Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-08-2013   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Report:Rob Ryan fired

Per espn tv
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report:Rob Ryan fired

Rob has had one top 10 defense in 9 seasons as defensive coordinator. He'll probably get another DC job, but he doesn't deserve one.
Old 01-08-2013   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

this was actually one of his better jobs with the 10,000 injuries to their LBs and safties...not that Lucky is wrong overall.
Old 01-08-2013   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Rob has had one top 10 defense in 9 seasons as defensive coordinator. He'll probably get another DC job, but he doesn't deserve one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
this was actually one of his better jobs with the 10,000 injuries to their LBs and safties...not that Lucky is wrong overall.
No disagreement...............BUT.........why the heck is the HC untouched? He didn't burn it up as OC.......and he certainly has not burned it up at HC.........but I guess Romo and him will be there until Jerry stops drinking.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #5
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to clean house starting with the GM, then the entire coaching staff. Garrett is the only head coach to ice his own kicker...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
RT @espn_macmahon Rob Ryan confirms he's fired. "I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes," he said.

Dumb fire, with the injuries that D had?

Just like Jerruh to fire Ryan and keep Garrett.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This pisses me off. Ryan, with the D injuries, is actually the one who kept them in games while Garrett's offense floundered for 3 quarters. Garrett should be the one going. He is Judas.
Old 01-08-2013   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard this a few hours ago.

This is AWESOME!!!

Hear me out - 3 point plan.....

1) McNair fires Kubiak.

2) McNair names Wade Head Coach

3) McNair names Ryan DC.....

That my friends is called being facetious!!

Old 01-08-2013   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, his brother's looking for a new DC, although he may have to wait and see if the Jets new GM allows nepotism.

Rob working for Rex might actually be pretty interesting in a car-fire kind of way.
Old 01-08-2013   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I heard this a few hours ago.

This is AWESOME!!!

Hear me out - 3 point plan.....

1) McNair fires Kubiak.

2) McNair names Wade Head Coach

3) McNair names Ryan DC.....

That my friends is called being facetious!!

Naw, Wade would need an offensive guy, like Norv Turner. (not saying I want this, just sticking to old relationships)
Old 01-08-2013   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

If Lovie doesn't get a head coaching gig, I could see Jerry trying to bring him in, but they would have to retool the defense with T2 guys. Rob Ryan might end up in KC — Chiefs have 3-4 talent and that is the type of defense that he likes to run.
Old 01-08-2013   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
If Lovie doesn't get a head coaching gig, I could see Jerry trying to bring him in, but they would have to retool the defense with T2 guys. Rob Ryan might end up in KC — Chiefs have 3-4 talent and that is the type of defense that he likes to run.
If Lovie doesn't get a head coaching job, I could see him coming home. I think you can basically jog from Big Sandy to Dallas. Jerry did say that things wouldn't be comfortable at Valley Ranch in the coming days. That alone tells me that probably wasn't a good time to go on vacation. Since it's late evening, I'll give Rob a pass on the five minutes and will wait 48 hours to see where he lands.

My initial reaction was shock, but once that wore off and I began to think I can't say I didn't leave any of the games in awe over the offense or the defense. Heck most of the time when we did win I was more relieved than excited. I also checked Ryans record as a DC and it really isn't that impressive. With that said, I'm curious to see what's going to unfold from these and other possible events.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Rob Ryan is a loser and a slob - looks like a perfect fit for the Raiders to me.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #14
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

For cryin' out loud---the Browns almost beat them.

Anybody on that coaching staff that did not seriously debate biting a bullet needs to be fired.

And I'm a diehard Browns fan.

PS: Good luck this weekend--I'll be pulling for you guys.
Old 01-09-2013   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

When I see Jones doing stupid things like this it just makes me smile.
Old 01-09-2013   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

You're Fired!!!! Are the two words Jerry Jones should say to himself.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
You're Fired!!!! Are the two words Jerry Jones should say to himself.
I just had two visions:
1) Vince McMahon and,
2) The Trump

Old 01-12-2013   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Report: Rob Ryan is the Rams’ first choice to be their new defensive coordinator

By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 13 hours ago

Quote:
It took a bit longer than five minutes for him to find a new job, but not too much longer in the grand scheme of things. Three days after he was fired by the Dallas Cowboys, longtime NFL defensive coordinator Rob Ryan may have been hired by the St. Louis Rams to fill that same position. Brian Costello of the New York Post was the first with the report. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that while Ryan is the Rams' first choice, a contract is not yet in place...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
No disagreement...............BUT.........why the heck is the HC untouched? He didn't burn it up as OC.......and he certainly has not burned it up at HC.........but I guess Romo and him will be there until Jerry stops drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
When I see Jones doing stupid things like this it just makes me smile.

How do we know this isn't a Jason Garrett move?

I mean, I try to defend Jerrah as a GM, I think he's done a great job of getting talent on that team. Some may disagree, but it's at least arguable.

However, if this is his move, then I may have to rethink my position. I think it's over the line & a move that should have been made by the HC.

But.... if this was orchestrated by Jerrah & culminated in the Monte Kiffen hire.. I gotta give Jerrah props. Rob Ryan did a fine job, but Monte brings more to the table.

Maybe he's someone Jerrah respects, maybe he's someone Jerrah will consult. Maybe he's the guy that will fix the Cowboy's Jerry Jones problem.

Kinda strange from the DC position, but that's who Monte is. He's got no intentions of ever being a HC & he loves to teach...

so, we'll see.
Old 01-12-2013   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Yahoo is trending that he is getting hired by the Rams. Fisher/Ryan is a match made in Heaven. The Rams are going to be a force in the NFC.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read