Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Rank the Final Eight

How do you rank the final 8 football teams?

My Rankings
  1. New England
  2. Denver
  3. Green Bay
  4. San Francisco
  5. Baltimore
  6. Seattle
  7. Atlanta
  8. Houston

Now, just because I got Houston last, don't think that I've given up on them. Actually, my hopes for a Super Bowl Championship has increased over the last 4 weeks.

I was more worried about it when we were the #1 team. Of all the teams that I know won't win the Super Bowl, it's that #1 team at the end of the season. I guarantee you whoever that number one team is will not win the Super Bowl. Not necessarily my number 1 team, I've got the Patriots as the best team left, they've been my #1 team since the end of the season, so I believe they have no chance (I know how that sounds).

That's also not to say the worst team (which was probably the Texans going into the play-offs) will win it. We've got to beat New England & that's not looking like a good bet right now.
Old 01-07-2013   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rank the Final Eight

I'd put Seattle and Atlanta above Baltimore, but I'd have to agree with the Texans being last on the list. I reckon one could argue the Texans over Baltimore, but not I

New England
Denver
Green Bay
San Francisco
Atlanta
Seattle
Baltimore
Houston
Old 01-07-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver
New England
San Francisco
Green Bay
Atlanta
Seattle
Houston
Baltimore
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #4
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4107 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

New England
San Fran
Seattle
Green Bay
Houston
Atlanta
Denver
Baltimore

I don't think there's a huge difference from 1 to 8, given the right game plan, any of the eight can beat each other. I think Seattle is playing with a lot of swagger right now, and that's pretty big IMO. They aren't afraid to play anyone, and they aren't going to choke. I'm not buying the hype of Denver, I think they are overrated as a team, but their QB is "pretty good".
Old 01-07-2013   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Green Bay
New England
Atlanta
Denver
San Francisco
Houston
Seattle
Baltimore
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #6
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver
New England
Green bay
Seattle
Sf
Houston
Atlanta
Baltimore

Pats Denver tossup, nod to denver for hfa and momentum at the end.

Baltimore the only team without a legitimate shot imo...can see them getting lit up in Denver.

Houston has the talent to match any for sure...but not on form lately and has a road from hell to the sb.
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Elites - Favorites to win it all
Denver
New England
Green bay

Something to Prove
Sf
Atlanta
Houston

Not enough talent to get you there
Seattle
Baltimore

Baltimore looks slow to me. Wilson is not taking the Seahakws to the superbowl. Houston has the talent but needs to back it up. Atlanta has a giant monkey on their back they need to get rid of. CK in the playoffs for SF is a big unknown. GB, Denver, and NE are all elite. I think GB's defense is by far the worst. I think Denver has the best defense. I think NE has the best offense.
Old 01-08-2013   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

New England
Denver
Green Bay
San Francisco
Seattle
Houston
Atlanta
Baltimore
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #9
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

NE
DEN
GB
SEA
SF
ATL
HOU
BAL

If Houston gets knocked out this weekend i definately wouldnt mind the conference championship games to be NE vs DEN and SEA vs GB ... the first game being the classic brady vs manning and the latter being a rematch for that blown call of the year.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read