Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #61
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I just hate seeing biased refs officiate games they have no business officiating. For instance, when Mike Carey officiates a SD Charger game, or Larry Nemers a KC Chiefs game, etc. The League just shouldn't have refs officiating hometown games; I don't care how much they save on travel costs.

I still say the replacement refs were no worse than the part-time refs the NFL currently employs. I also believe the refs should be available to the media to answer for blown calls and poorly officiated games. Don't like the fact the NFL controls that aspect, in the sense they fine players, coaches and team personnel, for publicly criticizing poor officiating, and they also control media access to the games for both those that support and oppose them. They make it to where their pawns/refs are beyond reproach.

Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #62
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, this thread is crazy and it makes our fanbase look retarded. How about we play the game before claiming the refs and NFL are conspiring against Houston?
Old 01-06-2013   #63
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow, this thread is crazy and it makes our fanbase look retarded. How about we play the game before claiming the refs and NFL are conspiring against Houston?
Some folks are proactive?
Old 01-06-2013   #64
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL, the biggest cash cows sports corporation in the world will make money REGARDLESS of who plays in the Playoffs or Superbowls. Just about the only thing that can shakeup this empire is the engagement of such conspiracy that you folks here is alleging. You really think the NFL would be that stupid to take risk that could cut off their own legs? We talking about about billions of dollars at stakes, not to mention over 75 years of existence in their name. You think the NFL would take such a risk just to make a NE vs Denver matchup? Really?

Please. Someone close this thread before honest good-hearted folks reads some of these ridiculous posts and believes it to the point where it'll ruin their football-watching experience. How can ANYBODY enjoy a game of this magnitude with that kind of shallow mentality.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #65
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't the Texans vs Patriots one of the most watched games this year?

So one could say that the NFL wants this matchup too.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #66
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest View Post

1. Fault the rule, not the call. According to the rule, it was called correctly.
2. The same rule was called AGAINST the Patriots that season against the division rival Jets and in turn cost us a win.
3. I am oh so tired of hearing that when that call was made, that the Raiders lost the game by default. Nothing else happened after that call. All that happened was that call.

The fact we were playing in a blizzard is ignored. The fact that the drive after the tuck rule call was only to tie the game so we could go into OT is ignored. The fact that in OT, Brady went a perfect 8 for 8 and Vinetari kicked a game winning FG -IN A BLIZZARD- is ignored.

4. As far as I'm concerned, that call still doesn't make up for how the Patriots were robbed against the Raiders in the 1976 Divisional playoffs. Thats right. These two teams have been involved in another top 10 most controversial calls of all time- and this time the call went the Raiders way- and they in turn went on to win the Superbowl. Watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

I did have the original version of this when it made the top 10 series the NFL Network runs occasionally but apparently the NFL copy wright nazis have deleted it.

After that debacle that happened on Thanksgiving with Forsett against the Lions, I'm surprised you're so vocal about a call that happened over a decade ago.

Oh and back on topic- heres to a great injury free game Texans.
Glad you brought up the '76 game. I watched that game; it was very poorly officiated, a lot of calls went against the Patriots. But that's the point, you weren't a favored team yet; you were on the road playing the team most people wanted to see. I doubt the NFL or the officials care who wins next week; but if there is a controversial call, it won't go in Houston's favor... more likely, if a controversy benefits New England; the officials won't get in the way.
Old 01-06-2013   #67
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would the NFL want Brady beating down Manning yet again. Brady Owns Manning's ass like Manning's little brother owns Brady's ass.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why would the NFL want Brady beating down Manning yet again. Brady Owns Manning's ass like Manning's little brother owns Brady's ass.
I don't think they want Brady to beat Manning again; I think they want him to be the one to lose to Manning this time. Yeah, I know Brady's the better QB, but refs can twist that all up real easy. It's not like Manning needs much help even to beat Brady. A few calls'll do it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #69
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why? Because they'd rather have two Hall of Fame QBs in the AFC Conference Game as opposed to one HOF QB vs a mediocre one from one of the other two teams.

BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #70
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 15120 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never seen an opposing teams fanbase more paranoid about the referees and claiming unfair # of calls againt their team as this one.

Eageles, Chiefs, Steelers, Colts, Pats, Jet= i've posted on all their boards and never seen as much crying about officials as here.

This is shameful....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #71
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What he said.
Old 01-07-2013   #72
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpærə.nɔɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #73
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
As a Texans fan I'm embarrassed to be part of a forum where so many members are already fishing for excuses on a game that hasn't play yet. I hope the Texans players don't share y'all mindset or we will surely lose this game.
You registered here barely over a month ago. You are free to leave any time.
Old 01-07-2013   #74
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I have never seen an opposing teams fanbase more paranoid about the referees and claiming unfair # of calls againt their team as this one.

Eageles, Chiefs, Steelers, Colts, Pats, Jet= i've posted on all their boards and never seen as much crying about officials as here.

This is shameful....

Without a doubt its pretty pathetic
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #75
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You registered here barely over a month ago. You are free to leave any time.

It wouldnt matter if he/she registered here a second and a half ago its true
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #76
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I don't believe the refs have any agenda to call the game in favor of NE. Please stop investing in a nonsense beliefs like that. The only reason Texans seems like they getting the short end of the sticks sometimes is their agrressive and undisciplined style of plays on defense lately. Their secondary have bad habits for not playing the ball when it's in the air and they grab and pull on nearly every snap. When a team plays Defense like that official will always favor the Offense.
yeah, I don't get it, either.

Houston has had it's share of bad calls by refs, but I think it was ALL due to human error and certainly had nothing to do with any kind of conspiracy against specific cities or franchises.

Next weekend, if the TV people had their way, would have been the Colts/Luck going to Denver/Manning. THAT would be perfect for television ratings. But absolutely nothing in yesterday's game made me think that the refs were on the books to throw the game.

Look, it's Occam's razor,folks. Y'all are making this way to complicated. The simplest reason is usually the right reason. If the Texans lose next weekend, it will be because the Patriots played their game and the Texans likely got manhandled by NE. We might have a call here or there, but until you show a clear track record of bad calls that clearly influenced a game one way or the other, it's all just blowing smoke at this point.
Old 01-07-2013   #77
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the NFL fixes matchups...

What I do think what happens is the refs give the benefit of doubt to better teams and players.

For example, guys like Pollard will get called for roughing much more likely because he has the reputation of head hunting....Brady can overthrow a guy 20 yards on a deep pass because maybe the ref says

"Oh that's Brady, he hits that pass unless there is some holding going on." throws yellow flag.

Some Bengal fans claim there was a lot of holding going on by our linemen...haven't looked at every snap closely but maybe so? After all we have 3 probowl linemen on our line, Maybe a guy like Brown that has the reputation of not giving up many sacks gets away with it a lot more?

I know Andre gets away with pushing off a lot. He's known as a physical receiver so I think he gets away with it a lot.

Basically, superstar calls. Happens in the NFL too. That's why I'm expecting that one bogus P.I call for Brady.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #78
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

You're NOT a conspiracy theorist...that's EXACTLY what the NFL wants.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #79
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post

This is shameful....
Yup.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
You're NOT a conspiracy theorist...that's EXACTLY what the NFL wants.
Yes, he is a conspiracy theorist until he PROVES otherwise.

Subjective conjecture requires illogical assumptions. And crappy calls made 10, 20, 30 years ago prove nothing but human imperfection.

I like a good conspiracy as much as anyone, but y'all are just taking it to another level. How about using this much critical thinking on building 7?

Saying the NFL is influencing games to benefit tv ratings is akin to saying that NASA never landed on the moon, IMO.

You have absolutely nothing substantial to back it up, and you are building in a flimsy excuse to cover up for a team with known deficiencies.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read