Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2005   #21
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdakers28
I saw 70100 something at the game for attendance but it sure does not sound right
That might have been the attendance of the tailgaters

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #22
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

How about this picture, I snapped from my seats:

Funny stuff.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #23
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

it is a shame how bad this texans team is this year.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
I would just like to commend that individual for staying till the end along with the rest of us. OK, SOME of the rest of us. I also want to thank all those regular Houston attendees who left at hafltime or the third QTR, just like you always do.

I have to say this is the first game that at the end I didn't have to stand in line at the restrooms, or do those baby step shuffles to get out the main doors and on the ramps walking back to the parking lot. heck I even moved down a couple of rows just to check out an alternative view angle or two. This game rocked for me. It was sweet to walk around and try out a few different seats. And go to the restroom whenever I WANTED too without having to worry about the lines.

Go Houstonites and keep up the good work. I drive much to far to have to wait n line either at the restroom or ramps anyway.
yep, we noticed there were NO lines at the concession stands at HALFTIME. That, in itself, was a first...and it was a weird feeling.

We always stay until the end of the game - 0:00 - as just a matter of principle. Heck, the cheerleaders' dance at the two minute warning is worth the wait...but that's about all there was to hang out for....except to laugh at all the drunks randomly yelling "you suck Capers!". (I gotta' admit, that was funny, even if lowbrow.)

It's an eerie feeling, supporting a losing team and watching a stadium almost full of people empty within an hour or so. I hope we don't experience this for a long, long time. It's definitely rock bottom.
Old 11-23-2005   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

There were a whole lot more people there than there were for the Browns game. As someone mentioned, it was pretty full midway through the 1st. But by hafltime it started clearing out pretty steadily and by the 4th the place was almost empty.

The Browns game the seats never did fill up. There couldn't have been more than 50,000 bodies there for that game.

The NFL used to list tickets sold and no-shows in their attendance figures. Don't know why they stopped doing that.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #26
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i stayed till the very end. we sat in 104 then moved a little bit more behind the bench.

my "friend" even started laughing because apparently he couldnt help but laugh at how bad they were. THEN we went to see the players outside and AJ was just looked horrible and there were only about 5 people waiting outside to try to get autographs or pictures from the rest of the players.

im still i texan fan and i will stay till the clock says 0....of the 4th quarter
Old 11-24-2005   #27
TexansStill
Rookie

Default The tickets sold attendance was 70,481

But, with just under 9 min left in the game, the General attemdance could not have been more than 3000. It was a horrible site. I know that this season is a train wreck, but i really hate seeing things like this. On National T.V., we really came out looking terrible as a team and fanbase. Oh well.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read