will we win

Yes or No will be easier and maybe with less negativity haha
Old 01-06-2013   #23
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27
Pats 24
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #24
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

do you guys need blood pressure medicine? not even 24 hours after a playoff win everyones freaking outXD enjoy your team they are still in the race, theres alot of other teams who are cleaning out there lockers right now..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #25
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59253 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

59-6 Pats
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #26
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

30 - 23 texans
Old 01-09-2013   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

24 Texans
17 Patriots

Bulls On Parade and Foster do their thing, Schaub plays great with 2 td passes and 0 ints.
Old 01-09-2013   #28
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to see the Texans defense show up, wreak some havoc and bring some excruciating pain. If the Pats win this one I want them to LIMP into the next game with 3rd stringers. Win at ALL cost or at least put up one hell of a fight.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #29
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to admit I'm not touching this one. I'm going to ride my heart for this game and not my head. The football fan in me tells me one thing and my heart another. I have decided to take my heart and say screw the objectivity.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #30
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

31-24, Bad guys.

that's fun to say.
Old 01-09-2013   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I just want to see the Texans defense show up, wreak some havoc and bring some excruciating pain. If the Pats win this one I want them to LIMP into the next game with 3rd stringers. Win at ALL cost or at least put up one hell of a fight.
This I can agree with.

If you're gonna' go down, just make sure you knife them in the achilles or something...make them easy prey for their next game.

Do NOT puss out and hoist a white flag like they did last time.
Old 01-09-2013   #32
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this game is within our reach the whole time. But in the end, Pats and Gronk are just too much for our LBs while we dont have Cushing to compliment JJ Watt on the otherside of the ball and they put the game away in the 4th.

The LB units are the difference imo.

Pats 34
Texans 23

Last edited by Tailgate; 01-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #33
OilerTexan
Rookie

We lost the game on paper. So we'll have to win it on the actual field.

We need to be ahead or tied at the half. We can't afford a ST break down. "No Helmet" will have a big game.

We win 26 (2 TDs, 4 FG) - 24 (3 TDs, 1 FG).
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #34
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans = 21
Patsies = 14

Schaub will throw for 235 yds and 2 TDs
Foster will run for 128 yds and 1 TD
Old 01-09-2013   #35
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the game is close, I think we win. I think my prediction is 30 - 28 Texans

If the Pats win, I think they will win big. 35 - 12.

But I think the first scenarios is the one I'm sticking to
Old 01-09-2013   #36
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's be realistic. The Texans really struggled against a much lesser opponent than the Patriots at Reliant. In fact, if Dalton doesn't miss AJ Green who was wide open in the endzone, we may not be having this discussion (Tom Brady will not miss those opportunities). If this was the same two teams we saw in September and October, then maybe, but the Patriots right now are miles ahead of the Texans. One thing I guess I'm thankful for about this game is that I have a game with real rooting interest to follow at this stage of the season. Fanbases for 24 other franchises can't say that. Unfortunately, I see it resembling the first game so my interest level will disipate rather quickly. Dan Shaughnessy is still a d*ck though.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #37
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

30-27

The Houston Texans!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #38
BrainTrust66
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Dan Shaughnessy is still a d*ck though.
I'm a Pats fan so (surprise), I'm picking them - somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-20. I totally agree with the quote above, though. We don't like him much up here, either.
BrainTrust66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #39
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Question for all of those predicting the Texans to win by scoring in the 30s, where are all those points going to come from? Since the 2nd half of the Titans game, they've scored five offensive TDs in the last 22 quarters they've played in. Now you expect them to put four up on the Pats defense that has only given up more than 20 points just one time since Nov. 18. Good to have faith I suppose.

Last edited by mridge01; 01-09-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: correction
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #40
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Question for all of those predicting the Texans to win by scoring in the 30s, where are all those points going to come from? Since the 2nd half of the Titans game, they've scored five offensive TDs in the last 22 quarters they've played in. Now you expect them to put four up on the Pats defense that has only given up more than 20 points just one time since Nov. 18. Good to have faith I suppose.
Pats fan....

Patriots 27-16
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read