Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2013   #121
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4107 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boston columnist slams Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't think the Jets sent him to the curb. If I remember right, Parcells hand picked Bellichick to replace him & Bellichick gave them the finger.

The Jets were upset about that for a long time.
As they were coming to the podium to introduce Belichick as the head coach, Bill handed the Jets brass a hand written napkin that read "I resign as HC of the NYJ."

Short video of Belichick resigning

There are those of us that believe the Jets are still upset about it.
Old 01-09-2013   #122
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Arian Foster is a fraud. Isn't he supposed to be this renaissance-man-all-worldly-philosophical-literature-reading guy? Why would he be stupid enough to post that bum column on his twitter avatar? That's like shaking a guy hand and giving him your money after he just ***** slapped you and your whole family.

And I don't buy that motivation crap. This is the playoffs. If you can't be motivated by that fact something wrong with you. And there's no such thing as "extra" motivation. Either you're motivated or you're not. It's not like Arian is a 10yr vet whose been in the PA every year during his career and the need of an extra spark might help.

Now this Shaughnessy turd checks just got fatter from writing such a stirring article that got pickup by Espn and cbs sports.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #123
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
One of the key tenants of the "Patriot Way" is "don't listen to the noise". It comes right after "do your job". in other words, don't listen to what the mediots in the press and talk shows are saying. They don't know whats going on.

Right now Adrian Foster is "listening to the noise". Not a great sign. Well actually it IS a great sign.....if you are a Pats fan.
Dallas Cowboy Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson prior to facing the Steelers in a Superbowl said: "Terry Bradshaw is so STUPID, he couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 't.' ." Bradshaw paid attention...I forget...who won that Superbowl again?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #124
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4107 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Dallas Cowboy Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson prior to facing the Steelers in a Superbowl said: "Terry Bradshaw is so STUPID, he couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 't.' ." Bradshaw paid attention...I forget...who won that Superbowl again?
Hollywood wasn't a member of the media. The players hear when others players yap. Steelers DB Anthony Smith guaranteed a win against NE in '07. Brady specifically targeted him, and then he made sure to get in his face about it during the game.

Video highlights here. 1:27 of the video shows Brady yapping back.

They did the same thing in 2004 against the Eagles, with Freddie Mitchell running his mouth as well.
Old 01-09-2013   #125
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
Hollywood wasn't a member of the media. The players hear when others players yap. Steelers DB Anthony Smith guaranteed a win against NE in '07. Brady specifically targeted him, and then he made sure to get in his face about it during the game.

Video highlights here. 1:27 of the video shows Brady yapping back.

They did the same thing in 2004 against the Eagles, with Freddie Mitchell running his mouth as well.

The contingent among the national media is a Patriot win. ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, NBC Sports and CBS sports are all unanimous in thinking the Pats will take this one. The only thing they disagree on is the "margin of victory." If you're on that Texan Team you're thinking that you'll be playing against The Patriots, The Crowd at Foxborrough, The Refs AND the National Media. Sorry but if I had a bull on the side of my helmet I'd be making it my mission to prove ALL of the aforementioned wrong.
Doug Williams was a back up QB with the Redskins playing against John Elway and the heavily favored Broncos. The sports writers GAVE that game to the Broncos before a down was played. When Elway and the Broncos scored FIRST they merely thought they had confirmation. The rest of the game proved OTHERWISE.

If the Texans defense goes into this game remembering that Thomas Brady was not BORN IN A MANGER in Bethlehem, DIDN'T preach the sermon on the mount, perform the miracle of the loaves and fishes, WON'T be betrayed by one of his disciples and WON'T rise on the 3rd day after his crucifixion then they MIGHT just have a shot.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 01-09-2013   #126
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The contingent among the national media is a Patriot win. ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, NBC Sports and CBS sports are all unanimous in thinking the Pats will take this one. The only thing they disagree on is the "margin of victory." If you're on that Texan Team you're thinking that you'll be playing against The Patriots, The Crowd at Foxborrough, The Refs AND the National Media. Sorry but if I had a bull on the side of my helmet I'd be making it my mission to prove ALL of the aforementioned wrong.
Doug Williams was a back up QB with the Redskins playing against John Elway and the heavily favored Broncos. The sports writers GAVE that game to the Broncos before a down was played. When Elway and the Broncos scored FIRST they merely thought they had confirmation. The rest of the game proved OTHERWISE.

If the Texans defense goes into this game remembering that Thomas Brady was not BORN IN A MANGER in Bethlehem, DIDN'T preach the sermon on the mount, perform the miracle of the loaves and fishes, WON'T be betrayed by one of his disciples and WON'T rise on the 3rd day after his crucifixion then they MIGHT just have a shot.
wait, so your saying you guys have to nail TB12 to a cross to win?

I know the underdogs can win. I was there in New Orleans when they won the first one, and the Rams fans were all politely arrogant. I am not saying you can't win. You can. But if you need the CHB to motivate your players, then that's a problem. They should *in best Ray Lewis voice* to a man, go to Foxboro and take what's theirs. I just don't think they will. I think Kubiak will play it safe and the Pats will do just enough to win.
Old 01-09-2013   #127
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
wait, so your saying you guys have to nail TB12 to a cross to win?

I know the underdogs can win. I was there in New Orleans when they won the first one, and the Rams fans were all politely arrogant. I am not saying you can't win. You can. But if you need the CHB to motivate your players, then that's a problem. They should *in best Ray Lewis voice* to a man, go to Foxboro and take what's theirs. I just don't think they will. I think Kubiak will play it safe and the Pats will do just enough to win.
Two things:

1. God no. If they do that he'll win and several Brady religions will bet started.

2. I'm hoping your wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read