Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #41
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I suppose you could say that, but it ignores the fact that Baltimore was a top 5 pass defense and NE was 31st.
Tom Terrific didn't have too many problems with the Jets #5, Steelers #1 and the Chiefs #6 last year.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Schaub's performance won't take the Texans far.
Yep, that's how I feel. I don't believe it's his fault. He's basically a heady QB with a serious lack of armstrength and no mobility.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #43
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yep, that's how I feel. I don't believe it's his fault. He's basically a heady QB with a serious lack of armstrength and no mobility.
I just feel as if he needs everything to be perfect to succeed. He wasn't stellar yesterday- he just channeled his inner T.J. Yates.
Old 01-06-2013   #44
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just feel as if he needs everything to be perfect to succeed. He wasn't stellar yesterday- he just channeled his inner T.J. Yates.
Yeah, he does try awefully hard not to take risks/make mistakes. I would too if I had to go against play-off calibre Ds with his arm (or mine).

I'm not a fan of Yates, until he learns a lot. He does have more physical ability, obviously.

Old 01-06-2013   #45
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is Schaub considered a heady QB. Does a heady QB make that throw to Casey? Does a heady QB zero in on one player all the time? Does a heady QB lose his cool and rush when there is no one around?
I am beginning to think MS is just the opposite of heady?
I just must miss all the pump fakes and looks he makes to redirect the DBs.
Is there a reason Matt does not have more flexibility at the line with play calls or is it just GK thinking he is always right?

I do agree 100% with the last part of your post?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Why is Schaub considered a heady QB. Does a heady QB make that throw to Casey? Does a heady QB zero in on one player all the time? Does a heady QB lose his cool and rush when there is no one around?
I am beginning to think MS is just the opposite of heady?
I just must miss all the pump fakes and looks he makes to redirect the DBs.
Is there a reason Matt does not have more flexibility at the line with play calls or is it just GK thinking he is always right?

I do agree 100% with the last part of your post?
I just want to point out that some QBs considered as "heady" made some poor throws at times.

Consider Peyton's 3 INTs game.
How about Brees' 5 INTs game.
And they lost those games, of course.

Then if you watch Luck' play throughout the season.
Besides the INTs that he threw, there were other balls that were dropped by the Defenders when Luck threw the ball right at their numbers as if they were the ones who ran the route. Balls that looked like the one Schaub threw yesterday were also common, but luckily, the DBs didn't time it quite right, or they couldn't quite haul the ball in.

Schaub is not a great QB, but he's not a bad one either.
That is all I'm saying.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #47
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I just want to point out that some QBs considered as "heady" made some poor throws at times.

Besides the INTs that he threw, there were other balls that were dropped by the Defenders when Luck threw the ball right at their numbers as if they were the ones who ran the route. Balls that looked like the one Schaub threw yesterday were also common, but luckily, the DBs didn't time it quite right, or they couldn't quite haul the ball in.

That is all I'm saying
Agree 100% with bold above . Sorry if you took offense to comment about heady.
i do consider the top 2 mentioned as heady. Luck I also think will be a heady QB in the future.

I did move Schaub ahead of Dalton in ranking.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I have never, ever posted that I did not want the Texans to win. Ever.
Yeah, you did. The thread was deleted after you lied about telling other posters to commit suicide and then challenged me to a fight somewhere.

It's exactly why no one takes you seriously. You post trash like that, and then when you're called on it, you deny ever doing it. I guess your account just gets stolen every other day.

Here is another confirmation from someone who saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Indeed and cited the massive benefits of picking 24th as opposed to 25th...
Yeah, I guess everyone is a liar in here but you. Lol!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

That is all I'm saying.
That is a lie. Therefore you are a liar.

Old 01-07-2013   #50
handswarmer
All Pro

No way you can put Schaub above Flacco.

Sorry, you just can't.
Old 01-07-2013   #51
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry, you just can't.
Its a wash.

Flacco has better are strength but is crazy inaccuarte.

Schaub has a noodle arm but has a better completion %

Neither can run but I would personally take Flacco
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry, you just can't.
Ummmmm, yes you can.... While Schaub is no great shakes, neither is Flacco.... Flacco has beneifitted from way better teams. Thats it.
Old 01-07-2013   #53
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Its a wash.

Flacco has better are strength but is crazy inaccuarte.

Schaub has a noodle arm but has a better completion %

Neither can run but I would personally take Flacco
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummmmm, yes you can.... While Schaub is no great shakes, neither is Flacco.... Flacco has beneifitted from way better teams. Thats it.
having AJ hasn't helped Schaub??? Texans defense is pretty good too. Ravens isn't. Yet Flacco wins...
Old 01-07-2013   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Word

having AJ hasn't helped Schaub??? Texans defense is pretty good too. Ravens isn't. Yet Flacco wins...
Ummmm, the Texans defense is pretty good?? Perhaps you're not aware that over the last 7 or 8 games they've been ranked around 26 or 27th? If you really wanna be a respectable poster here on TexansTalk, (which is really cool) and you've been cool in the past..... Know that.

AJ.... As much as we love him here (borderline Earl or Bum status), he'll be the first to admit he's missed a few this season.
Old 01-07-2013   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course AJ has helped Schaub and vice versa. Ravens D may not be as good this year but there is no doubt Flacco has benefited from better D's over the course of his career than Schaub. Flacco has also had Ray Rice his whole career while Schaub had no running game until Foster came along. And c'mon - he was just chucking and praying to Boldin last weekend. As someone above said, I would put them about on par - with very different skill sets. If forced to choose I would take Flacco mainly because of his age.
Old 01-07-2013   #56
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Of course AJ has helped Schaub and vice versa. Ravens D may not be as good this year but there is no doubt Flacco has benefited from better D's over the course of his career than Schaub. Flacco has also had Ray Rice his whole career while Schaub had no running game until Foster came along. And c'mon - he was just chucking and praying to Boldin last weekend. As someone above said, I would put them about on par - with very different skill sets. If forced to choose I would take Flacco mainly because of his age.
ONLY....... ONLY because of Flaccos age. Otherwise, it's a wash.
Old 01-07-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Of course AJ has helped Schaub and vice versa. Ravens D may not be as good this year but there is no doubt Flacco has benefited from better D's over the course of his career than Schaub. Flacco has also had Ray Rice his whole career while Schaub had no running game until Foster came along.
Yet Schaub has been more consistent. That's why I would rate Schaub over Flacco.

As far as potential goes, Flacco has him beat. But there's a lot of guys with more potential that hasn't been as consistently good as Schaub.
Old 01-07-2013   #58
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Yet Schaub has been more consistent. That's why I would rate Schaub over Flacco.

As far as potential goes, Flacco has him beat. But there's a lot of guys with more potential that hasn't been as consistently good as Schaub.
It does seem like Schaub's worst football is starting to become more consistent. I am definitely starting to think that "cutting bait" by bringing in a better player for him will soon be a smart move, but I won't forget how consistent he has been over the years just because of a few bad games. That's why I can't respect the opinions of these guys that cheer for this guy all year long and even for several years, and say nothing when we're 6-1, 7-1, 8-,1, 9-1, and 10-1, but then the minute we drop two games all of a sudden he is worthless, a bottom feeder, a joke at the position, and etc. Schaub is the same guy that he has always been .
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #59
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummmm, the Texans defense is pretty good?? Perhaps you're not aware that over the last 7 or 8 games they've been ranked around 26 or 27th? If you really wanna be a respectable poster here on TexansTalk, (which is really cool) and you've been cool in the past..... Know that.

AJ.... As much as we love him here (borderline Earl or Bum status), he'll be the first to admit he's missed a few this season.
I am aware of ewhata has transpired over the last few games- I was talking about the totality of the last 2 years as far as the defense goes.

Foster has been pretty damn good, AJ and Daniels too....
Old 01-07-2013   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Done.

Last edited by GP; 01-07-2013 at 11:30 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read