Originally Posted by The Third Man
* Punch them in the mouth up front. Bury Brady every chance you get. If he hands off and fakes a rollout; hit him then too.
* Get pressure. I really don't care how.
* No missed tackles. Swarm tackling.
* Knock the crap out of their slot receivers. No free releases. Disrupt the timing on those 3-step drop patterns.
* Mix up coverages.
* Brooks Reed, Cody containing their running game.
* Great safety play.
* JJ Watt doing another Forrest Whittaker from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" impersonation. Yes, release the Kraken!
* Punch them in the mouth up front. Brandon Brooks, your time is now!
* Establish the pass to get Schaub's confidence up. We can do quick-hitters too. Hit Posey and K-Mart on those. Put those young legs to use!
* Work over the Patriots LBs with the tight ends and James Casey. Nothing that takes forever to develop though. TE screens would be good.
* Spread the ball around. Don't over focus on Andre. I just said that.
* Arian Foster continuing to play like he owns the playoffs. Might be nice to share some carries with Tate, though.
Pretty much agree with the bolded comments.
On that last one, I'm for using Forsett over Tate unless we get the lead. Forsett's quicker and more elusive.
We can't start burning clock until mid 4th qtr. The Niner game showed me you can take your foot off Brady's neck too early. Score like our BCS standing depended on winning big.
While I'm on the subject of scoring, when we have the ball inside their ten, certainly inside their five, that's four-down territory.
...UNLESS that FG gives us a two-possession lead.