Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-07-2013   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bama vs. ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I think McCarron is better than Barkley in all facets of the game, including arm strength. Barkley will probably not be the first Qb taken anyway. My money is on Geno Smith, and maybe Tyler Wilson to go ahead of him. Weather or not they should is another discussion.
It would be close, but you may be right. I hate Geno's pocket presence late in the season and thats a HUGE thing in the NFL. I love Tyler Wilson though, and wish he had a better senior season. But I would snatch him or McCarron up yesterday if someone told us we could get either in the second round this year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #22
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think McCarron is better than Barkley in all facets of the game, including arm strength. Barkley will probably not be the first Qb taken anyway. My money is on Geno Smith, and maybe Tyler Wilson to go ahead of him. Weather or not they should is another discussion.
I'm not sure how McCarron would do on a team that has far less talent than Bama' does but compared to Barkley, Smith, Wilson, and others...he's freakishly poised and can make plays happen.

If he keeps doing what he does, he can easily secure a spot as a #1 overall pick IMO.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #23
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

If your a Longhorn alum that is a big time booster, you know you are sitting there thinking that canning Mack and paying Saban a million more would be totally worth it. Hell, Alabama would never be able to match Texas for Saban's services, plus he gets the great stat of Texas.
Old 01-07-2013   #24
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I would use whatever our first pick was on McCarron. I really like him. He the kind of young man i want my daughter to marry.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #25
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
It would be close, but you may be right. I hate Geno's pocket presence late in the season and thats a HUGE thing in the NFL. I love Tyler Wilson though, and wish he had a better senior season. But I would snatch him or McCarron up yesterday if someone told us we could get either in the second round this year.
I like 4 other Qb's better than Geno Smith. He is a product of his offense, and the lack of defense in the Big 12. Vastly overrated. It would be disappointing if the Texans took him no matter the round. Horrible pocket presence, and he is bad at pre and post snap reads. Austin and Bailey got alot of yards for him after the catch on intermediate routes.
Old 01-07-2013   #26
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
If your a Longhorn alum that is a big time booster, you know you are sitting there thinking that canning Mack and paying Saban a million more would be totally worth it. Hell, Alabama would never be able to match Texas for Saban's services, plus he gets the great stat of Texas.
Are you sure about that? I'm sure Alabama has some very wealthy booster of their own that would pony up to keep Saban if some school tried offering him a larger contract. Alabama isn't Syracuse or Western Michigan...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #27
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like McCarron's moxie and such, but he does not come off as more than a 2nd/3rd round guy to me.
Old 01-07-2013   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 01-07-2013   #29
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Wow. The more Ala dominates ND the more I'm impressed with the Aggies and Manziel.
Old 01-07-2013   #30
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know alabama the state might be poor, Alabama the university especially as pertains to football can and will match anything anybody wants to throw at Saban.
Old 01-07-2013   #31
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would use whatever our first pick was on McCarron. I really like him. He the kind of young man i want my daughter to marry.
No offense to you or your daughter, but I'm pretty sure little Miss Alabama has that wrapped up. WOW. Shots of her in the stands was my favorite part of this game. What a lucky guy, you get to win a national championship (2nd) and then get to go home with that bird, he's like a young Tom Brady. I'm sold.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #32
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I like McCarron's moxie and such, but he does not come off as more than a 2nd/3rd round guy to me.
I can't agree with you here..... If you watch this guy enough you'll see there's not a single throw he can't make. I'm going to fall short of saying he reminds me of Tom Brady, but there's something about him that makes me think of Brady while watching him. Don't forget where Brady was drafted. McCarron does everything well. It's just not a sexy game because of the offense he plays in. To me he's big time underrated.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #33
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Manti Te'Who?

Man this cat went from looking like a top 7 pick to looking like a 5th round pick...

How does somebody who wins all those awards miss that many tackles?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #34
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Manti Te'Who?

Man this cat went from looking like a top 7 pick to looking like a 5th round pick...

when they're running down your throat like that, you're bound to fold up...besides, that whole defense was missing tackles..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #35
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Manti Te'Who?

Yeah, seriously. Teo might have just cost himself millions with that performance. Maybe the Ravens fans will get their wish and replace Ray Lewis with him after all!
Old 01-08-2013   #36
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I can't agree with you here..... If you watch this guy enough you'll see there's not a single throw he can't make. I'm going to fall short of saying he reminds me of Tom Brady, but there's something about him that makes me think of Brady while watching him. Don't forget where Brady was drafted. McCarron does everything well. It's just not a sexy game because of the offense he plays in. To me he's big time underrated.
There enough passing in the alabama offense that he can look sexy, if he is that kind of good. anyway, i have another season of college football to be convinced.

Just don't think a guy with Ms. alabama, 2 national titles would be messing around with a 5th year of college if he were any kind of lock at the top of draft.
Old 01-08-2013   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, seriously. Teo might have just cost himself millions with that performance. Maybe the Ravens fans will get their wish and replace Ray Lewis with him after all!
kinda like the Colts getting Luck(y) after Manning

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There enough passing in the alabama offense that he can look sexy, if he is that kind of good. anyway, i have another season of college football to be convinced.

Just don't think a guy with Ms. alabama, 2 national titles would be messing around with a 5th year of college if he were any kind of lock at the top of draft.
or locking down that babe with a big mega-carrot rock

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #39
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:

I really don't understand why he isn't going into the draft this year. If I were him, I would draft this year because the QB class is so weak, he would be more likely to go in the 1st after riding all the hype of back to back NCs.
Old 01-08-2013   #40
coon
Veteran

Quote:

If he played in a different system. Lets go with West Vriginia's system, he would put up number's equal too or better than Geno Smith while winning more games. He is that good.

It doesn't seem so far fetched that maybe the kid grew up loving and respecting the Bama legacy. Now he is creating one of his own and he wants it to be the best. Legacy's are important to some people, Peyton, and Andrew Luck passed up being the number one pick to try and win NCAA championship's fairly recently.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read