Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2013   #101
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 26739 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
One of the key tenants of the "Patriot Way" is "don't listen to the noise". It comes right after "do your job". in other words, don't listen to what the mediots in the press and talk shows are saying. They don't know whats going on.

Right now Adrian Foster is "listening to the noise". Not a great sign. Well actually it IS a great sign.....if you are a Pats fan.
Adrian Foster? Sounds like you're listening to the noise!
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #102
ralph
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boston columnist slams Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
heh. That's how we feel about the ball-washers that are on their knees for Manning.
At least we can come together and agree that Manning blows.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #103
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't get too invested in the Jets playoff upset in the 2010 playoffs. There are only 23 players on the Pats that had to endure the pain of that loss.

In 2010 BB was just into the 2nd year of a virtual reboot of the Roster that dominated the league until 2007 There are only about 8 players left from that 2007 team. Most people aren't aware that the Pats had the youngest defense in the league. BB's genius is that managed that roster reboot while still remaining one of better teams in the league every year.
No not that I was comparing the Jets team and situation to that of our own now.

Only that it seemed like the Jets listened to all the noise then and it probably motivated them. I mean the first thing their team captain says after the win is about how everyone doubted them and even named some of those that did.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #104
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One of the key tenants of the "Patriot Way" is "don't listen to the noise". It comes right after "do your job". in other words, don't listen to what the mediots in the press and talk shows are saying. They don't know whats going on.

Right now Adrian Foster is "listening to the noise". Not a great sign. Well actually it IS a great sign.....if you are a Pats fan.
Your post stinks you make me laugh.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #105
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Arian Foster will show up and kick ass. Don't kid yourself.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #106
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Good bullentin board material......I dont blame Arian Foster.....anything to motivate.....
Somebody telling him his team is no good.....added motivation....another person telling him he cant do something......watch out.....that kind of thing is what motivates him....it did growing up....if you watched that ESPN special on him.
Patriots writer...thanks for the added motivation....I was hoping one of those east coast writers would say something stupid......and they did........
Let Loose the Bulls on Parade.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #107
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chew on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Hmmm ...

Coincidence? You decide.
Old 01-07-2013   #108
patfanken
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 patfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Adrian Foster? Sounds like you're listening to the noise!
As for "listening to the noise", I'm a fan. That's my job.

As for Adrian Foster, a great player who I have great respect and admiration for. I don't mean to imply that he's a bad guy for "listening to the noise". Its only natural. That's why the Pats put so much effort in NOT being distracted by outside influences. Its a learned skill that been institutionalized in Foxboro. Players are made aware of this from the first day they walk in the door.

Bottom like, Foster shouldn't be listening to the musings of the mediots, whether they are praising or damning his team. The fact that he is, probably doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things. If anything his tweets are probably now bulletin board material in the Pats locker room. But you'll never get them to say so publicly.
patfanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #109
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As for Adrian Foster, a great player who I have great respect and admiration for. I don't mean to imply that he's a bad guy for "listening to the noise". Its only natural. That's why the Pats put so much effort in NOT being distracted by outside influences. Its a learned skill that been institutionalized in Foxboro. Players are made aware of this from the first day they walk in the door.
If you truly want to respect and admire ARIAN, you may want to start by getting his name right hahah
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #110
ralph
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Bottom like, Foster shouldn't be listening to the musings of the mediots, whether they are praising or damning his team. The fact that he is, probably doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things. If anything his tweets are probably now bulletin board material in the Pats locker room. But you'll never get them to say so publicly.
Just like Jordan shouldn't have listened to the reporter who said he couldn't shoot threes before he played Portland?
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #111
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not listening to the noise is "institutionalized in Foxboro", yet Arian's tweets are probably now bulletin board material in the Pats locker room?
LOL. Dude, pick a stance, and take it, but you can't have both polar opposite sides in the same argument.
You wack, yo...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #112
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"Not being distracted by outside influence" "Fosters tweets are probably bulletin board material". So, which is it, and what exactly has Foster tweeted that would be that sort of material exactly (I'm pretty sure you won't find any)?

I've heard many Pats fans say that if Foster needs extra motivation then the Texans have already lost. I'm sure the '01 Pats didn't use any sort of media written about them or how they were gifted a win vs Oakland as motivation going into the game against the Rams. Motivation in football is a funny thing and can certainly lead to great upsets. And we've certainly seen the Pats fall to a team their fans believe than to be superior than during playoff and championship football. So you go ahead and keep believing that there is nothing to worry about from the lowly Texans.
Old 01-08-2013   #113
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I've read where both Brady and Belichick are expecting a dogfight, are preparing hard and are adding wrinkles...in other words, normal, gameday preparation. What some jerk hole writer says will have no bearing on the game unless the Texans let it get in their head and start doing stupid things to go over the top. I don't see that happening either.
Old 01-08-2013   #114
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I've read where both Brady and Belichick are expecting a dogfight, are preparing hard and are adding wrinkles...in other words, normal, gameday preparation. What some jerk hole writer says will have no bearing on the game unless the Texans let it get in their head and start doing stupid things to go over the top. I don't see that happening either.
I'm pretty sure Brady learned his lesson after famously asking when the last time the Patriots only scored 17 was, responding to a score prediction made by Plaxico Burress before the Superbowl.
Old 01-08-2013   #115
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Just like Jordan shouldn't have listened to the reporter who said he couldn't shoot threes before he played Portland?
Jordan is the perfect example of this...He was a player that was always looking for some perceived slight in order to give him an edge. Just look at his HOF speech.

Arian Foster himself is a good example of this. He still carries a chip on his shoulder about being undrafted. I hope he keeps remembering that and using it to motivate himself.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #116
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

none of this back & forth, twitter feeds and crap is gonna matter if they come out the same way they did last time....i really wish people stop talking about this....All they're doing is giving this bum ass columnist attention.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #117
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
"Not being distracted by outside influence" "Fosters tweets are probably bulletin board material". So, which is it, and what exactly has Foster tweeted that would be that sort of material exactly (I'm pretty sure you won't find any)?

I've heard many Pats fans say that if Foster needs extra motivation then the Texans have already lost. I'm sure the '01 Pats didn't use any sort of media written about them or how they were gifted a win vs Oakland as motivation going into the game against the Rams. Motivation in football is a funny thing and can certainly lead to great upsets. And we've certainly seen the Pats fall to a team their fans believe than to be superior than during playoff and championship football. So you go ahead and keep believing that there is nothing to worry about from the lowly Texans.
The Pats are funny about outside motivation. Rodney Harrison mastered it and ingrained it as part of the Patriot Way, making them out to be underdogs when they were double digit favorites.

What us fans believe is irrelevant. What matters is whats going on this week for game planning and how they execute. It's my belief that Belichick will coach the Pats up to win, and Kubiak will coach up your guys not to lose. I could be wrong, and I have no problem coming back in here to say I was wrong in the event the Texans beat the Pats. I just don't think they will. I think Belichick has the advantage.
Old 01-08-2013   #118
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Danny boy will be on 98.5 The SportsHub today.

edit: coming up at 11am EST
Old 01-08-2013   #119
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
The Pats are funny about outside motivation. Rodney Harrison mastered it and ingrained it as part of the Patriot Way, making them out to be underdogs when they were double digit favorites.

What us fans believe is irrelevant. What matters is whats going on this week for game planning and how they execute. It's my belief that Belichick will coach the Pats up to win, and Kubiak will coach up your guys not to lose. I could be wrong, and I have no problem coming back in here to say I was wrong in the event the Texans beat the Pats. I just don't think they will. I think Belichick has the advantage.
That one word is the key to everything. Belichick.

Has there been any other NFL coach who got sent to the curb like he did (Browns and Jets)...and then came back and basically re-invented himself and ended up dominating the way this guy has dominated for over a decade now? I mean, his level of coaching is like Michael Jordan'ish in terms of its duration and its unending relentlessness.
Old 01-08-2013   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Has there been any other NFL coach who got sent to the curb like he did (Browns and Jets)
I don't think the Jets sent him to the curb. If I remember right, Parcells hand picked Bellichick to replace him & Bellichick gave them the finger.

The Jets were upset about that for a long time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read