Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2013   #41
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.

We at least made it as far as last year...despite losing Cushing, and despite all the changes we had to make this offseason to prepare for our long term stability as a team.

Maybe we just played too Vanilla last time? Maybe they will be rusty? Maybe Tom Brady comes down with mad cow disease prior to kickoff? Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year, let alone a playoff team. Maybe Foster absolutely goes OFF on them this time...

Who knows? ANYTHING can happen, and for whatever reason I am starting to get excited again. In 7 days, we just might be talking about playing for a spot in the Super Bowl. Whether likely or not, its why they play the game. Whats your attitude at the MO?

GO TEXANS!!!
Last week you acted like we had no chance. How about giving us a shot once we're in the playoffs instead of waiting for the team to win to get excited for their games.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, try to remain grounded enough so that a potential crash down to reality doesn't hurt you too much.....this is how i'm handling this week anyway.
This is how I have been all season. Even when we were 11 and 1 I just couldn't blindly believe in this team. I hate that I feel that way because its hard to enjoy the wins. Well I have decided **** it, I'm all in this week. It's been too long since my team has made it this far. (The oilers were my team before the texans.) So I'm going to lower my shield and open my arms to this team. Even going to block out all my negative thoughts about Schaub. It's time to enjoy football again. Even if its just for 1 game.

If we loose I can devote all my attention to the draft. That's actually my favorite part of the year anyway. Man you can tell I have been a Houston fan for a long time.
Old 01-07-2013   #43
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that feel bro. All the national talk about how the Texans cant do **** agianst the vaunted Patriots is getting my interest back. There is no way in hell the team is not hearing/reading any of this. If this doesnt light a fire under their butts nothing will.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #44
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I know that feel bro. All the national talk about how the Texans cant do **** agianst the vaunted Patriots is getting my interest back. There is no way in hell the team is not hearing/reading any of this. If this doesnt light a fire under their butts nothing will.
That is from the National Media though. You'd think our fans would at least be happy to see us in this position and be excited to watch us play for this game or any other match up in the playoffs. I don't think we will win, but we can win. Any Given Sunday at this point.
Old 01-07-2013   #45
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

We've beaten New England once in the past and I'm optimistic we can do the same again. All we need is a few guys to step up, make a big hit or something to get us fired up, and force Brady to make mistakes (easier said than done but he isn't perfect).

Either ways, I don't care how ugly the game is so long as we can escape with a W in the final column.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That is from the National Media though. You'd think our fans would at least be happy to see us in this position and be excited to watch us play for this game or any other match up in the playoffs. I don't think we will win, but we can win. Any Given Sunday at this point.

Yessir!!! YESSSSSIRRR!!! While I know we're not considered to have a chance....... Any Given "freakin'" Sunday... That's why the play the games, no??
Old 01-07-2013   #47
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Yessir!!! YESSSSSIRRR!!! While I know we're not considered to have a chance....... Any Given "freakin'" Sunday... That's why the play the games, no??
This is what the playoffs are about. Going in there and putting it all out there for one game. Speaking of the Patriots, I'll never forget their first Sb run. They were underdogs in every game. Their team went out there and beat the hell out of every team they played though and before that year they were thought of as a physical team. The Texans can make their own destiny at this point. It's all theirs for the taking and this is the year that they have the best potential to do it. Either way, it's fun to see our boys in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row after so many years of bickering about the team.

Cheers Bill!!
Old 01-07-2013   #48
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Last week you acted like we had no chance. How about giving us a shot once we're in the playoffs instead of waiting for the team to win to get excited for their games.
Lol... Thanks Dad!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #49
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23432 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year,

GO TEXANS!!!
Link:
http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/1/6/3...ame-team-twice
Look at the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings this year(backup QB). The two teams split their two regular season games and the Packers dominated with a 24-10 victory at Lambeau Field this past Saturday.

However, since the 2010 NFL season, teams that have played only twice—so that's disregarding divisional foes—have met a total of 16 times in the playoffs. The teams that won the first matchup have won seven times while the team that lost the first matchup ended up winning the playoff game nine times.

So for the teams that won the first matchup only posted a 7-9 record in the second game.

Granted, that gives the losing team the edge, but it's only a difference of two games.

Essentially, I'm not buying the whole idea "it's hard to beat the same team twice."

MEGA SWATT:
You know, this guy is so flawed in his thinking - He ignores the fact that the vikings had a backup QB and then denies the cold hard facts of 7-9, in which the losing teams (non-divisional) have the edge
Old 01-07-2013   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Done.

Last edited by GP; 01-07-2013 at 11:30 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #51
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, so Garrett Graham is now a concern? If he doesnt play I may have to retract my excitement completely.

I just hope Fiddler doesnt have to witness that.
If Graham is out, why not plug in Casey as the number 2 TE, and activate Clutts for the first time this season? Yeah. Remember Clutts? That guy we traded for? I like the option Casey gives us lining up as a FB, but if we don't have the luxury of Graham, then USE THE GUY WE TRADED FOR WHO IS MADE TO PLAY THE POSITION!!!!!

Clutts.

Oh. Btw. I'm feeling excitement as well. I think we can win.

No. No.

WE WILL ****ING WIN! I HAVE SAT BACK TOO LONG WAITING FOR THIS! THIS TEAM IS READY AND WE ARE BRINGING HOME THE LOMBARDI THIS SEASON!!!!!!!

And If I'm wrong, well.....(There's always next year)

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #52
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.
I agree 100%.
I hope the Texans play to their strength.
No mistakes which mean penalties also.
Need to win special teams.
Kubiak needs to outcoach BB

I want another HOME PLAYOFF game this season. HUGE!!!!!
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #53
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, so Garrett Graham is now a concern? If he doesnt play I may have to retract my excitement completely.

I just hope Fiddler doesnt have to witness that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
If Graham is out, why not plug in Casey as the number 2 TE, and activate Clutts for the first time this season? Yeah. Remember Clutts? That guy we traded for? I like the option Casey gives us lining up as a FB, but if we don't have the luxury of Graham, then USE THE GUY WE TRADED FOR WHO IS MADE TO PLAY THE POSITION!!!!!

Clutts.

Oh. Btw. I'm feeling excitement as well. I think we can win.

No. No.

WE WILL ****ING WIN! I HAVE SAT BACK TOO LONG WAITING FOR THIS! THIS TEAM IS READY AND WE ARE BRINGING HOME THE LOMBARDI THIS SEASON!!!!!!!

And If I'm wrong, well.....(There's always next year)
Because our offense is simply better and more flexible w Graham in the game. He is our Joel Dreessen. Casey is not blocking anybody like Graham could from a 3 point stance at the LOS. We must keep the LBs on their toes in coverage to keep pressure off Foster, and Graham is more disguisable coming out of his blocks than Casey is. With Casey at the FB spot, it adds even more flexibility to the passing game. And we are talking about winning in NE in January. Its already a monumental task w out limiting our offense even more. But he will play I think... He finished the game. Unless the concussion rules (whatever they are) snag him from us.

PLEASE let this man play.
Old 01-08-2013   #54
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because our offense is simply better and more flexible w Graham in the game. He is our Joel Dreessen. Casey is not blocking anybody like Graham could from a 3 point stance at the LOS. We must keep the LBs on their toes in coverage to keep pressure off Foster, and Graham is more disguisable coming out of his blocks than Casey is. With Casey at the FB spot, it adds even more flexibility to the passing game. And we are talking about winning in NE in January. Its already a monumental task w out limiting our offense even more. But he will play I think... He finished the game. Unless the concussion rules (whatever they are) snag him from us.

PLEASE let this man play.
I hope he plays as well, I'm just saying, if he CAN'T play, we have alternatives.

Fingers crossed

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013   #55
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a Ken's breakfast taco on the line for Sunday's game!
GO TEXANS!
Old 01-08-2013   #56
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk

Never forget!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #57
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So awesome! We totally need the new edition.
Old 01-12-2013   #58
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Two great games today. Tomorrow, it is our turn. 20 years of NFL futility for this city can be erased almost instantly with what would maybe be the greatest win in Houston football history. We can find a way to win this game. We must. Yea, I am excited.

GO TEXANS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0oTy...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Tailgate; 01-12-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2013   #59
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really pumped for this game. Not having playoff football for nearly 20 years has left my life without direction.

I think we face an uphill battle here, but we have to play the gameplan we set out in Cincy. Control the ball, run it well, and play smart on defense and don't commit stupid penalties. Brady won't be as out of it as Dalton, but hopefully Cincy's defense was a much tougher test for us than NE's
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #60
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
I don't expect he Pats to make many mistakes. We need to get hits on Brady early and often, and Wade has to dial up some different coverages besides straight up man. Schaub needs to figure out how to throw a td again, and the offense can't turn it over. If all those things happen then call me crazy but I think we win.
texans need to not blitz...if they go blitz heavy expect another beat down...this time bill wont put foot off gas..they need to keep alot in coverage..show down the vertical game and rattle brady..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read